Elon pushing Tesla factory workers till they pass out on the floor
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Elon pushing Tesla factory workers till they pass out on the floor

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    United States - MD
    Posts
    6,426

    Default Elon pushing Tesla factory workers till they pass out on the floor

    https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...ions-elon-musk

    Elon admits workers are “having a hard time, working long hours, and on hard jobs”.
    Gotta get that Model 3 rolling off the production line on time no matter what. TSLA's stock price depends on it.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    My Bolt EV blog: Hidden Content
    cleantechnica.com and electrek.co: you suck, don't link my stuff

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    24

    Default

    What a sensationalistic piece of click bait.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Norco/Corona, CA
    Posts
    2,600

    Default

    UAW Marketing Dept. You know those folk who got rid of the California auto industry the first time? They want to do it a second time.
    Ménage à trois - 2017, 2016 and 2013 Volts.
    Tesla Model 3 Reserved

  4.  

    Advertisement

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    United States - MD
    Posts
    6,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qinsp View Post
    UAW Marketing Dept. You know those folk who got rid of the California auto industry the first time? They want to do it a second time.
    UAW marketing department just make this up too?

    "Tesla’s manufacturing practices appear to have been most dangerous in its earliest years of operations. The company does not dispute that its recordable incident rate (TRIR), an official measure of injuries and illnesses that is reported to workplace safety regulators, was above the industry average between 2013 and 2016.

    Tesla declined to release data over those four years, saying such information “doesn’t reflect how the factory operates today”.


    Also:

    However, some Tesla workers argue the company’s treatment of injured workers discourages them from reporting their injuries. If workers are assigned to “light duty” work because of an injury, they are paid a lower wage as well as supplemental benefits from workers’ compensation insurance, a practice that Tesla said was in line with other employers and California law. Tesla said some injured employees are also able to undertake “modified work” on regular pay.

    “I went from making $22 an hour to $10 an hour,” said a production worker, who injured his back twice while working at Tesla. “It kind of forces people to go back to work.”

    “No one wants to get a pay cut because they’re injured, so everyone just forces themselves to work through it,” added Adam Suarez, who has worked at the factory for about three years.


    Sounds like a company culture where assembly line workers are discouraged from reporting injuries and told to just "man up" for the sake of the company ('s production goals).

    But this is all just a ploy by UAW to bring down Tesla, right?
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    My Bolt EV blog: Hidden Content
    cleantechnica.com and electrek.co: you suck, don't link my stuff

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Norco/Corona, CA
    Posts
    2,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bro1999 View Post
    UAW marketing department just make this up too?

    "Tesla’s manufacturing practices appear to have been most dangerous in its earliest years of operations. The company does not dispute that its recordable incident rate (TRIR), an official measure of injuries and illnesses that is reported to workplace safety regulators, was above the industry average between 2013 and 2016.

    Tesla declined to release data over those four years, saying such information “doesn’t reflect how the factory operates today”.


    Also:

    However, some Tesla workers argue the company’s treatment of injured workers discourages them from reporting their injuries. If workers are assigned to “light duty” work because of an injury, they are paid a lower wage as well as supplemental benefits from workers’ compensation insurance, a practice that Tesla said was in line with other employers and California law. Tesla said some injured employees are also able to undertake “modified work” on regular pay.

    “I went from making $22 an hour to $10 an hour,” said a production worker, who injured his back twice while working at Tesla. “It kind of forces people to go back to work.”

    “No one wants to get a pay cut because they’re injured, so everyone just forces themselves to work through it,” added Adam Suarez, who has worked at the factory for about three years.


    Sounds like a company culture where assembly line workers are discouraged from reporting injuries and told to just "man up" for the sake of the company ('s production goals).

