How long is the wait on the Bolt ?
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4

Thread: How long is the wait on the Bolt ?

Quote Originally Posted by fernando View Post
    A premier with only infotainment package, driver confident package II, and fast charging is $43,510
    You are right, thanks for the correction.

Looks like Keyes has a bunch that fit the bill. Just checked plugshare and there is indeed no CCS DCFS in between Gilroy and Bridgeport on I-5 . So the Bolt can't easily make the trip back to SJ in one day. Unless maybe there is some high power J1772 AC along the way ?

101 has chargers, but would be much longer.

Anyway, we have to wait for our insurance company now and it will likely be another week before we know what kind of settlement we will get on the Prius.
    Last edited by madbrain; 6 Days Ago at 01:57 AM.

Wanted to chime in that Rick was very helpful to me when I went to lease my 2014 Volt. Despite the fact that I didn't purchase from him (I was in Florida at the time) - he answered a ton of my questions and has been a positive member of these forums for years.

Now that I'm in California, I'll be reaching out to him soon to buy a Bolt and possibly a used Volt.
    2014 Volt - Silver Ice, Prem Trim, Polished Almn Wheels, Nav, Bose Sound, Safety Pkg 1&2, All Weather Floor/Cargo Mats - 36 mo, 10k miles, 4k down

Insurance says our 2011 Prius IV is not totaled despite their $5142 repair estimate , 112,000 miles on it and multiple previous accidents (only body work). We will get a check for $4142. We found a mechanic to fix it for $2000 so we'll actually come up a couple thousands ahead. It'll be fixed by saturday.

I'm not sure if I want to buy the Bolt just yet. Probably not at MSRP at which it's currently selling. Maybe after a few months when there is more inventory and a bit more room to negotiate on price, once we figure out what our 2011 Prius would fetch.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by madbrain View Post
    Looks like Keyes has a bunch that fit the bill. Just checked plugshare and there is indeed no CCS DCFS in between Gilroy and Bridgeport on I-5 . So the Bolt can't easily make the trip back to SJ in one day. Unless maybe there is some high power J1772 AC along the way ?

101 has chargers, but would be much longer.
    Bridgeport? Keyes Chevy is in Van Nuys. According to Google Maps, the distance between Gilroy and Van Nuys is 297 miles on I-5 versus 327 miles on 101, so 30 miles longer. That distance can easily be covered with 1 or maybe 2 stops at 50 kW DC fast chargers on a single day's drive.
    The answer is 0042.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff N View Post
    Bridgeport? Keyes Chevy is in Van Nuys. According to Google Maps, the distance between Gilroy and Van Nuys is 297 miles on I-5 versus 327 miles on 101, so 30 miles longer. That distance can easily be covered with 1 or maybe 2 stops at 50 kW DC fast chargers on a single day's drive.
    Gilroy to Bakersfield via 152/I-5 is 210 miles. Considering the speeds along that stretch of I-5, I'd hesitate to do it in a Bolt EV. I was thinking there was a station in Santa Nella by the pea soup place. But looks like it is CHAdeMO only. (Tesla is there too...) So for the moment, it seems either 99 or 101 are the safely doable routes.
    2016 Premier - Red/brandy w/DC 1, 2, and Nav (built 10/15)
    Added: Sport pedals, Illum chg port, all weather mats, sill plates, Cruze spare tire...

I wonder if there are any Chevrolet dealers along I-5 that would allow you to use their chargers. Most likely just 40A though. :-/
    Current: 2016 Volt . . . . Previous: 2014 Volt (passed on to daughter)

Quote Originally Posted by good2go View Post
    I wonder if there are any Chevrolet dealers along I-5 that would allow you to use their chargers. Most likely just 40A though. :-/
    Between Santa Nella and the Grapevine, there is zippo. Nada. Really not much of anything else either - except for rest stops at Harris Ranch and Kettleman. (Note: Tesla has had charging at Harris Ranch since early Roadster days.) You'd really have to be on 99. In actuality, 99 is only a few additional miles over I-5. And you aren't compelled to do the usual 80+ mph to keep from getting eaten alive.
    Added: Sport pedals, Illum chg port, all weather mats, sill plates, Cruze spare tire...

Nuts! I wonder what's available in Visalia then. Fresno is probably better, but that's not allowing much to be conservative on the range.
    Current: 2016 Volt . . . . Previous: 2014 Volt (passed on to daughter)

Quote Originally Posted by good2go View Post
    Nuts! I wonder what's available in Visalia then. Fresno is probably better, but that's not allowing much to be conservative on the range.
    According to plugshare, one in Madera, a few in Fresno, one each in Selma, Visalia, Delano, and Bakersfield.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text