Bolt Standard received on 12/31/16 - 1st review
Grab our Forum Feed

Thread: Bolt Standard received on 12/31/16 - 1st review

\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n \n
\r\n socalif\r\n \r\n
\r\n \n\r\n \nsocalif is offline\r\n\r\n \n\r\n \r\n \r\n Member\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n

\r\n Default Bolt Standard received on 12/31/16 - 1st review\r\n

\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n Received my Bolt on 12/31/16 which I would bet would make me one of the first few owners in CA, and so far the Bolt is a pretty good vehicle.
\r\n
\r\nAlthough, I would NOT recommend buying the standard version. Just upgrade to the Premier.
\r\n
\r\nThe standard version is quite standard, and if you are used to any luxuries, this IS NOT anything more than basic.
\r\n
\r\nBefore purchasing the car, we asked if it had NAV, he looked at the screen being large and said both versions include NAV. He also said both versions come with a top of the line stereo system. He said the ONLY differences between the standard and Premier is that the Premier has leather and a lot more safety features. (I know it should be the buyer\'s due diligence to check these things before leaving, but......a 10" screen with no Nav? Really?)
\r\n
\r\nSince the vehicle just came in that morning, and was getting cleaned to sell, we just got to sit in it and drive it in the parking lot. (no Nav needed, and just the radio on basically)
\r\n
\r\nNow that we have the car, tried to find Nav, and now they state that they never said that, and that the only Nav is Apple Play, which is a Far Cry from Nav with Traffic, which we have on all other vehicles. And the stereo really is pretty basic. Speakers are basic, and the sound is basic. As compared to my 2013 Cmax which came stock with a Sub, Nav, traffic, etc. The Bolt doesnt even come with rain sensing wipers! I put on 58,000 miles in 3 years on my CMax Energi, so comparing is easy. Another small strange shocker was to get home and assume there is HomeLink, and find out the Bolt doesnt offer it. Pretty easy Chevy item to add as a standard feature, but it isnt there!
\r\n
\r\nSo far, the mileage estimates seem quite close. Really good in city, and looks like getting about 190/200 at more than 50% use of the freeway. The sport mode is quite spry, which makes this vehicle actually a little fun to drive.
\r\n
\r\nComfort and roominess seems better than the Cmax, and the trunk is spacious compared to the Cmax, only smaller rear passenger area, but vehicle leaves a lot more room in the garage, which makes it easier to move around.
\r\n
\r\nThere does seem to be an issue when going from forward/reverse, to park, if the car isnt totally stopped for over a second, if you press Park, then let off on the brake pedal to quickly, the car jumps and makes a clunk noise, or has a few times for me already.
\r\n
\r\nSo buyer beware, and be armed with the knowledge that the Bolt\'s very high price for the Standard version, comes with very basic features, as compared to many other vehicles.\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n \n \n'; pd[3813170] = '\n\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #2\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Loboc\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n Loboc\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \n\r\n \n\r\nLoboc is online now\r\n \n\r\n \r\n \r\n Senior Member\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Why didja order a basic trim if ya wanted more? Seems kind of silly to complain about it.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    Driving a show car. Every day! Hidden Content
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n-' + '-' + '--' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '--' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '--' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '--' + '-' + '-
    \r\n2014 Crystal Red ELR (REDD) code R w/Cashmere interior
    \r\nL2 - GE WattStation
    \r\niOS 10.3.2 on iPhone 6. MyCadillac App version 3.6.0
    \r\nHidden Content
    \r\nHidden Content
    \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n \n \n'; pd[3813178] = '\n\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #3\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n turboguy327\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \n\r\n \nturboguy327 is offline\r\n\r\n \n\r\n \r\n \r\n Senior Member\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n It\'s kind of common sense that it wouldn\'t have nav if it\'s a base. And apple maps has traffic. Are you always taking different routes places that you really need traffic? And rain sensing wipers? Seriously?\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n \n \n'; pd[3814714] = '\n\n\r\n\r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n