    But this is all just a ploy by UAW to bring down Tesla, right?
    I'm not saying the UAW is making things up, but I've seen the same tactic used when I was UAW.
    Ménage à trois - 2017, 2016 and 2013 Volts.
    Tesla Model 3 Reserved

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    7,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qinsp View Post
    I'm not saying the UAW is making things up, but I've seen the same tactic used when I was UAW.
    I've been on the A-team in a non-union shop. I worked Christmas more than once. My record for contiguous hours worked is 22.5. Our attitude was that the machines/cars/whatever had to go out on a certain day and we had to get it done and done right.

    So I'm very familiar with what's going on. But it was always voluntary for us. You cannot make these things mandatory. That part disturbs me.

    I don't think it's fair to call conspiracy. If there's a problem it needs to be outed. I was happy to read they brought in ergonomics experts and a third shift. Things may actually be improving.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bayamon, Puerto Rico
    Posts
    4,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bro1999 View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...ions-elon-musk

    Elon admits workers are “having a hard time, working long hours, and on hard jobs”.
    Gotta get that Model 3 rolling off the production line on time no matter what. TSLA's stock price depends on it.
    One point is very true: TSLA stock is overvalued. As the expected production date get closer, TM has to borrow more money to build up inventory, and some financial analysts predict a "crash" if TM doesn't fulfill its "promises". So TM is in the "calm" before the "Storm" and the analysts recommend selling before the "storm" happens.
    Raymond
    No Volt or Bolt EV yet!

    2009 Chevrolet Equinox 2LT
    Level 2 JuiceBox EVSE installed at 7.2 kW
    Registered EVSE at PlugShare
    Waiting for the first EV to charge!

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    High Point, NC
    Posts
    78

    Default

    This would be the analysts who are shorting the hell out of the stock and who stand to take a massive bath if the stock doesn't tank as they predicted.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Fighting Illini country surrounded by bean fields
    Posts
    9,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrMiguelitoLoveless View Post
    This would be the analysts who are shorting the hell out of the stock and who stand to take a massive bath if the stock doesn't tank as they predicted.
    Betting on one stock going up or down is very risky. I can predict Tesla stock will go up. I can also predict Tesla stock will go down. I cannot predict when and by how much. Either buy and hold, or don't mess with this at all. Didn't anyone learn their lesson during dot bomb, the financial crisis, 1929?
    LLninja (greenback troll #1)
    2013 Volt G1 white diamond tricoat

    If I can get the guy in the mirror under control I can be skinny and rich.
    If you don't have the money, don't buy it. Debt is hazardous to your wealth
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by doctorq Hidden Content
    "what kind of mental problem do you have? you should really get yourself checked out, are you on any type of psychotropic medications?
    R:IQ $2.2M, at $1.7M proj $4.8M

  11.  

    Advertisement

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by llninja View Post
    Betting on one stock going up or down is very risky. I can predict Tesla stock will go up. I can also predict Tesla stock will go down. I cannot predict when and by how much. Either buy and hold, or don't mess with this at all. Didn't anyone learn their lesson during dot bomb, the financial crisis, 1929?
    No, No they did not.

    Keith

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Similar Threads

  1. Bob Lutz goes off on Elon, Tesla again
    By bro1999 in forum Chevy Volt General Discussion, News, and Events
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-28-2016, 12:28 AM
  2. Missouri Tries to Pass Anti-Tesla Law
    By VoltGuy2014 in forum Chevy Volt General Discussion, News, and Events
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-16-2014, 09:21 PM
  3. A 4-Day Test Drive of the Tesla S — Elon Musk’s Tesla S
    By RCB268 in forum Hybrid and Electric Vehicle Competitors
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-25-2012, 02:04 PM
  4. Q and A: Elon Musk, CEO, Tesla
    By RCB268 in forum Hybrid and Electric Vehicle Competitors
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-06-2012, 10:20 AM
  5. Former Tesla CEO Martin Eberhard withdraws lawsuit against Elon Musk / Tesla Motors.
    By Jason M. Hendler in forum Hybrid and Electric Vehicle Competitors
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-20-2009, 04:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts