17 Volt owners test drive of Bolt
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 17 Volt owners test drive of Bolt

It has a very firm ride, which you either like or don't. Plenty of pickup even at higher speeds. Very quiet. On those three counts it beats ICE vehicles without question. For city driving and getting into and out of small spaces it's very well designed.

Definitely not a luxury car and I found the driver seat mildly uncomfortable. On the other hand the back seat has plenty of legroom and the displays and controls were well sorted and easy to use. And yeah, the top view camera was surprisingly good.

Do you think Bolt sales are not starting with a bang because there is still brand loyalty to Nissan and Toyota? I would have thought a bunch of LEAF owners/leasers would have made the jump. Volt doing well though.
    Mark Czajka
    Director
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    2015 Silver Spark EV 1LT
    2013 Oxford White Ford Fusion Energi Titanium

Quote Originally Posted by mczajka View Post
    Do you think Bolt sales are not starting with a bang because there is still brand loyalty to Nissan and Toyota? I would have thought a bunch of LEAF owners/leasers would have made the jump. Volt doing well though.
    You need inventory to make sales... our county has a population of 1.5million ppl- if you search Bolt inventory in our area you find maybe 15 vehicles for sale scattered between 8-10 dealerships.
    Half of those are tagged as "In Transit" and pretty much all of them are listed at full boat MSRP.

Slim pickings with not much variety and expensive to boot.

I looked at one CA dealership the other day... they have 142 Bolts in stock... which is probably more Bolts than all the NY Chevy dealerships combined. With that many Bolt's in stock, you can pretty much find the trim/color you like rather than the choice around here of "that black one right there... or the white one I have coming in sometime next week".
    2017 Bolt Premier- Cajun Red

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM-Volt.com
    Advertisements

5. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by mczajka View Post
    Nope, Bolt EV sales are exactly as expected quoted directly by GM...

Toyota, most drivers are okay with using gas, exception may be the EV Rav4s...The Prius/Prime is a larger vehicle and both offer more standard features and available options...They also offer the red hot AWD Rav4 Hybrid for those who are okay with gas...If you have owned a green Toyota, odds are you do not value 0-60 performance...Prius/Prime/Rav4 Hybrid can all be had for $7K+ cheaper than a Bolt...

Nissan, folks who bought/leased one are already fine with the 100ish miles of range provided to them...If they NEEDED more they probably didn't buy Leaf to begin with...Might have something to do with "no charge to charge" program as there is a bunch of folks who took the cheap lease with free charging and cannot charge at home...And also, if you have owned a green Leaf, odds are you do not value 0-60 performance...Leaf can be had for $7K cheaper than the Bolt EV and if we factor in subsidized leases, possibly a 1/3-1/2 the cost to a Bolt lease...

Leasing in general, the Bolt has only been out for three months, most won't pull the trigger until their lease is up...
    Former MY17 LT w/ used homelink mirror owner
    Dear GM, thanks for offering ACC on the Volt, now let's give it 7.2kW charging & a garage door opener...

Seats are the big problem for me. I find the front seat WAY too small and hard....And I am average height/weight albiet with arthritis in my spine.

No way I would ever go into a lease on a car with uncomfortable seats.

I could live with the cheap looking interior but not those seats.
    Last edited by Lewis9; 04-05-2017 at 03:59 PM.

Aftermarket seats are an option. As someone with back problems there is no such thing as a good OEM seat for me. I always have to tear it down and customize the lumbar support with added foam.

Bad seats are way easier to fix than bad handling or ugly styling.

A shame there is no sunroof option, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text