2017 Cruise Control / Brake pedal issue
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Cruise Control / Brake pedal issue

What is your speed when you press Set or Resume? The Volt may have a minimum speed below which cruise control cannot be engaged or re-engaged.

I have adaptive cruise control (ACC) and it can be balky sometimes. First time using ACC on a given trip, to set the ACC the Volt must be traveling at least 25mph. If I brake and come to a complete stop usually I can press Resume and the Volt will re-engage the ACC from either a full stop or any speed even if the speed is lower than 25mph. Sometimes it takes a second attempt to Resume ACC while I am manually accelerating. I am not sure if this hesitation is time dependent or speed dependent. Sometimes I have had to turn off the ACC and turn it back on to reset. Usually the ACC works fine.
    Drive electrically and enjoy the difference!

jcanoe- Yeah the minimum speed to set cruise control is 25 mph.

All tests were done on speeds of 60 mph or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Joiner View Post

If you turn off cruise control (I believe this is the right button in the CC cluster) and then turn it back on can you then use the Set button to engage cruise control? Maybe it is a bad CC module.
    Drive electrically and enjoy the difference!

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM-Volt.com
    Advertisements

5. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jcanoe View Post
    If you turn off cruise control (I believe this is the right button in the CC cluster) and then turn it back on can you then use the Set button to engage cruise control? Maybe it is a bad CC module.
    Joinser said they had to use more pressure on the throttle to accelerate the car, which means it's not a Cruise Control issue. It sounds like the brake pedal is being held down a little.
    2016 Kinetic Blue LT

Unscheduled service visits: 4 Hidden Content
    Longest service visit: 2.5 weeks

JOINER, I didn't presume or assume anything. In your post you stated after tapping the brake you tried to turn on the cruise by hitting SET. I was just trying to be helpful and point out how the cruise would respond based on your input. Anyhow, I have a 2017 Premier with ACC and was happy to try it out on the highway today. I set the cruise at 65, tapped my brake pedal and then immediately tried to turn on the cruise (using both SET and RES) multiple times. In all cases my cruise reactivated without incident. Good luck getting yours repaired.

I hope the dealership has good news for me on Monday. It's the 5th time I've taken it to the dealership since i bought the car 12 days ago. I just want to drive my new car!

I hope the dealership has good news for me on Monday. It's the 5th time I've taken it to the dealership since i bought the car 12 days ago. I just want to drive my new car!
    You beat my record! I thought that'd be impossible to do.
    2016 Kinetic Blue LT

Unscheduled service visits: 4 Hidden Content
    Longest service visit: 2.5 weeks

Mine can set cruise at 24 mph (that is, it will maintain 24 mph). This was in L though going down hill through a residential area with a lot of twisty roads. I just his the minus "-" sign until it bottoms out at 24 mph and sure enough, speedometer reads 24 mph all the way down hill.
    2017 Kinetic Blue Volt, VIN #11955, built June 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by quirkySquirt View Post
    Mine can set cruise at 24 mph (that is, it will maintain 24 mph). This was in L though going down hill through a residential area with a lot of twisty roads. I just his the minus "-" sign until it bottoms out at 24 mph and sure enough, speedometer reads 24 mph all the way down hill.
    I'll have to check that out. I think it's supposed to be 25 MPH to "set" cruise control, maybe you can lower the speed to 24 with the controls after its already been set to 25 or above?

No word from the dealer yet. According to the Chevy app my car hasn't been moved yet.

12. Advertisement

Fighting Illini country surrounded by bean fields

Quote Originally Posted by quirkySquirt View Post
    Sometimes I wish I could set the cruise to be lower, much lower. I have a great pyranese that sometimes wanders off. With a GPS and cellphone in his collar, I can track him down, but sometimes I don't take the suburban and instead take the volt to go retrieve him. So getting him home means driving really slow with a leash out the driver's side window as he is too big to be in the hatch (plus the wife won't allow a smelly dog in the new car).
    LLninja (greenback troll #1)
    2013 Volt G1 white diamond tricoat

If I can get the guy in the mirror under control I can be skinny and rich.
    If you don't have the money, don't buy it. Debt is hazardous to your wealth
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by doctorq Hidden Content
    "what kind of mental problem do you have? you should really get yourself checked out, are you on any type of psychotropic medications?
    R:IQ $2.2M, at $1.7M proj $4.8M

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text