Advertisement

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #4\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n jbakerjonathan\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \n\r\n \njbakerjonathan is offline\r\n\r\n \n\r\n \r\n \r\n Senior Member\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Quote Originally Posted by socalif\r\n View Post\r\n
    \r\n
    So buyer beware, and be armed with the knowledge that the Bolt\'s very high price for the Standard version, comes with very basic features, as compared to many other vehicles.
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \n From the carping that you are doing after the fact, it appears that you did not follow the advice you are now giving others. Sad.
    \r\n
    \r\nIt amazes me that anyone would spend upwards of $40,000 without having done the due diligence that would have shown all that you are now complaining about - after your purchase. I\'m embarrassed for you.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n \n \n'; pd[3814754] = '\n\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #5\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Loboc\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n Loboc\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \n\r\n \n\r\nLoboc is online now\r\n \n\r\n \r\n \r\n Senior Member\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n My ELR has everything \'missing\' from this Bolt build except 238mi range. (Leave off the 2, lol.)
    \n
    \n- rain sense wipers - check
    \n- homelink - check
    \n- NAV w/traffic - check
    \n- Bose - check
    \n- Leather (and power seats) - check
    \n- PRNDL on the floor - check (I hate the new GM shifter!)
    \n- ACC - check
    \n- Price. Well ok, ELR is a little higher than a Bolt, but, not by much. I paid $43k after incentives. New.
    \n
    \nELR has something else important to me that Bolt doesn\'t have: Long distance travel.
    \n
    \nIf my ELR dies, I\'ll get another one used. There is nothing out there yet that is better for me.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n \r\n Last edited by Loboc; 01-11-2017 at 01:30 PM.\r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    Driving a show car. Every day! Hidden Content
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n-' + '-' + '--' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '--' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '--' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '--' + '-' + '-
    \r\n2014 Crystal Red ELR (REDD) code R w/Cashmere interior
    \r\nL2 - GE WattStation
    \r\niOS 10.3.2 on iPhone 6. MyCadillac App version 3.6.0
    \r\nHidden Content
    \r\nHidden Content
    \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n \n \n'; pd[3814770] = '\n\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #6\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n bro1999\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \n\r\n \nbro1999 is offline\r\n\r\n \n\r\n \r\n \r\n Senior Member\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Quote Originally Posted by jbakerjonathan\r\n View Post\r\n
    \r\n
    From the carping that you are doing after the fact, it appears that you did not follow the advice you are now giving others. Sad.
    \n
    \nIt amazes me that anyone would spend upwards of $40,000 without having done the due diligence that would have shown all that you are now complaining about - after your purchase. I\'m embarrassed for you.
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \n+1
    \n
    \nNo one to blame but himself. Buying $25 in stuff at Walgreens and you don\'t notice the bagger missed bagging your condoms? That\'s one thing.
    \nNot confirming the FORTY THOUSAND DOLLAR CAR you just bought is to spec? Simply irresponsible.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
    Hidden Content
    \r\nHidden Content
    \r\nMy Bolt EV blog: Hidden Content
    \r\ncleantechnica.com and electrek.co: you suck, don\'t link my stuff
    \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n \n \n'; pd[3815810] = '\n\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #7\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n Kraven\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \n\r\n \n\r\nKraven is online now\r\n \n\r\n \r\n \r\n Senior Member\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Quote Originally Posted by bro1999\r\n View Post\r\n
    \r\n
    +1
    \r\n
    \r\nNo one to blame but himself. Buying $25 in stuff at Walgreens and you don\'t notice the bagger missed bagging your condoms? That\'s one thing.
    \r\nNot confirming the FORTY THOUSAND DOLLAR CAR you just bought is to spec? Simply irresponsible.
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \nWalking out of Walgreens without your condoms could potentially lead to a situation costing much, much more than $40K over the ensuing 20 year period. Bro, apply the same diligence in Walgreens as you do with your car transactions and stay responsible out there... \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n \n \n'; pd[3816786] = '\n\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #8\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n socalif\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \n\r\n \nsocalif is offline\r\n\r\n \n\r\n \r\n \r\n Member\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Thus the reason for a lease and not a purchase, only so many years to have to put up with things that are missing, and to have the option to move to a better equipped car within 3 years, a car I will list and individually check for each and every wanted option, and to NEVER believe what a salesman says..... LOL\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n \n \n'; pd[3816778] = '\n\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #9\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n socalif\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Quote Originally Posted by jbakerjonathan\r\n View Post\r\n
    \r\n
    From the carping that you are doing after the fact, it appears that you did not follow the advice you are now giving others. Sad.
    \r\n
    \r\nIt amazes me that anyone would spend upwards of $40,000 without having done the due diligence that would have shown all that you are now complaining about - after your purchase. I\'m embarrassed for you.
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \nI am embarrassed that I believed what I was told, and for being in a rush to complete a purchase on that day, and being embarrassed listening to a GM employee state all Bolts have nav while stating it has such the largest screen to date that GM has put in a car. Embarrassed that it sounded logical with such a large screen, and the salesman\'s words that I didnt flip screen by screen to look for the nav while in the parking lot detail area.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n \n \n'; pd[3817514] = '\n\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n

