GM Volt Forum banner

Is this a good deal (how would you even begin to figure it out?)

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  NevynPA 
#1 ·
Got this emailed to me from my local dealership(Canadian) this week.

Text Font

It certainly did not get me excited and in fact made me feel like this might just be a sucker attempt. What do you think?

No mention of rebates, the price of the trade in, if taxes are included, what fees might be extra and so on. I would like to see the math on this one!

See less See more
#2 ·
I just did a build and price online, the net price for a base LT is $29,998 after rebate. Seems like they might just be trying to get my 2013 Volt for about $1300.

#4 ·
lol, no kidding! I have asked for a breakdown. That should be interesting.

#6 ·
Could be real. Where I am the higher volume dealers are offering about $3.5K less than MSRP. Some Volts are eligible for a $1K discount. And then there is a $1K resident discount. This would get you fairly close to $29K on a base. Likely excludes taxes and fees, which would be standard.

However, these are US prices. I don't know anything about Canadian prices but I'd think they would be higher.

#7 ·
Ontario rebate included in cash price? Doesn't say so. If not they are giving you $13k for your old car and after ON rebate you're paying out about $17k. What about that 13% sales tax?
Unless you're dying to get rid of you're 4 year old car, trash the ad.

#8 ·
They're including the rebate in the price, but no mention of it in the fine print. Very sneaky.

#9 ·
There are dealers here in PA doing that too, and I've seen ads for some from Massachusetts doing it as well (300 mi radius search). They list the "price" as being mid-$20k's, but that INCLUDES the US federal $7500 and a bunch of other stuff. It makes me wish I could filter out certain dealers that practice that type of 'marketing.'

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.