Chevy FNR-X concept, say it isn't so!
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chevy FNR-X concept, say it isn't so!

Hybrid View

Default Chevy FNR-X concept, say it isn't so!

I'm taking deep breaths and telling myself, "It's only a CONCEPT car!" While the size would delight many, please tell me GM isn't going to compete with Toyota for Ugliest Grille Design! I definitely don't want a car that looks like a cross between Darth Vader and a Predator.

I'd better grab my Volt fast, before every car looks like it eats children.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/...mage=100600409

It is a concept. I think it'll look a lot more normal than that, and hopefully will be that size, which will be much more useful to a lot of folks. I love my Volt but I would love it to be bigger, even if it meant a little less range....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I LIKE it, which is why I'll probably never see it at my dealer. Just seems to work out that way most of the time, with the exception of the car I have now.

Chevy just doesn't have the stones to produce sweetheart cars like this that might steal away Camaro/Corvette buyers.
    Last edited by Mister Dave; 04-20-2017 at 06:29 PM.

4. Advertisement

Concept cars are always described as if they—and their wonderful features and capabilities—actually existed. I'll believe it when they show the production car and with specs and pricing. GM is pretty good at showing that they could create a compelling style if they really wanted to. But by the time the production vehicle arrives it's a watered down version lacking much of what made the concept standout.
    2011 Cyber Gray, Std Wheels, Black Leather/White Console, Bose, Nav, Htd Seats, Park Assist. Picked up May 2011
    B3320
    Best All Electric Miles: 54.2
    Lifetime: 85,558 miles, 125 MPG, Remaining Oil Life 38%
    Typical Commute: 60 miles
    30 day Stats: 966 miles, 108
    MPG, 62% Electric, 38% gas, Saved 33 gal., 31 kW-hr/100 miles
    Hidden Content Free Volt Manual here: Hidden Content

I like it too. It's not so different than the Lexus NX, RX models. Have to wonder if it's so far from production, they've been working this one for some time. Bolt battery (or half Bolt battery), with Voltec drivetrain?
    Ed
    -2014 Volt, bought new May 2014, Silver Ice, S1, S2, Bose, Nav, Heated Black Leather, Polished Wheels, 3M Window Tint+Windshield IR block, VoltShelf-Mat-Screen, Cabin Air Filter, Red LED interior lighting, 94% EV miles
    -2015 Ford C-Max Energi (wife's car)

EVSEs: Clipper Creek HCS-40
    -2x GM 2014 factory L1, 120/240V L2 mod, 40' cord
    -Off-Grid Solar PV Pulse charger
    -Homebuilt L1, 50', 12AWG, 6/8/12A, electronics integrated into the J1772 handle

5KW Solar PV, Enphase+SolarWorld

Quote Originally Posted by Steverino View Post
    Concept cars are always described as if they—and their wonderful features and capabilities—actually existed. I'll believe it when they show the production car and with specs and pricing. GM is pretty good at showing that they could create a compelling style if they really wanted to. But by the time the production vehicle arrives it's a watered down version lacking much of what made the concept standout.
    I agree. Look at the Bolt concept. That had some wow features. The production version not as much, especially in the styling.
    I like this concept and like the size of the vehicle too. This would be a good seller if priced right and marketed. Let s hope GM has the desire to see it thru.
    That said I think the time is very close where Chevy must have a plugin SUV. This concept may be too late if 2 years out.
    2011 Volt #3371, Black, New Hampshire

Not only is it very attractive, it follows a lot of Chevys design language so I could see something similar being built…Look at a Camaro and even the Volt, this concept uses of a lot of their design...

I’d take a Vegas bet there will be an ICE version built…The PHEV leaves a lot of question marks, will it be built at all? Will it be sold in the States? Will it be affordable compared to the ICE or could you get the ICE AWD version for $29,995 while the PHEV with FWD only and manual seats is $65K?
    Former MY17 LT w/ used homelink mirror owner
    Dear GM, thanks for offering ACC on the Volt, now let's give it 7.2kW charging & a garage door opener...

IT's the year of fish mouth cars.

I like it as well. The grill looks fine to me, I'm probably forcing this a bit when I say that on either side of the bow tie badge I see two letters, S - O then the bow tie U - L. I'll chalk that interpretation up to an acid flashback.

11. Advertisement

Fighting Illini country surrounded by bean fields

It's not nearly as ugly as Toyotas or Lexii. My solution is to plastidip the entire car deep midnight purple, including that ugly mouth. I want one, please make it, AWD for $40K
    LLninja (greenback troll #1)
    2013 Volt G1 white diamond tricoat

If I can get the guy in the mirror under control I can be skinny and rich.
    If you don't have the money, don't buy it. Debt is hazardous to your wealth
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by doctorq Hidden Content
    "what kind of mental problem do you have? you should really get yourself checked out, are you on any type of psychotropic medications?
    R:IQ $2.2M, at $1.7M proj $4.8M

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text