GM Volt Forum banner

Bolt EV purchases now valid for GM card points redemption

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  llninja 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I got an email from GM this morning about my card points. Logged in to check the vehicles and low and behold the Bolt shows as valid to apply up to $1000 points . Could some better deals/discounts be close behind?

#2 ·
People with the original GM Card (5% up to $500, earnings capped at 7 years) are not constrained by redemption limits, only earnings limits. People with the GM BuyPower card are also not limited with redemption or earnings limits, but they only earn at 2% after the first $250 at 5%. Folks with the New GM card (which is technically old compared to the BuyPower, but newer than the original) are stuck with redemption limits. I'd recommend switching to the BuyPower card, but check out the differences to make sure this works better for you.

#3 ·
Finally, I can somewhat understand GM experimenting with new things such as limited incentives, such as a lease conquest, as long as they're willing to change and open up incentives if the sales are not there...Yet with the points, it's pretty much a big slap in the face that they were omitted...If you accrued all these points and wanted to be a pioneer of the Bolt you should have been able to use your points from day one...

#4 ·
And the way to get one on day one is to live in a lucky early state, already have a GM Buypower card with a bunch of earnings to cash in, or get a time machine to go back to the 90s and get an original GM card.

#5 ·
We have two different GM cards - the 2nd gen and 3rd gen buypower cards. Does anyone know if you can combine them on one purchase?

#6 ·
I don't think you can. Probably need to check with a dealership. 2nd gen sucked because of the redemption limits. Buypower is better as you have unlimited rebate generation and no redemption limits or expiration dates (1st gen limited you to $3500 and 7 years, then at 7 years and 1 month, the first in disappear on you). I have the original GM card, though I've been contemplating getting a BuyPower - I've also been contemplating cutting up the GM card as $3500 over 7 years isn't going to make that much of a difference in the next car I buy. Plus if another manufacturer beat GM to market with an AWD SUV with decent EV range (more than the few dozen the Volvo XC90 has) I might defect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.