How long is the Bolt EV wait?
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 7
Results 61 to 65 of 65

Thread: How long is the Bolt EV wait?

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    South Bay of SoCal
    Posts
    2,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madbrain View Post
    I'm in the 45% who didn't lease - and high annual mileage factored into that, the extra mileage cost adds up. Chevrolet not passing up the full $7500 federal tax credit for leases was another factor. With the new administration, I'm also not sure that the $7500 EV tax credit would still be available in 3 years upon lease expiration.
    I finally found a source, maximum allowable mileage is 25K/year...
    https://gmfinancial.cld.bz/GM-Financ...book/85#zoom=z
    Now how much it costs to get there is another matter but like anything it's compared to what, purchasing any new car and trying to sell it three years later with 75K could be extremely challenging and one could find there's zero demand for anyone to pay beyond the trade in value...If you're okay to drive a new car into the ground it's all good, I'm fine with leasing for the rest of my life assuming they're highly subsidized leases like the Volt/Spark EV...

    You have a point with the administration but it's quite possible the opposite will happen, that the EV adoption in the United States slows down thus allowing more EV enthusiasts is cash in on the tax credit...Then in four years the new administrations decides to renew the EV federal tax credit...
    Former MY17 LT w/ used homelink mirror owner
    Dear GM, thanks for offering ACC on the Volt, now let's give it 7.2kW charging & a garage door opener...

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bro1999 View Post
    STRONGLY recommend Rydell over Keyes. Ask Keyes for a $1k discount and see what happens. If you're lucky, they'll come back only $1k OVER MSRP.
    Can't agree more... Keyes packs the MSRP with about $2,000 in crap add on's. A deal at Keyes was about $2,500 off of their add on price. Went to Rydell Northridge (which is near my house) and picked out my new Volt LT that was listed at $5,500 off of MSRP.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bacardi View Post
    I finally found a source, maximum allowable mileage is 25K/year...
    https://gmfinancial.cld.bz/GM-Financ...book/85#zoom=z
    Now how much it costs to get there is another matter but like anything it's compared to what, purchasing any new car and trying to sell it three years later with 75K could be extremely challenging and one could find there's zero demand for anyone to pay beyond the trade in value...If you're okay to drive a new car into the ground it's all good, I'm fine with leasing for the rest of my life assuming they're highly subsidized leases like the Volt/Spark EV...
    Yes, the idea is to run the car into the ground. We don't need a new car every 3 years.

    You have a point with the administration but it's quite possible the opposite will happen, that the EV adoption in the United States slows down thus allowing more EV enthusiasts is cash in on the tax credit...Then in four years the new administrations decides to renew the EV federal tax credit...
    Nobody knows for sure what will happen, but I certainly don't see the federal incentives increasing, most likely they will decrease during this administration. I mean, look who is nominated for the EPA, look who is secretary of state. They are not going to do the right thing for EV drivers or the environment. And there is no one to stop them from repealing EV tax credits right now. It may not last 4 years though, hopefully in 2 years congress can change control, at least one half of it, but difficult to see both.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    GM-Volt.com
    Advertisements

  5. Advertisement

  6. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Strange, as my experience with Keyes has certainly been much different. Keyes gave me the best price on my new Bolt EV Premier, just like they did with my Volt a few years ago. All I know is that both times I purchased my cars through Keyes, their price beat everyone else hands down with no surprises or add on's.

    What I always do is try to find the best price at all other dealers for exactly the color, trim, and features I'm looking for, and then I call Rick at Keyes to see if he can possibly do better, and so far he's always come through with the lowest price, no hassle, and of course really friendly service. Both times, I was in and out of the dealer within 2 hours. That never seems to happen when I buy my cars from other dealers.

    And no, I'm not paid to say this or have any relationship with Keyes Chevy. I'm just a very satisfied customer. Twice now. So thank you Rick and to your friendly sales staff. It's only been a week, but so far I'm loving my new Red Cajon Bolt Premier.
    Attached Images

  7. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    South Bay of SoCal
    Posts
    2,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madbrain View Post
    Yes, the idea is to run the car into the ground. We don't need a new car every 3 years.
    Running a car into the ground is your idea...Someone else's idea could be more extreme than yours, that we don't NEED any cars ever, move closer to work and walk or bike to work...[/QUOTE]

    Quote Originally Posted by madbrain View Post
    Nobody knows for sure what will happen, but I certainly don't see the federal incentives increasing, most likely they will decrease during this administration. I mean, look who is nominated for the EPA, look who is secretary of state. They are not going to do the right thing for EV drivers or the environment. And there is no one to stop them from repealing EV tax credits right now. It may not last 4 years though, hopefully in 2 years congress can change control, at least one half of it, but difficult to see both.
    I don't see them INCREASING the credit, perhaps renewing it possibly at a lower amount and/or with conditions during the next administration...Trump can and would veto any sort of increase/renewal, yet decreasing/cancelling it would have tremendous consequences as it would upset Musk who's loved by most despite many on here not liking him...Musk is one of the few who has some level of influence over Trump...
    Former MY17 LT w/ used homelink mirror owner
    Dear GM, thanks for offering ACC on the Volt, now let's give it 7.2kW charging & a garage door opener...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 7

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Similar Threads

  1. About how long did you have to wait to receive plates in CA?
    By NeutralNovice in forum Generation 2 Volt (2016-2020)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-23-2015, 10:48 AM
  2. How long do I have to wait before selling the Volt to keep Tax Credits?
    By dreamsound in forum Buying, Leasing & Selling - Chevy Volt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-24-2014, 05:44 PM
  3. How long i need to wait?
    By jfm in forum Chevy Volt General Discussion, News, and Events
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-09-2014, 09:57 PM
  4. Long wait in Toronto...
    By Charged-Up in forum Generation 1 Volt (2011-2015)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-18-2011, 07:32 AM
  5. Did Moller wait too long?
    By Jason M. Hendler in forum Chevy Volt General Discussion, News, and Events
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-08-2009, 10:44 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts