300 Mile SUV
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 300 Mile SUV

Quote Originally Posted by JRRF View Post
    I think we will be seeing a lot of this very soon. The person worried the most is Elon. The technology is out there, as is the demand. Now that the big boys are making these cars, Tesla will have an increasingly uphill battle. You sort of wonder if Tesla may go the way of the Tucker.
    Worried? Go read the Tesla mission statement again, and then reflect on the patent announcement they made last year. If Ford and Audi and everybody follow through with all the promises they're making, Elon will dance a happy jig.

Elon and Tesla never wanted to own the whole EV market - they want to get everyone buying EVs from someone, anyone.

If they come anywhere close to meeting their promises on the 3 rollout, there's no risk of turning into a Tucker, no matter how well the rest of the industry does (and you'll note that Tesla has a couple of years to gain market and mind share before all this competition is supposed to arrive. They'll likely be selling the Y before the Ford and Audi and Jaguar reach customers.)
    Walter
    C4884 - White Diamond, purchased 10/15/11
    2016 Tesla X75D delivered 8/25/16

Hidden Content

If you read beyond the clickbait title, you'll see a very slanted article which boils down to one statement "Fainting spells, dizziness, seizures and other symptoms have led to more than 100 calls to ambulances since 2014"...What IS the industry average of ambulance calls? Surely every auto factory has ambulance calls...In the article it does state that Musk says they're above the industry average in safety...
    Former MY17 LT w/ used homelink mirror owner
    Dear GM, thanks for offering ACC on the Volt, now let's give it 7.2kW charging & a garage door opener...

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM-Volt.com
    Advertisements

5. Advertisement

I really do hope someone builds a $35K ish Equinox/Escape/Rav4/CRV sized (size = interior and cargo room in this case) 200+ mile BEV by 2020. I think battery prices still need to fall a lot for that to happen but we will see. I personally think Tesla or GM have a better shot than Ford.
    2014 Volt
    Keep Austin weird and filled with EVs!

Yahoo Finance is crap journalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacardi View Post
    If you read beyond the clickbait title, you'll see a very slanted article......
    CNBC is crap journalism.

Read the Guardian article. I didn't see it as slanted, as it cites remedies in place and gave a much more relevant and complete picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Dave View Post
    Yahoo Finance is crap journalism.

CNBC is crap journalism.

Read the Guardian article. I didn't see it as slanted, as it cites remedies in place and gave a much more relevant and complete picture.
    Well said; too bad the OP didn't post the Guardian article to begin with...
    Dear GM, thanks for offering ACC on the Volt, now let's give it 7.2kW charging & a garage door opener...

Well said; too bad the OP didn't post the Guardian article to begin with...
    No worries, someone else did.

If you read beyond the clickbait title, you'll see a very slanted article which boils down to one statement "Fainting spells, dizziness, seizures and other symptoms have led to more than 100 calls to ambulances since 2014"...What IS the industry average of ambulance calls? Surely every auto factory has ambulance calls...In the article it does state that Musk says they're above the industry average in safety...
    That's a "days since lost-time on-the-job accident" average of three days. Every factory job I've worked considered less than 100 weird, and when I left the paper mill, they were at 335.
    2012 Standard w/ Navigation

Well, along with the announcement that the COE was replaced, Ford reiterated on the 300 "SUV" and it's bad news, they state “We think we have a technology path that will get us a 300 plus miles range and an affordable crossover utility that will be fully competitive"...

So an intentionally omission of "SUV" and the addition of "crossover", just tells me they have no idea what they're doing...Add to that there's no mention we already have something in development and "THINK" they found the path? Again just not good...When we hear SUV most were hoping for the AWD Escape EV...Now it's sounding like we'll get a FWD Fiesta EV which Ford will call a "crossover" which could be delayed beyond 2020...

12. Advertisement

Well, along with the announcement that the COE was replaced, Ford reiterated on the 300 "SUV" and it's bad news, they state “We think we have a technology path that will get us a 300 plus miles range and an affordable crossover utility that will be fully competitive"...

So an intentionally omission of "SUV" and the addition of "crossover", just tells me they have no idea what they're doing...Add to that there's no mention we already have something in development and "THINK" they found the path? Again just not good...When we hear SUV most were hoping for the AWD Escape EV...Now it's sounding like we'll get a FWD Fiesta EV which Ford will call a "crossover" which could be delayed beyond 2020...
    And Escape is hardly an SUV. Today every vehicle with more than 4 inches of ground clearance is considered a crossover.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text