GM Volt Forum banner

Lucid tests prototype at 217MPH - Video

3K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  VoltageDrop 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Another potential contender in the EV space. With all of these "real potentials" happening and some serious R&D I have to wonder why anyone would say the EV is not going to last.

#3 ·
It will never take the top speed of a special EV: the four Lunar Rovers (made by GM), which traveled at over 22,000 MPH on the way to the Moon during the Apollo project. Seriously, who will buy a BEV just for the speed? Only a racer, not the average laypersons.

#7 ·
Lucid and Faraday are both pipe-dreams. Tesla can't make any money so how can these two. They each have no factory or any support structure for the cars they sell. If you think Tesla has issues, wait til these 2 try and produce a "production car". They will be lucky to even match Fisker which was the first car "producer' that couldn't support the products they sold. In case no one noticed, there are too many car companies now. These 2 companies are just looking for money from anyone- neither one has any technology that isn't already out there already.

#14 ·
Everyone said Tesla would fail by now. While they haven't "made" money, they are still around. Their support structure is getting there, but still has a lot of work in that regard. (especially the availability of parts).

Hopefully Lucid succeeds where some others have failed. It takes a lot of coin to get a car company off the ground and have a nationwide support network. Waiting for the AWD/4WD Suv/Truck EV Variant to come out en masse and affordable. (over $100k just isn't affordable for most people, me included). We have "sports cars" and passenger cars now... that is the missing segment, which I might add is the "fatest" segement in the US as to what people want to drive.

Until Tesla came along, no one took EVs seriously outside of a small percentage of the population. (enthusiasts)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.