Lutz Got it Right
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 6

Thread: Lutz Got it Right

Quote Originally Posted by viking79 View Post
    Although the Volt got it "right", it still doesn't sell that well.
    They sure seem to out here in So Cal.
    Very common now. I see them everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by llninja View Post
    OMG. I now want a Holden Wagon (Cruze) with AWD, Voltec Drivetrain, and a lift kit. Don't tell me it's not possible. Anything is possible if Gm just. Puts their minds to it.

https://www.holden.com.au/wagon

OMg a second time. the Holden's SSV redline has a 6.2L V8 - so it's essentially a Chevy SS in wagon form. Screw the Voltec, maybe I should just import a Holden Wagon body and stick a left hand drive Chevy SS innards into it.
    Over on CruzeTalk we've been trying to figure out for five years why GM won't bring their hot cars to the US. As far as we can tell someone in GM corporate seems to have blinders on in this regard. Ford's been very successful doing just this.

Fighting Illini country surrounded by bean fields

Quote Originally Posted by obermd View Post
    Over on CruzeTalk we've been trying to figure out for five years why GM won't bring their hot cars to the US. As far as we can tell someone in GM corporate seems to have blinders on in this regard. Ford's been very successful doing just this.
    Well, the Chevy SS is here, and I'll bet very few people actually know about it. It's probably one of the last manual transmission V8 sedans out there other than the BMW M and the CTS-V.
    LLninja (greenback troll #1)
    2013 Volt G1 white diamond tricoat

If I can get the guy in the mirror under control I can be skinny and rich.
    If you don't have the money, don't buy it. Debt is hazardous to your wealth
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by doctorq Hidden Content
    "what kind of mental problem do you have? you should really get yourself checked out, are you on any type of psychotropic medications?
    R:IQ $2.2M, at $1.7M proj $4.8M

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM-Volt.com
    Advertisements

5. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Dave View Post
    I was close, I can tell.
    Plus or minus 40 miles...

Quote Originally Posted by llninja View Post
    Neither a Volvo or an Acura vigor are exclusive. By exclusive, we're talking extremely low quantities and high prices. Even AMG, M series, many Ferraris, many Porsche are not exclusive. Vector motors was exclusive. I don't even know if they delivered a vehicle without it catching on fire.

The people who run in these circles host parties at each other's houses trying to one-up each other. I think it's sickening. First of all, I would never have that kind of money as if I did, I'd be donating huge chunks of it and secondly, I would stop accumulating it in such large numbers. I think $2-5M total nestegg is enough to live off the interest for life. When you get to $20-200M, well then you must be charging too much for whatever you've produced, drop the prices so others can benefit.
    You are equating exclusivity with money. The two are mutually exclusive, yet frequently conflated. If everyone is wearing a blue rag and I'm wearing a white rag, my white rag is exclusive. S60s are a dime a dozen now, but when they first came out and you never saw them (which lasted a while), it was exclusive and everyone wanted to know about your car. Same thing for the Vigor -- which actually retained some exclusivity because they never did sell them in huge numbers. Most of the people in my neighborhood are very rich, and drive MBs or BMWs. They blend in. My Volt is rather exclusive by comparison, and even these rich guys are interested because they've never seen one and don't know what it is.

I stand corrected. However, I think a deal could have bee struck had GM sat down with Tesla. Both stood to gain, but only if both believed in an EV future. Tesla I am sure of, GM, not so much.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 6

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text