Advertisement

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #10\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n jbakerjonathan\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \n\r\n \njbakerjonathan is offline\r\n\r\n \n\r\n \r\n \r\n Senior Member\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    I am embarrassed that I believed what I was told, and for being in a rush to complete a purchase on that day, and being embarrassed listening to a GM employee state all Bolts have nav while stating it has such the largest screen to date that GM has put in a car. Embarrassed that it sounded logical with such a large screen, and the salesman\'s words that I didnt flip screen by screen to look for the nav while in the parking lot detail area.
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \n While you didn\'t mention it, I assume that you are also embarrassed that you didn\'t read the Munroney sticker to discover the lack of NAV, or that you didn\'t read the specifications before going out shopping for a car:
    \n
    \nhttp://www.chevrolet.com/bolt-ev-ele...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
    \n
    \nMy point, if you\'ve missed it, is that you don\'t get to complain about things that you discover lacking in a car that you should have known before spending nearly $40,000 on the car, because you didn\'t do due diligence. The fault was yours, not GM\'s. Of course, the car salesman giving you erroneous information is wrong and not excusable. But, absolving yourself - casting all blame elsewhere other than on yourself - is what I am reacting to. That aside, it sucks to discover something lacking in a car that you thought was there. It\'s like opening up the hood of an ICE car and discovering a four-cylinder engine rather than the supercharged V-8 you were expecting to see.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n \n \n'; pd[3817522] = '\n\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #11\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Steverino\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n Steverino\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \n\r\n \nSteverino is offline\r\n\r\n \n\r\n \r\n \r\n Moderator\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    embarrassed listening to a GM employee state all Bolts have nav while stating it has such the largest screen to date that GM has put in a car.
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \nTo be clear, the person who misinformed you was not a GM employee any more than a WalMart store sales clerk is a Sony employee.
    \n
    \nThe sales rep is employed by a dealership, an independent business not owned by GM. And franchise laws make it very to hard almost impossible for GM to "fire" a dealer. And a he said/he said like this would not stand a chance because regrettably you are presumably of sound mind yet took zero prudent steps to verify anything, even though given at least 3 opportunities to do so.
    \n
    \nSorry for the car dealer life lesson but it\'s time to chalk it up to experience and move on. The good(?) news is no one else is getting Nav or Homelink either. Time to use your phone for the center screen nav function as intended and use the garage door remote clipped to your visor.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n \r\n Last edited by Steverino; 01-12-2017 at 04:43 PM.\r\n \r\n \r\n
    2011 Cyber Gray, Std Wheels, Black Leather/White Console, Bose, Nav, Htd Seats, Park Assist. Picked up May 2011
    \nB3320
    \nBest All Electric Miles: 54.2
    \nLifetime: 85,558 miles, 125 MPG, Remaining Oil Life 38%
    \nTypical Commute: 60 miles
    \n30 day Stats: 966 miles, 108
    MPG, 62% Electric, 38% gas, Saved 33 gal., 31 kW-hr/100 miles
    \nHidden Content Free Volt Manual here: Hidden Content
    \n
    \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n \n \n'; pd[3817530] = '\n\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #12\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n Geohec\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \n\r\n \nGeohec is offline\r\n\r\n \n\r\n \r\n \r\n Senior Member\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    I am embarrassed that I believed what I was told, and for being in a rush to complete a purchase on that day, and being embarrassed listening to a GM employee state all Bolts have nav while stating it has such the largest screen to date that GM has put in a car. Embarrassed that it sounded logical with such a large screen, and the salesman\'s words that I didnt flip screen by screen to look for the nav while in the parking lot detail area.
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \nAs i stated earlier in the thread (http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread....82#post3813282) a good work aroud might be trying out Android Auto and google maps. If you like it, then plug in a $30 android phone and use a hotspot on your iphone for $5/mo for maps. Your iphone could be used via bluetooth for phone calls. Try out a friends Android phone and check it out. Many forum members on G2 forum prefer the AA to built in NAV.
    \n
    \nhttp://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread....My-Experiences)\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
    Hidden Content - BLK interior - Driver 1& 2 confidence pkg - Hidden Content
    \r\nL2 Charger - Hidden Content - Hidden Content
    \r\nHidden Content
    \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n \n \n'; pd[3818666] = '\n\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #13\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n Geohec\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \n\r\n \nGeohec is offline\r\n\r\n \n\r\n \r\n \r\n Senior Member\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Quote Originally Posted by Geohec\r\n View Post\r\n
    \r\n
    As i stated earlier in the thread (http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread....82#post3813282) a good work aroud might be trying out Android Auto and google maps. If you like it, then plug in a $30 android phone and use a hotspot on your iphone for $5/mo for maps. Your iphone could be used via bluetooth for phone calls. Try out a friends Android phone and check it out. Many forum members on G2 forum prefer the AA to built in NAV.
    \n
    \nhttp://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread....My-Experiences)
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \nThought i read this was possible with G2 volt but just verified that i cant have Android phone plugged in using AA and iphone on bluetooth for calls at the same time. Sorry about that. I thought I\'d read that on a G2 Volt forum but must have been based on a guess not fact. Oh well. Try to enjoy your new ride.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\nHidden Content
    \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n \n \n'; pd[3813194] = '\n\n\r\n\r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n

