GM Volt Forum banner

2018 Chevrolet Equinox Review

4K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  Murrcar 
#1 ·

At new-vehicle launches it’s always a bit suspicious when an automaker spends more time hyping the drive route or how scenic the lunch stop is than they do about the product they’re introducing. Are they trying to draw attention away from a substandard product?

Indeed, Chevrolet seemed proud of both the area roads and local cuisine we would experience in the Carolinas (yes, both of ‘em) when they invited AutoGuide.com down to Dixie for a taste of their completely overhauled 2018 Equinox.

Strangely, there was no technical lecture or in-depth walkaround of this new compact crossover; the only formal presentation we got was a marketing spiel that was relegated to the second day. Initially it seemed like Chevy was being a bit evasive about their latest crossover model.

But intended or not, this apparent caginess was completely unnecessary. The new Equinox is a solid product and something they have every right to be proud of.
Read more about the 2018 Chevrolet Equinox Review at AutoGuide.com.

See less See more
#2 ·
The reviewer dared to compare it with the Toyota RAV4, which is now heavier than the Equinox. The only good thing that the RAV4 has is a hybrid version.

GM, wake up! Make a hybrid/EREV Equinox and kill all those Toyotas! I have a 2009 Equinox and I will never swap it for a Toyota. So make me a hybrid/EREV Equinox!!

#8 ·
I don't see how the Equinox is relevant to this group, it's just an ICE car and therefore of no interest. Bolts yes, other EVs like Teslas, Leafs, i3s, comparisons with the Volt are welcome, but not an ordinary ICE SUV.

#14 ·
Th Equinox is a Delta 2 platform. The Malibu is the Epsilon 2 platform. They may share the engines but not the same platform. The Volt is a variation of the Delta platform. But its a big stretch from the Volt to the Equinox.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.