Sold my 2014 ELR, going back to Acura
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast

Thread: Sold my 2014 ELR, going back to Acura

Cool Sold my 2014 ELR, going back to Acura

So, finally sold my ELR - took me a year at cars.com. Bought it for 50k in Feb of 2015, sold today for 31.5k. Minus CO and Federal state tax incentives - ended up at less than $200 a month for little over 25 months, almost 24k miles. Overall very cheap way to pay for my middle life crisis , and to drive the best looking car on the road.
    Cady - if you are listening - not buying another GM anytime soon - going back to my lovely Acura again. Feel like my complains about not working automatic windshield wiper and loose driver seat were simply ignored - even after getting BBB involved. Never had that happened to me at any other dealerships - the mechanic would look you in the eyes and mumble -"its working the way its supposed to" - end of the conversation. Still pissed about it. Flat tire assistant program is also not functional. Not the way to treat the guy with deep pockets.
    Overal - era of Volt is over - Bolt and hopefully Model 3 and new generation Lelaf is the game changer.
    For all of you current Volt and ELR owners - I think its time to move on to something better. I will.
    Last edited by Steverino; 03-18-2017 at 08:43 PM. Reason: title clarity

Sounds like an issue with the dealer. However, the owner experience is a combination of the car and the servicing dealer. As we know, a dealer can make or break the ownership experience, especially if there aren't others to choose from. Sorry you had a bad one.
    2011 Cyber Gray, Std Wheels, Black Leather/White Console, Bose, Nav, Htd Seats, Park Assist. Picked up May 2011
    B3320
    Best All Electric Miles: 54.2
    Lifetime: 85,558 miles, 125 MPG, Remaining Oil Life 38%
    Typical Commute: 60 miles
    30 day Stats: 966 miles, 108
    MPG, 62% Electric, 38% gas, Saved 33 gal., 31 kW-hr/100 miles
    Hidden Content Free Volt Manual here: Hidden Content

Who changed the name of the thread? Didn't replace it with Acura - always had it, ELR was third car in the family

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM-Volt.com
    Advertisements

5. Advertisement

It's a shame that you weren't able to find a better dealer. I love driving 100% electric, and Acura doesn't yet have an EV.

Tesla does offer CPO (certified pre-owned) EVs in Volt / ELR price territory, so you may want to check one of those out.

Yep dealer experience is so important when buying a low-volume vehicle.
    2016 Volt Premier, C1, C2
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Aybolit View Post
    So, finally sold my ELR - took me a year at cars.com. Bought it for 50k in Feb of 2015, sold today for 31.5k. Minus CO and Federal state tax incentives - ended up at less than $200 a month for little over 25 months, almost 24k miles. Overall very cheap way to pay for my middle life crisis , and to drive the best looking car on the road.
    Cady - if you are listening - not buying another GM anytime soon - going back to my lovely Acura again. Feel like my complains about not working automatic windshield wiper and loose driver seat were simply ignored - even after getting BBB involved. Never had that happened to me at any other dealerships - the mechanic would look you in the eyes and mumble -"its working the way its supposed to" - end of the conversation. Still pissed about it. Flat tire assistant program is also not functional. Not the way to treat the guy with deep pockets.
    Overal - era of Volt is over - Bolt and hopefully Model 3 and new generation Lelaf is the game changer.
    For all of you current Volt and ELR owners - I think its time to move on to something better. I will.
    Good for you.
    So you've heard the man guys ? It's OVER, time to move on to something better ...

Fighting Illini country surrounded by bean fields

Quote Originally Posted by Aybolit View Post
    Who changed the name of the thread? Didn't replace it with Acura - always had it, ELR was third car in the family
    There's a note in the edit on your first post, steverino did it. As for bad dealership experiences, the place where I bought my volt told me to pound sand when I pointed out to them that one of my tires can different from the other 3. Also, when they were fixing a Bluetooth issue with a software update, the brainiac mechanic thought they needed to drive the car for 10 miles to test it (i suspect they were joy riding, though they claimed they wanted to make sure it wasn't within wifi range, which makes absolutely no sense). I've since been brining my volt to another dealership 18 miles away. Maybe going to a different caddy dealership would have help.

I have to say, I envy you. I have always wanted an ELR, the $75K MSRP caused me to abandon hope and buy the Volt right after the pricing announcement. I should have known that prices would drop dramatically.
    LLninja (greenback troll #1)
    2013 Volt G1 white diamond tricoat

If I can get the guy in the mirror under control I can be skinny and rich.
    If you don't have the money, don't buy it. Debt is hazardous to your wealth
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by doctorq Hidden Content
    "what kind of mental problem do you have? you should really get yourself checked out, are you on any type of psychotropic medications?
    R:IQ $2.2M, at $1.7M proj $4.8M

Quote Originally Posted by TurboFly View Post
    Good for you.
    So you've heard the man guys ? It's OVER, time to move on to something better ...
    As far as I'm concerned, my Volt is the best there is. So I'm already there.
    2017 Premier Siren Red - H 0157 - Hidden Content Born 2/01/16 - Delivered 2/27/2016 Hidden Content
    2013 Crystal Red - D 2516 - Delivered 10/16/2012 .... Returned to Ally 11/07/2015
    U235 Powered

Quote Originally Posted by llninja View Post
    There's a note in the edit on your first post, steverino did it. As for bad dealership experiences, the place where I bought my volt told me to pound sand when I pointed out to them that one of my tires can different from the other 3. Also, when they were fixing a Bluetooth issue with a software update, the brainiac mechanic thought they needed to drive the car for 10 miles to test it (i suspect they were joy riding, though they claimed they wanted to make sure it wasn't within wifi range, which makes absolutely no sense). I've since been brining my volt to another dealership 18 miles away. Maybe going to a different caddy dealership would have help.

I have to say, I envy you. I have always wanted an ELR, the $75K MSRP caused me to abandon hope and buy the Volt right after the pricing announcement. I should have known that prices would drop dramatically.
    WOW...I am impressed! You listen well as I have been reading your posts .....and it appears you have been "pounding sand" here ever since )
    jk....actually I think the VOLT drive train will be MORE successful than all electric as I think the back up engine/generator will prove to be more reliable and provide more utility worldwide ultimately....imo
    2017 Volt Premier Loaded, White/Black Love it More!!Hidden Content
    2016 Volt Premier Loaded, White/Black Love it!
    2015 BMW 428i Convt/Hardtop White/Tan
    Want 2017/2018? Malibu Voltec Drive with 100+ mile range Hidden Content )

12. Advertisement

I disagree - pure electrical is so much better concept. And look - all these new cars with 200 + miles range coming out. Cant wait. I need to make it to my condo in the mountains - uphill 90 miles from my house - would not try anything with less than 200 miles - and options should be available comes fall. Hoping for Bolt AWD (but GM again - might have to walk away) or Jaguar. Here in CO I think 6k state plus 7.5k federal tax incentives - definitely help with resale.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text