Advertisement

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #14\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n bro1999\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \n\r\n \nbro1999 is offline\r\n\r\n \n\r\n \r\n \r\n Senior Member\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Next cheapest 200 mile BEV is $70k btw. \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n \n \n'; pd[3813258] = '\n\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #15\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n garyg\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \n\r\n \ngaryg is offline\r\n\r\n \n\r\n \r\n \r\n Senior Member\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Also it looks like 3rd party aftermarket rain sensing kits are easy to install and not very expensive.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n \n \n'; pd[3813274] = '\n\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #16\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n jeff_h\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n jeff_h\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \n\r\n \njeff_h is offline\r\n\r\n \n\r\n \r\n \r\n Senior Member\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n I have looked through the order guide and also all over the build & price on Chevy\'s site, don\'t recall seeing navigation listed.
    \n
    \nI have navigation on my 2016 Volt and let the XM traffic expire and just use carplay with apple maps and the nav/traffic have worked fine for me - so it\'s no big deal to me that my 2017 Bolt won\'t have built-in nav.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
    2017 Bolt Premier Kinetic Blue/Dk Gray #33408 (Delivered Jan 2017) Hidden Content
    \r\n
    \r\n2016 Volt Premier Silver/Black #16693 (Delivered Oct 2015) Hidden Content
    \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n \n \n'; pd[3814178] = '\n\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #17\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Tomt\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n Tomt\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \n\r\n \nTomt is offline\r\n\r\n \n\r\n \r\n \r\n Senior Member\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Yep, Android Auto with Pandora is so good that I, too, let my XM expire. And no, the Bolt does not have Nav available at any level...
    \n
    \n\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Quote Originally Posted by jeff_h\r\n View Post\r\n
    \r\n
    I have navigation on my 2016 Volt and let the XM traffic expire and just use carplay with apple maps and the nav/traffic have worked fine for me - so it\'s no big deal to me that my 2017 Bolt won\'t have built-in nav.
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
    2017 Heather Grey Premier with all options except ACC and Ambient. Leased 3/5/2016 to replace my leased 2011 Leaf SL-e. 25,000 miles as of 06/15/2017. Tesla Model 3 reserved.
    \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n \n \n'; pd[3814298] = '\n\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #18\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n Bacardi\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \n\r\n \nBacardi is offline\r\n\r\n \n\r\n \r\n \r\n Senior Member\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Of all the Bolt EV\'s features/options omissions, rain sensing wipers are at the very the bottom and as stated a car audio shop can install that feature often very affordably...Same with an universal homelink remote and while a little more pricey, could have the audio shop wire up an amp with new speakers...You have Nav options, many report the Volt\'s Nav STINKS, personally I\'ve been in many cars and in super congested L.A. no OEM system has outperformed google maps/Waze (Apple has greatly improved in L.A. but still not to google/Waze\'s level)...
    \n
    \nWish list should include items that cannot be added, personally I\'ll bet that DCFC and C2 (specifically auto braking) will be made standard on all trims for the mid cycle refresh...Also would love some sort of automation whether that\'s ACC, super cruise or something else but I\'ll bet unless there\'s some sort of breakthrough, private parties won\'t be able to buy one with the Gen1 Bolt EV...\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
    Former MY17 LT w/ used homelink mirror owner
    \r\nDear GM, thanks for offering ACC on the Volt, now let\'s give it 7.2kW charging & a garage door opener...
    \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n \n \n'; pd[3813266] = '\n\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #19\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n ClarksonCote\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n ClarksonCote\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \n\r\n \nClarksonCote is offline\r\n\r\n \n\r\n \r\n \r\n Moderator\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n I\'m pretty sure NO Bolt trim has Nav. I think the reasoning is that Apple Car Play and Android Auto give Nav and traffic capabilities with up to date maps and traffic without the need for subscriptions and updates.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
    Hidden Content - Provide backup power to essential appliances.
    \r\nHidden Content - Keep yourself from getting unplugged!
    \r\nHidden Content - Keep yourself from getting unplugged!
    \r\n
    \r\nJoin thE REVolution
    \r\n2011 Volt #186, VIN: B-00186, Cyber Gray Metallic - TRADED! 28k miles, 9k engine, 120MPG
    \r\n2013 Volt #43404, Blue Topaz Metallic
    \r\n
    \r\nDriving for FREE with Solar PV!
    \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n \n \n'; pd[3815258] = '\n\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n

