Chevy FNR-X concept, say it isn't so!
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast

Thread: Chevy FNR-X concept, say it isn't so!

I like the car except for the front end. Please Chevrolet, don't go down the Toyota/Lexus road.

Quote Originally Posted by Steverino View Post
    Concept cars are always described as if they—and their wonderful features and capabilities—actually existed. I'll believe it when they show the production car and with specs and pricing. GM is pretty good at showing that they could create a compelling style if they really wanted to. But by the time the production vehicle arrives it's a watered down version lacking much of what made the concept standout.
    I agree. Look at the Bolt concept. That had some wow features. The production version not as much, especially in the styling.
    I like this concept and like the size of the vehicle too. This would be a good seller if priced right and marketed. Let s hope GM has the desire to see it thru.
    That said I think the time is very close where Chevy must have a plugin SUV. This concept may be too late if 2 years out.
    2011 Volt #3371, Black, New Hampshire

Not only is it very attractive, it follows a lot of Chevys design language so I could see something similar being built…Look at a Camaro and even the Volt, this concept uses of a lot of their design...

I’d take a Vegas bet there will be an ICE version built…The PHEV leaves a lot of question marks, will it be built at all? Will it be sold in the States? Will it be affordable compared to the ICE or could you get the ICE AWD version for $29,995 while the PHEV with FWD only and manual seats is $65K?
    Former MY17 LT w/ used homelink mirror owner
    Dear GM, thanks for offering ACC on the Volt, now let's give it 7.2kW charging & a garage door opener...

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM-Volt.com
    Advertisements

5. Advertisement

I LOVE it. If it had 40 EV miles, 40 MPG and AWD option, wooooooooooooo, Chevy would kill with this in the crossover segment.
    ***2016 Volt - Kinetic Blue Metallic, LT, w/ Comfort Package and Bose***
    ***2013 Volt - Blue Topaz Metallic, Premium w/Safety Pkg 1 & 2***

Quote Originally Posted by blimo View Post
    IT's the year of fish mouth cars.
    I predict that we'll look back at this design trend with the same horror we now regard bell bottomed pants and leisure suits.

What we're seeing now that the Bolt has been out in Cali, where half of all EVs are sold is that it's still being beat by cheaper Prime and Leaf despite its lower range...So while 30, 40, 50, 75 miles of range may work for you, it may not for sales if the price is high...If you can get the thing to $29,995 even if it only gets 25 miles of range, GM would sell a lot more than if they got to 75 miles of range at $39,995...
    Former MY17 LT w/ used homelink mirror owner
    Dear GM, thanks for offering ACC on the Volt, now let's give it 7.2kW charging & a garage door opener...

Quote Originally Posted by Bacardi View Post
    What we're seeing now that the Bolt has been out in Cali, where half of all EVs are sold is that it's still being beat by cheaper Prime and Leaf despite its lower range...So while 30, 40, 50, 75 miles of range may work for you, it may not for sales if the price is high...If you can get the thing to $29,995 even if it only gets 25 miles of range, GM would sell a lot more than if they got to 75 miles of range at $39,995...
    Doesn't necessarily need to be all or nothing. They could offer a modular pack such that you could advertise the rock-bottom price but show them that for $x more you can double/triple the EV range (and make it easily accessible as a dealer add on post-sale for those who inevitably want more after they've had a taste)
    i.e. We can match that silly Toy on specs and price, or we can also do it 3x better. I'll be here when you come back for more.
    Hidden Content
    Year 1: 8101km | 97.5% EV | 6.0 L/100km CS-only
    35.1L burned | 1.5L EMM, 22.6L wasted (16.6 ERDTT, 6 dealer)
    Year 2: 9277 km | 92.5% EV | 5.0 L/100km CS-only
    29.6L burned | 0.5L EMM
    Combined EV%: 95%

-Triple-honk when exiting the vehicle (purposefully left on) - possible workaround Hidden Content

Extremely cold and can only use engine?
    Hidden Content

I like it. Would definitely buy to replace my 2012 Volt, Needs to be end 2018 or there will be other tempting options.

Hopefully it gets a bit softer in front during production design. I'm assuming the suicide doors are for the concept show?

And definitely at least 50 miles in electric range.

Quote Originally Posted by theo1000 View Post
    I like it. Would definitely buy to replace my 2012 Volt, Needs to be end 2018 or there will be other tempting options.

Hopefully it gets a bit softer in front during production design. I'm assuming the suicide doors are for the concept show?

And definitely at least 50 miles in electric range.
    Are you exceeding your current Volt's range by 10-15 miles exactly on a regular basis?
    2012 Standard w/ Navigation

12. Advertisement

Fairly regularly and usually by an odd 2-3-5 miles type thing, but then I also take my truck on any trips I have doubt. I prefer my truck on ICE. My wife's BMW I3 REX is another data point that tells me 50 would be my sweet spot....

One thing I have noticed with the Bolt on Voltstats, number is averaging closer to 55 miles PVPD, not 40 miles which researchers had been touting. I think GM discovered this with the G1 Volt and carefully pushed the G2 to match that number. Not an accident IMHO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text