How long is the Bolt EV wait?
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 7 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 65

Thread: How long is the Bolt EV wait?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    236

    Default How long is the Bolt EV wait?

    My husband's 2011 Prius was in an accident and most likely is going to be declared total by the insurance company tomorrow. We weren't planning on replacing it for another 2 years but we're going to be forced to.
    If we order the Bolt, how long will it take ?

    We are in a non-urban area in the hills and can't live with just 1 car - does anyone know of a temporary car rental solution during the waiting period ? Would any dealer be able to assist with that ?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Check with Chevy dealers. Some may have allocations that were not pre-ordered or someone that pre-ordered may have backed out.

    It may be best to buy a beater car for now, knowing that you will only keep it for a short time.

    I would recommend calling Rydell in Northridge, CA. Rydell was selling for $1,000 of MSRP.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Fallston Md.
    Posts
    860

    Default

    Do some research, There may be a dealer close enough to you that has one in stock. There only so many configurations and options to choose from , you may be able to find one exactly like you want or very close. Good luck.
    2016 Heather Gray Metallic Volt LT
    Light Ash Leather, Comfort Package
    GU125068 Bought 11/23/2015
    Hidden Content
    2012 Blue Topaz
    C07798 Born 10/25/11.In service 11/7/2011
    Hidden Content
    Geo-Thermal Heat & A/C
    6.7 KW Grid-Tie Solar & Solar Reflective Roof

  4. Remove Advertisements
    GM-Volt.com
    Advertisements
     

  5.  

    Advertisement

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pinellas FL
    Posts
    3,398

    Default

    Rydell shows 14 in stock and about another 68 on the way. all with 1K off list price

    http://www.chevynorthridge.com/Vehic...&model=Bolt+EV

    Keys shows 12 in stock with another 69 on the way.

    http://www.keyeschevy.com/VehicleSea...&model=Bolt+EV

    These two dealer are the top dealers in the country, you won't find anywhere else to get you into a Bolt faster
    2013 Crystal Red Volt #39239 - New off the lot 8/28/2014
    Make Your Stock charger 240V for 30 bucks! Hidden Content

  7. #5
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    847

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madbrain View Post
    My husband's 2011 Prius was in an accident and most likely is going to be declared total by the insurance company tomorrow. We weren't planning on replacing it for another 2 years but we're going to be forced to.
    If we order the Bolt, how long will it take?
    Your location is noted as San Jose CA, which is not too far from Fremont, right? That dealer shows stock of 130, mostly in-transit but maybe one of those in-transit VINs would have the color/config you want?

    http://www.chevroletoffremont.com/Ve...&model=Bolt+EV
    2017 Bolt Premier Kinetic Blue/Dk Gray #33408 (Delivered Jan 2017) Hidden Content

    2016 Volt Premier Silver/Black #16693 (Delivered Oct 2015) Hidden Content

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Marion, IA USA
    Posts
    2,065

    Default

    GM doesn't pre-sell all their cars like Tesla, and since it is in a limited market for the first few months there shouldn't be much shortage. Should be able to snag one from a dealer, maybe call around. I don't imagine many will be on the lot before they are sold at this point, which is why I suggest calling. I would skip ordering one if you are in a hurry, as others said, not that many possible options so should be able to find the one you want.

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    United States - MD
    Posts
    6,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry_FL View Post
    Rydell shows 14 in stock and about another 68 on the way. all with 1K off list price

    http://www.chevynorthridge.com/Vehic...&model=Bolt+EV

    Keys shows 12 in stock with another 69 on the way.

    http://www.keyeschevy.com/VehicleSea...&model=Bolt+EV

    These two dealer are the top dealers in the country, you won't find anywhere else to get you into a Bolt faster
    STRONGLY recommend Rydell over Keyes. Ask Keyes for a $1k discount and see what happens. If you're lucky, they'll come back only $1k OVER MSRP.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    My Bolt EV blog: Hidden Content
    cleantechnica.com and electrek.co: you suck, don't link my stuff

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    South Bay of SoCal
    Posts
    3,237

    Default

    Check out Fremont and Capitol...As far as the other L.A. area dealers mentioned, AT BEST you may get $1K off MSRP, there's another L.A. dealer selling them at invoice, PM me if want that contact, but if I were you unless you were planning on coming to L.A. anyways I'd shop around your neck of the woods...
    Former MY17 LT w/ used homelink mirror owner
    Dear GM, thanks for offering ACC on the Volt, now let's give it 7.2kW charging & a garage door opener...

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Transporter Tube
    Posts
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bacardi View Post
    Check out Fremont and Capitol...As far as the other L.A. area dealers mentioned, AT BEST you may get $1K off MSRP, there's another L.A. dealer selling them at invoice, PM me if want that contact, but if I were you unless you were planning on coming to L.A. anyways I'd shop around your neck of the woods...
    Friend stopped at Capital last weekend. They ran lease numbers for him (has current Volt lease). They marked up the MF on him (0.00144) , added $520 in add-ons, had the wrong residual (57% at 36/10) and offered no discount on the Bolt. Lease was quoted at $569 including tax...
    __________________________________________________ ________

    2016 VW eGolf - electric Fahrvergnügen
    2016 BMW X5 40e - 1600 miles per fill up (gone)
    2014 Chevy Volt - 'Beano' (gone)
    2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet (gone)
    2012 Chevy Volt - 'White Thundervolt' (gone)

  12.  

    Advertisement

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    South Bay of SoCal
    Posts
    3,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charge View Post
    Friend stopped at Capital last weekend. They ran lease numbers for him (has current Volt lease). They marked up the MF on him (0.00144) , added $520 in add-ons, had the wrong residual (57% at 36/10) and offered no discount on the Bolt. Lease was quoted at $569 including tax...
    No bueno but stopping in is a rookie car buying mistake and an overly "eager" salesperson at any dealership is capable of trying to rip off someone...Best to do everything by email, tell them the MF and res and ask for the a screenshot picture of the itemized breakdown...From the Volt deals I've seen reported, Capital has had the second lowest (fremont was first) but you often have to deal with the internet or fleet dept from the beginning, not a random salesman...Search around here or lease deal sites for a specific POC...
    Former MY17 LT w/ used homelink mirror owner
    Dear GM, thanks for offering ACC on the Volt, now let's give it 7.2kW charging & a garage door opener...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 7 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Similar Threads

  1. About how long did you have to wait to receive plates in CA?
    By NeutralNovice in forum Generation 2 Volt (2016-2020)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-23-2015, 10:48 AM
  2. How long do I have to wait before selling the Volt to keep Tax Credits?
    By dreamsound in forum Buying, Leasing & Selling - Chevy Volt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-24-2014, 05:44 PM
  3. How long i need to wait?
    By jfm in forum Chevy Volt General Discussion, News, and Events
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-09-2014, 09:57 PM
  4. Long wait in Toronto...
    By Charged-Up in forum Generation 1 Volt (2011-2015)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-18-2011, 07:32 AM
  5. Did Moller wait too long?
    By Jason M. Hendler in forum Chevy Volt General Discussion, News, and Events
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-08-2009, 10:44 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts