Bolt Standard received on 12/31/16 - 1st review
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bolt Standard received on 12/31/16 - 1st review

Hybrid View

Default Bolt Standard received on 12/31/16 - 1st review

Received my Bolt on 12/31/16 which I would bet would make me one of the first few owners in CA, and so far the Bolt is a pretty good vehicle.

Although, I would NOT recommend buying the standard version. Just upgrade to the Premier.

The standard version is quite standard, and if you are used to any luxuries, this IS NOT anything more than basic.

Before purchasing the car, we asked if it had NAV, he looked at the screen being large and said both versions include NAV. He also said both versions come with a top of the line stereo system. He said the ONLY differences between the standard and Premier is that the Premier has leather and a lot more safety features. (I know it should be the buyer's due diligence to check these things before leaving, but......a 10" screen with no Nav? Really?)

Since the vehicle just came in that morning, and was getting cleaned to sell, we just got to sit in it and drive it in the parking lot. (no Nav needed, and just the radio on basically)

Now that we have the car, tried to find Nav, and now they state that they never said that, and that the only Nav is Apple Play, which is a Far Cry from Nav with Traffic, which we have on all other vehicles. And the stereo really is pretty basic. Speakers are basic, and the sound is basic. As compared to my 2013 Cmax which came stock with a Sub, Nav, traffic, etc. The Bolt doesnt even come with rain sensing wipers! I put on 58,000 miles in 3 years on my CMax Energi, so comparing is easy. Another small strange shocker was to get home and assume there is HomeLink, and find out the Bolt doesnt offer it. Pretty easy Chevy item to add as a standard feature, but it isnt there!

So far, the mileage estimates seem quite close. Really good in city, and looks like getting about 190/200 at more than 50% use of the freeway. The sport mode is quite spry, which makes this vehicle actually a little fun to drive.

Comfort and roominess seems better than the Cmax, and the trunk is spacious compared to the Cmax, only smaller rear passenger area, but vehicle leaves a lot more room in the garage, which makes it easier to move around.

There does seem to be an issue when going from forward/reverse, to park, if the car isnt totally stopped for over a second, if you press Park, then let off on the brake pedal to quickly, the car jumps and makes a clunk noise, or has a few times for me already.

So buyer beware, and be armed with the knowledge that the Bolt's very high price for the Standard version, comes with very basic features, as compared to many other vehicles.

Why didja order a basic trim if ya wanted more? Seems kind of silly to complain about it.
    Driving a show car. Every day!

Don't Pokemon and drive!

------------------------
    2014 Crystal Red ELR (REDD) code R w/Cashmere interior
    L2 - GE WattStation
    iOS 10.2 on iPhone 6. MyCadillac App version 3.4.0
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

It's kind of common sense that it wouldn't have nav if it's a base. And apple maps has traffic. Are you always taking different routes places that you really need traffic? And rain sensing wipers? Seriously?

4. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by socalif View Post
    So buyer beware, and be armed with the knowledge that the Bolt's very high price for the Standard version, comes with very basic features, as compared to many other vehicles.
    From the carping that you are doing after the fact, it appears that you did not follow the advice you are now giving others. Sad.

It amazes me that anyone would spend upwards of $40,000 without having done the due diligence that would have shown all that you are now complaining about - after your purchase. I'm embarrassed for you.

My ELR has everything 'missing' from this Bolt build except 238mi range. (Leave off the 2, lol.)

- rain sense wipers - check
    - homelink - check
    - NAV w/traffic - check
    - Bose - check
    - Leather (and power seats) - check
    - PRNDL on the floor - check (I hate the new GM shifter!)
    - ACC - check
    - Price. Well ok, ELR is a little higher than a Bolt, but, not by much. I paid $43k after incentives. New.

ELR has something else important to me that Bolt doesn't have: Long distance travel.

If my ELR dies, I'll get another one used. There is nothing out there yet that is better for me.
    Last edited by Loboc; 6 Days Ago at 02:30 PM.
    Driving a show car. Every day!

Don't Pokemon and drive!

------------------------
    2014 Crystal Red ELR (REDD) code R w/Cashmere interior
    L2 - GE WattStation
    iOS 10.2 on iPhone 6. MyCadillac App version 3.4.0
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by jbakerjonathan View Post
    From the carping that you are doing after the fact, it appears that you did not follow the advice you are now giving others. Sad.

It amazes me that anyone would spend upwards of $40,000 without having done the due diligence that would have shown all that you are now complaining about - after your purchase. I'm embarrassed for you.
    +1

No one to blame but himself. Buying $25 in stuff at Walgreens and you don't notice the bagger missed bagging your condoms? That's one thing.
    Not confirming the FORTY THOUSAND DOLLAR CAR you just bought is to spec? Simply irresponsible.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    My Bolt EV blog: Hidden Content
    cleantechnica.com and electrek.co: you suck, don't link my stuff

Quote Originally Posted by bro1999 View Post
    +1

No one to blame but himself. Buying $25 in stuff at Walgreens and you don't notice the bagger missed bagging your condoms? That's one thing.
    Not confirming the FORTY THOUSAND DOLLAR CAR you just bought is to spec? Simply irresponsible.
    Walking out of Walgreens without your condoms could potentially lead to a situation costing much, much more than $40K over the ensuing 20 year period. Bro, apply the same diligence in Walgreens as you do with your car transactions and stay responsible out there...

Thus the reason for a lease and not a purchase, only so many years to have to put up with things that are missing, and to have the option to move to a better equipped car within 3 years, a car I will list and individually check for each and every wanted option, and to NEVER believe what a salesman says..... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jbakerjonathan View Post

I am embarrassed that I believed what I was told, and for being in a rush to complete a purchase on that day, and being embarrassed listening to a GM employee state all Bolts have nav while stating it has such the largest screen to date that GM has put in a car. Embarrassed that it sounded logical with such a large screen, and the salesman's words that I didnt flip screen by screen to look for the nav while in the parking lot detail area.

11. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by socalif View Post
    I am embarrassed that I believed what I was told, and for being in a rush to complete a purchase on that day, and being embarrassed listening to a GM employee state all Bolts have nav while stating it has such the largest screen to date that GM has put in a car. Embarrassed that it sounded logical with such a large screen, and the salesman's words that I didnt flip screen by screen to look for the nav while in the parking lot detail area.
    While you didn't mention it, I assume that you are also embarrassed that you didn't read the Munroney sticker to discover the lack of NAV, or that you didn't read the specifications before going out shopping for a car:

http://www.chevrolet.com/bolt-ev-ele...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

My point, if you've missed it, is that you don't get to complain about things that you discover lacking in a car that you should have known before spending nearly $40,000 on the car, because you didn't do due diligence. The fault was yours, not GM's. Of course, the car salesman giving you erroneous information is wrong and not excusable. But, absolving yourself - casting all blame elsewhere other than on yourself - is what I am reacting to. That aside, it sucks to discover something lacking in a car that you thought was there. It's like opening up the hood of an ICE car and discovering a four-cylinder engine rather than the supercharged V-8 you were expecting to see.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text