Sold my 2014 ELR, going back to Acura
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sold my 2014 ELR, going back to Acura

Just so I get a picture of this, from the UK perspective, how do you go from $750pm to $200pm by tax incentives?
    I paid 50k for the car - minus 13.5k in tax incentives - effectively my price was 36.5k. Sold it for 31.5 25 months later - loss of 5k. Divide 5k by 25 -$200 a month, and it was little over than 25 months - so technically less than $200.

Now - I think it was 6k in CO in 2015 - don't remember for sure, but those incentives sure helped.

My dealer is better than most. They have room for improvement with the drop-off pick-up process, but, the technicians are top tier. Most of the issues I have had are parts availability. It is a limited run car, so, I expect that.

My ELR is the absolute best car I have ever owned or driven. The wipers work too.
    Last edited by Loboc; 03-19-2017 at 08:35 AM.
    Driving a show car. Every day! Hidden Content

---—------—------—------—---
    2014 Crystal Red ELR (REDD) code R w/Cashmere interior
    L2 - GE WattStation
    iOS 10.3 on iPhone 6. MyCadillac App version 3.5.0
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Fighting Illini country surrounded by bean fields

Quote Originally Posted by Aybolit View Post
    I paid 50k for the car - minus 13.5k in tax incentives - effectively my price was 36.5k. Sold it for 31.5 25 months later - loss of 5k. Divide 5k by 25 -$200 a month, and it was little over than 25 months - so technically less than $200.

Now - I think it was 6k in CO in 2015 - don't remember for sure, but those incentives sure helped.
    I sure miss the Illinois incentives that got me close to an additiona $4k off my volt. Colorado's is some funky math formula based on battery capacity but having a cap at $6k -- how sweet.

Details can be found here. https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/sit...s/Income67.pdf

So the effective price of the original ELR would have been a no-brainer for me, but I would have probably kept it. She is so smoking hot I'd overlook a few warts under that gorgeous dress.
    Last edited by llninja; 03-19-2017 at 08:40 AM.
    LLninja (greenback troll #1)
    2013 Volt G1 white diamond tricoat

If I can get the guy in the mirror under control I can be skinny and rich.
    If you don't have the money, don't buy it. Debt is hazardous to your wealth
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by doctorq Hidden Content
    "what kind of mental problem do you have? you should really get yourself checked out, are you on any type of psychotropic medications?
    R:IQ $2.2M, at $1.7M proj $4.8M

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM-Volt.com
    Advertisements

Advertisement

Still pissed about it. Flat tire assistant program is also not functional. Not the way to treat the guy with deep pockets.
    Overal - era of Volt is over - Bolt and hopefully Model 3 and new generation Lelaf is the game changer.
    For all of you current Volt and ELR owners - I think its time to move on to something better. I will.
    You may be pissed. Sorry to hear about that. However, there are plenty of happy owners out here who love our cars and have had excellent service from our dealers. You enjoy your new toy from the Japanese industrial complex, I will keep my Volt thank you very much.

You may be pissed. Sorry to hear about that. However, there are plenty of happy owners out here who love our cars and have had excellent service from our dealers. You enjoy your new toy from the Japanese industrial complex, I will keep my Volt thank you very much.
    Dont get me wrong - I am not pissed at all (not on the car anyway). I got to drive awesome looking car (inside and out - in my book The Best Looking Car on the road now) for 2 years and trully enjoyed it 90% of a time. Dealership sucked - so what - just another business I am not satisfy with. Needed to drive something reasonable while waiting for a better fully electric car (would never justify driving 100+ k car). Now time had arrived - those new cars with much better electrical range will draw the resale values of the Volts/ELR's down in my opinion and I just happy to get out of that wagon early enough. I might be wrong of course - but maybe not - in anyway - don't kill the messenger!
    The reason for the post is simply to finish the chapter of my ELR forum life - that forum obviously needs more posts anyway )

And who knows - I might continue posting - this time on Bolt AWD forum for the years to come )
    Last edited by Aybolit; 03-19-2017 at 10:16 AM.

I disagree - pure electrical is so much better concept. And look - all these new cars with 200 + miles range coming out. Cant wait. I need to make it to my condo in the mountains - uphill 90 miles from my house - would not try anything with less than 200 miles - and options should be available comes fall. Hoping for Bolt AWD (but GM again - might have to walk away) or Jaguar. Here in CO I think 6k state plus 7.5k federal tax incentives - definitely help with resale.
    pure EV is not. The fault there is that batteries continue to weigh too much for the range they deliver. Automakers don't like having to accept nearly a 1000 pounds of weight for such little range and yes, anything under 300 to 400 is minimal.

You can read my previous posts if you want to. But basically, they made me bring my Cady back to dealership and tested it in front of me with the garden hose blasting water on the windshield - and or Miracle! - it did activate the wipers.
    I don't fully understand this feature -- and don't get much chance to test it unfortunately -- but it seems to work as designed when set up correctly. The only "problem" is that if the light hits the windshield the right way the sensors will think it's rain and give it a single swipe. Overall not the greatest system.

My biggest complaint about things not working is the manual is simply wrong about how you set the seat memory. Or I'm misinterpreting it. Hard to remember now but it says something like press and release and you have to press and hold.

Whatever makes you happy....

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    I don't fully understand this feature -- and don't get much chance to test it unfortunately -- but it seems to work as designed when set up correctly. The only "problem" is that if the light hits the windshield the right way the sensors will think it's rain and give it a single swipe. Overall not the greatest system.
    Neither do I, I've never seen it work really well on any car, nor do I see the point. It seems to me like a " If we can put a man on the moon, why do I still have to extend a finger to turn on my wipers?" kind of solution.
    2012 Volt, White, premium interior, nav and entertainment.
    2.8L/100 km., 55/45 EV and ICE lifetime
    Greenback Troll #2.75

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Fyodor View Post
    Neither do I, I've never seen it work really well on any car, nor do I see the point. It seems to me like a " If we can put a man on the moon, why do I still have to extend a finger to turn on my wipers?" kind of solution.
    I agree. I've never seen automatic wipers that were worth a damn. Like mentioned, it's a simple 1 second hand flick to operate wipers.
    Auto headlights are great, but auto highbeams and auto wipers are parlor tricks that really are not that good nor should they be trusted.
    Ménage à trois - 2017, 2016 and 2013 Volts.
    Tesla Model 3 Reserved

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text