Advertisement

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #20\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n khalfyard\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n khalfyard\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \n\r\n \nkhalfyard is offline\r\n\r\n \n\r\n \r\n \r\n Senior Member\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Quote Originally Posted by ClarksonCote\r\n View Post\r\n
    \r\n
    I\'m pretty sure NO Bolt trim has Nav. I think the reasoning is that Apple Car Play and Android Auto give Nav and traffic capabilities with up to date maps and traffic without the need for subscriptions and updates.
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \nExactly. I\'m guessing that 99-100% of potential BOLT purchasers owns a smart phone (and >95% of that group probably runs one of Andriod or iOS.) The question is, why would anyone pay the potential $700 premium for a Nav system. Even if you were \'roaming with your phone\' on road trips, $700 buys an awful lot of data.
    \n
    \nEven on the Gen2 VOLT it was an option, one I happily did not include in the Vehicle build!\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n \r\n Last edited by khalfyard; 01-11-2017 at 03:47 PM.\r\n \r\n \r\n
    2017 Volt, Heather Grey Metallic, Premier Trim, with no extras, Michelin Energy Saver Tires
    \r\n2012 Nissan Leaf, Silver, SL Trim, Pirelli Cinturato P7 Tires
    \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n \n \n'; pd[3813282] = '\n\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #21\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n Geohec\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Sorry to hear you didn\'t get what you wanted. Trusting sales people is always tricky.
    \n
    \nTo late for you but maybe other reading might use these two items to help make sure that they get what they want. The chevy configurator webiste that lets you build what you want and has info bubbles for questions.
    \nhttp://chevrolet.com/bolt-ev-electri...-your-own.html
    \n
    \nAnd if people need to more info then ther is also the ordering guide
    \nhttps://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/
    \n
    \nAs for the NAV, you might try out android auto and see if you think its better. Maybe a friend can let you borrow their android phone for a short drive. A lot of people on the G2 Volt forum prefer android auto with google maps to apple maps. If you like it, you could do a hotspot on your iphone and buy a $30 android phone for AA, then use bluetooth on chevy mylink for your phone calls and google maps with your $30 android.
    \n
    \nAs for homelink, the G2 volt forum has a thread by teksavy where you can add homelink to your car if your handy, but you\'d have to tap into some power near your Onstar overhead console.
    \n
    \nGood luck and try to enjoy yiur new ride.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\nHidden Content
    \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n \n \n'; pd[3813298] = '\n\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #22\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n viking79\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \n\r\n \nviking79 is offline\r\n\r\n \n\r\n \r\n \r\n Senior Member\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Everyone\'s tastes are a little different, but I am unsure of what other vehicle in the price class has a 10" touch screen that works with Android Auto and Apple Car play. I much prefer Google Maps to built in Nav. Honestly, the Bolt EV has the features I want, but would probably get a loaded Premier for leather and cameras and rear heated seats and such. Honestly, I don\'t really see anything missing from spec sheet for me, even the base model has some nice features like HID lights.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n \r\n Last edited by viking79; 01-10-2017 at 08:35 PM.\r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n \n \n'; pd[3813330] = '\n\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #23\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n fernando\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \n\r\n \nfernando is offline\r\n\r\n \n\r\n \r\n \r\n Member\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n I was also very surprised NAV isn\'t even an option especially since it does have a GPS antenna which is used to determine location based charging. I don\'t like using maps on my phone all the time, I sometimes prefer the in-car nav so I completely get what you\'re saying. Wireless apple car play would have been a nice option.
    \n
    \nHowever, I am shocked about the garage link, not even the premium trim has this option? I wouldn\'t have even thought to look to see if it has a garage door opener, especially at the $43,500 MSRP price I am looking at. Plus, most people will charge inside their garage.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n \r\n Last edited by fernando; 01-10-2017 at 09:04 PM.\r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n \n \n'; pd[3813354] = '\n\n\r\n\r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n

