Blizzak snow tires for sale.
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Blizzak snow tires for sale.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    961

    Default Blizzak snow tires for sale.

    Hey guys,

    After 1. Moving to Mississippi and 2. Having my 1G volt totaled. I no longer need a set of Blizzak snow tires. They have about 6 months and 6000 miles of use (two winters). They are 215/60/16 Blizzak WS 60 snow tires, and are mounted on a nice set of 16" Anzio wheels and have the correct TPMS sensors.

    All told this setup cost me over $1000 new, so I am asking for $500 obo. Tires are currently located in Mississippi 39305 zip code if anyone wants to save money picking them up, but I expect to have to ship them.

    Thanks,

    Keith

    PS: Yes, summer is not the best time to sell them, but I am reducing clutter in my new house.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Fighting Illini country surrounded by bean fields
    Posts
    10,503

    Default

    You realize, as soon as you sell the tires, Mississippi will have an unusually snowy winter. The climate change tipping point has already been tripped. Back in March I announced that my daughter's cursed Subaru is headed to Atlanta from Boston. That little subbie causes snow to follow it wherever she goes. I had 2 years of snowageddon in IL, then continued blizzards in Boston. Atlanta will be the new epicenter, but Mississippi also will be affected.
    Last edited by llninja; 1 Week Ago at 12:02 AM.
    LLninja (greenback troll #1)
    2013 Volt G1 white diamond tricoat

    If I can get the guy in the mirror under control I can be skinny and rich.
    If you don't have the money, don't buy it. Debt is hazardous to your wealth
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by doctorq Hidden Content
    "what kind of mental problem do you have? you should really get yourself checked out, are you on any type of psychotropic medications?
    R:IQ $2.2M, at $1.7M proj $4.8M

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Snow in Mississippi usually equates to a dusting that melts inside 12 hours - my wife (a Canadian) worked there for her residency and having come from Canada she had a good laugh when the state once screeched to a halt when they got just enough snow to actually whiten the roads. They had the national guard pick her up at her apartment to bring her to work at the hospital - she still laughs hysterically telling people the stories about that day.

    Not sure where the OP is moving from, but it was from anywhere that actually gets *real* amounts of snow, I don't think he's going to have trouble driving on all-seasons in a "Mississippi snow storm".
    -Mark, Ontario Canada
    -2012 Volt

  4. Remove Advertisements
    GM-Volt.com
    Advertisements

  5. Advertisement

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Fighting Illini country surrounded by bean fields
    Posts
    10,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PrivatePilot View Post
    Snow in Mississippi usually equates to a dusting that melts inside 12 hours - my wife (a Canadian) worked there for her residency and having come from Canada she had a good laugh when the state once screeched to a halt when they got just enough snow to actually whiten the roads. They had the national guard pick her up at her apartment to bring her to work at the hospital - she still laughs hysterically telling people the stories about that day.

    Not sure where the OP is moving from, but it was from anywhere that actually gets *real* amounts of snow, I don't think he's going to have trouble driving on all-seasons in a "Mississippi snow storm".
    The OP moved from Indiana, well over a year ago, if memory serves me correctly.
    LLninja (greenback troll #1)
    2013 Volt G1 white diamond tricoat

    If I can get the guy in the mirror under control I can be skinny and rich.
    If you don't have the money, don't buy it. Debt is hazardous to your wealth
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by doctorq Hidden Content
    "what kind of mental problem do you have? you should really get yourself checked out, are you on any type of psychotropic medications?
    R:IQ $2.2M, at $1.7M proj $4.8M

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Indiana gets real snow. I think he'll do just fine with all seasons in MS.

    Yes, MS does occasionally get some snow, but it happens so seldom that driving around on snow tires all winter for the possibility of one snow event (which is likely going to amount to nothing by Indiana standards) does seem like an overkill.

    OP, if you weren't so far away I'd buy those off you in a heartbeat. We do have family in MS now (Brandon MS) but we don't get down there often enough to even say I'd have them pick them up for me and I'll get them next time we are there.

    Edit: I just re read the initial post in which the OP mentions the car was totalled, so it makes this discussion moot, but my opinions stand otherwise.
    -Mark, Ontario Canada
    -2012 Volt

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Fighting Illini country surrounded by bean fields
    Posts
    10,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PrivatePilot View Post
    Indiana gets real snow. I think he'll do just fine with all seasons in MS.

    Yes, MS does occasionally get some snow, but it happens so seldom that driving around on snow tires all winter for the possibility of one snow event (which is likely going to amount to nothing by Indiana standards) does seem like an overkill.

    OP, if you weren't so far away I'd buy those off you in a heartbeat. We do have family in MS now (Brandon MS) but we don't get down there often enough to even say I'd have them pick them up for me and I'll get them next time we are there.

    Edit: I just re read the initial post in which the OP mentions the car was totalled, so it makes this discussion moot, but my opinions stand otherwise.
    I'd consider selling you my snow tires which have been on my volt for less than 2 weeks total over the past two years. After 2 Snowageddons, I splurged and bought them along with a set of 18" wheels for my summer tires (my Yokohama ICEguards are on the OEM polished rims). As a direct result of me buying them (or quite possibly a direct result of my daughter's Subaru going to Boston, I'm not sure which) we have barely had enough snow in IL to warrant having snow tires. But I'm certain as soon as I sell them, I'll need them. Even if th4 volt gets totaled, I have a CTS with the exact same wheel size and lug nut pattern that I can continue to use them. So I'd have to get rid of two vehicles before my snow tires go up for sale. Best $1200 I've ever spent to guarantee no snow.
    LLninja (greenback troll #1)
    2013 Volt G1 white diamond tricoat

    If I can get the guy in the mirror under control I can be skinny and rich.
    If you don't have the money, don't buy it. Debt is hazardous to your wealth
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by doctorq Hidden Content
    "what kind of mental problem do you have? you should really get yourself checked out, are you on any type of psychotropic medications?
    R:IQ $2.2M, at $1.7M proj $4.8M

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    961

    Default

    I have shipped wheels and tires before, if you want them you can still get them

    Keith

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Similar Threads

  1. Snow Tires - Again
    By heyeph in forum Generation 2 Volt (2016-2020)
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 12-09-2016, 04:40 PM
  2. 1st gen Volt Blizzak snow tires on 16" rims.
    By Fourdoor in forum For Sale
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-10-2016, 11:21 PM
  3. Snow tires
    By heyeph in forum Generation 2 Volt (2016-2020)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-19-2016, 08:44 PM
  4. Blizzak/Wheel/TPMS set for sale in Chicago west suburbs
    By Ron C in forum Chevy Volt Accessories and Modifications
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-19-2014, 05:18 PM
  5. Volt Snow Tires For Sale
    By eplantz in forum Generation 1 Volt (2011-2015)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-08-2013, 02:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts