GM Volt Forum banner

Smart phone app for tow sharing

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Joe67 
#1 ·
Hi again friends! I've heard of this Uber thing for quite a while now, but I only recently got to use it. I installed the app on my phone and they gave me my first ride free and it was really cool. So I got to thinking about a really great idea.
What if there was an app for bigger trucks and large cars to tow our smaller volts? These trucks are going one Direction anyway .They could meet up with us and hitch us up and pull us for a certain period of time. Since they're going there anyway why not? Some of them just might do it for free, and others might have a predetermined price we could both agree on.
I'm not really tech savvy to invent this app but maybe some of you here want to take this idea and run with it? This could be the next really big social media idea and great for our mileage and the environment. What do you think?

#2 ·
OMG! Where to start.

They aren't pulling anything for free. I would charge anyways to cover insurance if it got injured in my care. Also, where is the driver of the car going to go?

#4 ·
I was mainly thinking about big rigs who might want to help out. They could just hook up your car and pull you however far up the road you're going or until they have to let you go. Five, 10, 20 miles doesn't matter. Every bit helps!
For me it seems a little bit safer than the drafting I like to do.
Of course cars and passenger trucks could also participate if they wanted to pull us.

#6 ·
Just put a strong electromagnet on the front of the car so it sticks to the back of trucks. That would work great. Use that roof-propeller idea to power the electromagnet, of course.

#7 ·
Ya know, it's thinking like GreenMonster that might yield the next Snuggie.

#10 ·
I was thinking some more about this idea. What if the company were called TOWZ
You could go to the app on your phone and negotiate a price or maybe a barter trade for something later? Them both parties could rate the transaction and maybe do a thumbs up or thumbs down just like on Facebook. I could be a whole social media meeting place for like-minded people!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.