Advertisement

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #24\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n Kraven\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \n\r\n \n\r\nKraven is online now\r\n \n\r\n \r\n \r\n Senior Member\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Before my Volt, my cars have had HomeLink for 15+ years. I bought a nice transmitter, 3 buttons that clips on the visor (or you can use the one that came with your garage door if you can find it) for $25 on Amazon, programmed it in 30 seconds and have not missed HomeLink one bit. I thought I would miss it, knew the Volt didn\'t have it when I bought it, but I don\'t. Obviously everyone is entitled to their opinions, for me it\'s a non-issue.
    \n
    \nAlso, if you\'d like to hide the transmitter just put some velcro on it, stick it up and under the center console and that will work as well.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
    2nd Gen Volt, Build Date 8/16
    \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n \n \n'; pd[3814410] = '\n\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #25\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n MIKECELI\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \n\r\n \nMIKECELI is offline\r\n\r\n \n\r\n \r\n \r\n Senior Member\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n We love the Onstar in our 2104 VOLT and 2016 Cruze. I can\'t imagine why one needs Nav, w/ Onstar? As far as auto wipers, really? Is it so arduous to switch them to delay?\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
    GOD Bless America!
    \r\n
    \r\n2014 VOLT Black/Pebble Leather, Pac 1, Premium trim
    \r\n2016 Chevrolet CRUZE LT
    \r\n
    \r\n2- 1996 Chevrolet Impala SS\'s
    \r\n
    \r\n1995 Buick Roadmaster sedan
    \r\n1988 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
    \r\n2000 Ford Excursion 4x4 Diesel
    \r\n1979 Pontiac "Bandit" Trans Am
    \r\n1986 Ford F250 4x4 6.9 Diesel
    \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n \n \n'; pd[3819858] = '\n\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #26\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n socalif\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Yes everybody, I do accept the "end" responsibility of the items missing. BUT I have never had an issue with a salesman stating features are there, and them not being there afterwards. But like everyone else, I have had sales people make incorrect statements, but for one, this was this dealerships Finance Manager, all sales people were busy, or not in yet.
    \r\n
    \r\nWas it a deal killer? Obviously not, and I got what I deserved/inspected. (or didnt inspect) So I will enjoy the vehicle I have, and deal with it.
    \r\n
    \r\nMy main goal is to make anyone else aware, that the obvious and the little things you would expect, and what appears to be the norm, just isnt there and so no one else has to experience my mistakes.
    \r\n
    \r\nApplemaps just isnt a Nav system, although it may be more updated, but can you zoom in and out or change the view from a moving screen to a static flat north/south looking screen like you can on Nav? Not that I have figured out. One level of zoom and one mode of viewing is all I have been able to see. (not how I have used nav for 10 years) So not used to it yet.
    \r\n
    \r\nHomelink is a lot better than carrying around a remote which can be easily taken out/stolen, Homelink not so much. And for $40g\'s, a $100 Homelink preinstalled would be a good GM fix, for those who use it.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n \n \n'; pd[3819938] = '\n\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #27\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n fernando\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \n\r\n \nfernando is offline\r\n\r\n \n\r\n \r\n \r\n Member\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n I for one am thankful you mentioned this.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n \n \n'; // next/previous post info pn[3813106] = "3820162,3813170"; pn[0] = ",3813106"; pn[3813170] = "3813106,3813178"; pn[3813178] = "3813170,3814714"; pn[3814714] = "3813178,3814754"; pn[3814754] = "3814714,3814770"; pn[3814770] = "3814754,3815810"; pn[3815810] = "3814770,3816786"; pn[3816786] = "3815810,3816778"; pn[3816778] = "3816786,3817514"; pn[3817514] = "3816778,3817522"; pn[3817522] = "3817514,3817530"; pn[3817530] = "3817522,3818666"; pn[3818666] = "3817530,3813194"; pn[3813194] = "3818666,3813258"; pn[3813258] = "3813194,3813274"; pn[3813274] = "3813258,3814178"; pn[3814178] = "3813274,3814298"; pn[3814298] = "3814178,3814330"; pn[3814330] = "3814298,3814370"; pn[3814370] = "3814330,3813266"; pn[3813266] = "3814370,3815258"; pn[3815258] = "3813266,3813282"; pn[3813282] = "3815258,3813298"; pn[3813298] = "3813282,3813330"; pn[3813330] = "3813298,3813354"; pn[3813354] = "3813330,3813394"; pn[3813394] = "3813354,3814410"; pn[3814410] = "3813394,3819858"; pn[3819858] = "3814410,3819938"; pn[3819938] = "3819858,3820162"; pn[3820162] = "3819938,3813106"; // cached usernames pu[0] = guestphrase; pu[219346] = "socalif"; pu[3438] = "Loboc"; pu[196274] = "turboguy327"; pu[13918] = "bro1999"; pu[14633] = "garyg"; pu[4309] = "ClarksonCote"; pu[129737] = "jeff_h"; pu[138730] = "Geohec"; pu[89138] = "viking79"; pu[59570] = "fernando"; pu[208265] = "Kraven"; pu[11689] = "BAZINGA"; pu[12907] = "Ladogaboy"; pu[125489] = "Tomt"; pu[138514] = "Bacardi"; pu[6511] = "stuart22"; pu[5344] = "SolarExec"; pu[23833] = "MIKECELI"; pu[8806] = "Steverino"; pu[53362] = "Qinsp"; pu[2049] = "jbakerjonathan"; pu[195474] = "khalfyard"; pu[41241] = "flyingsherpa"; pu[103042] = "wws"; pu[214737] = "devbolt"; pu[7467] = "Cari"; // -->

