GM Volt Forum banner

What are proper tow strap ends to use for 2014 or gen 1 in general

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  imanjunk1963 
#1 ·
I searched for tow straps in the forums but found nothing specific. Recently I had to be towed almost out of a muddy yard but was going to put tow straps on the rear part of the axle area per instructions. But after checking closely it seems the locations the manual states to use has very small square box holes to loop any strap through. So my question is what is the proper tow straps to buy to be able to use for that rear wheel technique of wenching the car out assuming no tow truck cable wench is available too?

#2 ·
The manual shows hooks on the straps for the holes in the torque box for pulling from the front. Holes are 1 and a half inch diameter. I would think the same hooks would be used for pulling from the rear. The slots in the rear trailing arms are about 1 and one quarter inch by 3 inch. The trailing arms are visible thru the rear wheel opening in front of the rear tire. The straps don't have to go thru the openings in the trailing arms. The straps can wrap around the trailing arms. The manual is just trying to say avoid pulling on the transverse torque tube because the center is weak. Looks like any straps would wrap around the trailing arms. Manual also says pulling from the front is preferred. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.