2017 Cruise Control / Brake pedal issue
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: 2017 Cruise Control / Brake pedal issue

The dealer called about an hour ago. The tech working on my car stated that on the forums he checks that some people are having a problem with a clicking noise on there brake pedal (mine isn't doing that, but it makes him think that some brake pedals are bad?). He drove the car with a reader attached and said that the car thought the brake was applied even when it wasn't pressed.

He ordered a new brake pedal and an engineer might be coming out from GM, and he couldn't give me a time frame of when it would be fixed. They have replaced a brake switch twice as well as some wire connecting to the ECM over the last 2 weeks.

I bought the car 2 weeks ago today, have had the car for not even 3 of those days, and the service department has driven my car much more than I have. Sucks. I can't wait to drive one of these beautiful machines and use mostly electric for my work commutes, but I just seem to be having a bit of bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by llninja View Post
    sometimes...getting [my great pyrenees] home means driving really slow with a leash out the driver's side window as he is too big to be in the hatch.
    That is quite the mental picture. Neat trick with the cellphone and GPS, though. Perfect for that size of dog.

Joiner, the only break-pedal sound issue I have is occasional squeaking like some lubrication is needed. It's very infrequent and doesn't really bother me. Certainly nothing like the click your tech mentioned. Glad to hear a GM engineer might be making a site visit. Maybe you can ask to meet with the engineer and let flow all your concerns.
    2017 Kinetic Blue Volt, VIN #11955, built June 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by quirkySquirt View Post
    Joiner, the only break-pedal sound issue I have is occasional squeaking like some lubrication is needed. It's very infrequent and doesn't really bother me. Certainly nothing like the click your tech mentioned. Glad to hear a GM engineer might be making a site visit. Maybe you can ask to meet with the engineer and let flow all your concerns.
    I really like that idea, I will definitely ask to meet him/her if they let me know in advance.

My saleswoman messaged me and told me that there's a meeting between the GM, Service manager, and herself on Wednesday morning regarding my car and will call me after its over. I hope I receive some good news.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM-Volt.com
    Advertisements

5. Advertisement

Fighting Illini country surrounded by bean fields

Quote Originally Posted by quirkySquirt View Post
    That is quite the mental picture. Neat trick with the cellphone and GPS, though. Perfect for that size of dog.

I didn't duct tape a cell phone to his collar, but there's a company named Whistle that makes this device (a previously known as Tagg). Check it out.
    LLninja (greenback troll #1)
    2013 Volt G1 white diamond tricoat

If I can get the guy in the mirror under control I can be skinny and rich.
    If you don't have the money, don't buy it. Debt is hazardous to your wealth
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by doctorq Hidden Content
    "what kind of mental problem do you have? you should really get yourself checked out, are you on any type of psychotropic medications?
    R:IQ $2.2M, at $1.7M proj $4.8M

Fighting Illini country surrounded by bean fields

Quote Originally Posted by Joiner View Post
    The dealer called about an hour ago. The tech working on my car stated that on the forums he checks that some people are having a problem with a clicking noise on there brake pedal (mine isn't doing that, but it makes him think that some brake pedals are bad?). He drove the car with a reader attached and said that the car thought the brake was applied even when it wasn't pressed.

He ordered a new brake pedal and an engineer might be coming out from GM, and he couldn't give me a time frame of when it would be fixed. They have replaced a brake switch twice as well as some wire connecting to the ECM over the last 2 weeks.

I bought the car 2 weeks ago today, have had the car for not even 3 of those days, and the service department has driven my car much more than I have. Sucks. I can't wait to drive one of these beautiful machines and use mostly electric for my work commutes, but I just seem to be having a bit of bad luck.
    I smell a lemon law return in the making.
    LLninja (greenback troll #1)
    2013 Volt G1 white diamond tricoat

If I can get the guy in the mirror under control I can be skinny and rich.
    If you don't have the money, don't buy it. Debt is hazardous to your wealth
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by doctorq Hidden Content
    "what kind of mental problem do you have? you should really get yourself checked out, are you on any type of psychotropic medications?
    R:IQ $2.2M, at $1.7M proj $4.8M

Default The conclusion

Hey guys just wanted to let you know that the car seems to be fixed and everything is awesome.

SUPER LONG STORY SHORT, after being in the shop for something like 15 days immediately after I bought it, a GM engineer came out and took a look. Apparently, when a new brake sensor is installed it needs to be pre-loaded. All the documents that the techs at the dealership had on the Volt stated the opposite, which is why my car kept having so many issues.

I'm so happy to finally be able to enjoy my new car, here's to no more issues the rest of this cars life!

I am having this same issue as is another person on a different thread. I'll find the link. My car was in the shop for five days while they scratched their heads. 2017 Premier with ACC and a loose brake pedal. I can actually use the adaptive cruise control if I wedge my foot up under the brake pedal and press the set button. Everything works fine until I remove my foot, the car quickly decelerates, and ACC deactivates with the message, "Adaptive cruise temporarily unavailable". I have also noticed the when the engine comes on for heat, the car would get lurchy. Putting my foot underneath and behind the brake pedal smoothed that out, too. Tiring on the ankle though (and unsafe). The car is back in the shop today, so they gave me a Camaro! I can see the gas tank needle drop as I drive.

I'll call them and mention the pre-loading of the brake sensor.

Edit: here's the post from the other user having this problem: http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread....45#post3864345

Please further define "preloading of the brake sensor." Is this a software thing or a spring thing?
    2011 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD LTZ Dually
    2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i
    2017 Chevrolet Volt Premier

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text