Threaded View

Default Bolt Standard received on 12/31/16 - 1st review

Received my Bolt on 12/31/16 which I would bet would make me one of the first few owners in CA, and so far the Bolt is a pretty good vehicle.

Although, I would NOT recommend buying the standard version. Just upgrade to the Premier.

The standard version is quite standard, and if you are used to any luxuries, this IS NOT anything more than basic.

Before purchasing the car, we asked if it had NAV, he looked at the screen being large and said both versions include NAV. He also said both versions come with a top of the line stereo system. He said the ONLY differences between the standard and Premier is that the Premier has leather and a lot more safety features. (I know it should be the buyer's due diligence to check these things before leaving, but......a 10" screen with no Nav? Really?)

Since the vehicle just came in that morning, and was getting cleaned to sell, we just got to sit in it and drive it in the parking lot. (no Nav needed, and just the radio on basically)

Now that we have the car, tried to find Nav, and now they state that they never said that, and that the only Nav is Apple Play, which is a Far Cry from Nav with Traffic, which we have on all other vehicles. And the stereo really is pretty basic. Speakers are basic, and the sound is basic. As compared to my 2013 Cmax which came stock with a Sub, Nav, traffic, etc. The Bolt doesnt even come with rain sensing wipers! I put on 58,000 miles in 3 years on my CMax Energi, so comparing is easy. Another small strange shocker was to get home and assume there is HomeLink, and find out the Bolt doesnt offer it. Pretty easy Chevy item to add as a standard feature, but it isnt there!

So far, the mileage estimates seem quite close. Really good in city, and looks like getting about 190/200 at more than 50% use of the freeway. The sport mode is quite spry, which makes this vehicle actually a little fun to drive.

Comfort and roominess seems better than the Cmax, and the trunk is spacious compared to the Cmax, only smaller rear passenger area, but vehicle leaves a lot more room in the garage, which makes it easier to move around.

There does seem to be an issue when going from forward/reverse, to park, if the car isnt totally stopped for over a second, if you press Park, then let off on the brake pedal to quickly, the car jumps and makes a clunk noise, or has a few times for me already.

So buyer beware, and be armed with the knowledge that the Bolt's very high price for the Standard version, comes with very basic features, as compared to many other vehicles.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
      Increase Size
    • Remove Text Formatting
    • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
    • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text