GM Volt Forum banner

2016 ELR VIN decode with ACC

9K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  321251 
#1 ·
Hello folks. Wife and I have been looking for an ELR. We found a few 2014's and particular looked at ones with the 5th VIN being an "R". This way it has ACC without Kona leather.

Now we ran into a 2016 that is right down the street from us. From our understanding 2016 changed they way they have the 5th VIN listed. What I have read its either "L" for standard models, and "M" for performance.

It was much easier to decipher a 2014 but we are a lot more confused now with the newer ones. I have attached the build sheet (RPO) and would take any insight if this car has ACC or not? I can't ask the dealer because they are all dumb.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Silly question... If this ELR is right down the street from you, why not just test drive it to see if it has ACC?

Honestly, I thought that was standard on the ELR, but I don't know a lot about all their options.

#3 ·
If the grill emblem is plastic, it's probably ACC. At least that's the way it works with other GM cars (including 2014 ELR). The radar can't read through metal.

#5 · (Edited)
Okay, try this:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php

They claim they have complete build sheet information by VIN. The build sheet is supposed to say exactly what the vehicle is equipped with, i.e. more information than what the VIN by itself can provide.

I entered in that VIN of the ELR you're looking at and returned this teaser, of course you have to pay a couple bucks to get the full build sheet:

YES
A complete build sheet with original build information is available for that VIN!
That vehicle has 81 installed options returned in the build sheet.
It was built August 28, 2015 as a 2016 model year.
Alternatively, dealers are supposed to be able to produce these same build sheets if given a VIN, so maybe the selling dealer would do that for you.

EDIT:
Okay, I see you have the build sheet above, I did a quick look and didn't see ACC listed. SO then I did a search online and found the Order guide for a 2016 Cadillac ELR (link below). It seems you need the RPO Code "KSG" on the build sheet for it to have ACC.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/2016-Cadillac-ELR-Order-Guide.pdf

#6 ·
To determine if the car you are interested in has the "ACC" known on the cars build code as KSG,,,it can be found on the "Service Parts Indentification Details, known as SPID. a placard which is located in the trunk under the "Tire inflator" compartment lid. The codes are in alphabetical order,,,ask the dealer to look there and tell you if this car lists KSG.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.