It wasn't so much excitement, as it was the guy being damn good at his job, and capitializng on the fear of something "really friggen expensive" taking a dive on the car.

To be honest, and I'm sure I'm in a very tiny minority here, I don't even like the car. If it wasn't for the financial savings on gas, I never would have bought it in the first place. As it stands, even after accounting for interest on the loan, I'm still coming out $5K ahead in gas savings alone. I'm spending at least a couple hundred a month regardless. Now it just goes to my credit union instead of the oil companies, lol.

So for me, it was the fear of having something expensive fail in the car, wiping out my financial savings on the car. But then I thought about it, and realized that after buying these service plans, I was guaranteed to nearly wipe out the savings, as opposed to taking a gamble. Of course, I'm also gambling that gas prices won't go down either. If gas drops to, say, $1.50 again, there goes my saving on gas again, lol.

That said, I just cancelled both of the service contracts at the dealer, and frankly, I'm much more comfortable now.