Plugless Power
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Plugless Power

Wasn't the price $1250 before or am I remembering wrong? I see it's now $2699.

Quote Originally Posted by 2015 volt View Post
    ii researched plugless power and I found that you have to take your volt to your chevy dealer to have them attach some required equipment behind the charging port,and a box attached underneath the ice compartment so when you drive over the plate in your carport or garage,your volt can be charged by wifi
    also you lose some power as charging it is only using 3.3 kwh
    a clipper creek L2 unit is half as expensive,and more functional,not to mention more bang for your buck
    It's not even necessarily a Chevy dealer. In my case it was some hole in the wall terrible "hybrid shop"

Quote Originally Posted by Norton View Post
    wifi???

And a conventional EVSE is way, way less expensive than "half". And as efficient as it gets.
    yes, all plugless L2 chargers use wifi to charge your volt or tesla
    you have to go to your dealer to get additional equipment installed in your engine compartment so the charger will work with your car.
    a volt only charges at 3.3 kwh over a wifi unit, tesla's and chevy bolt's have a different charge rate
    2015 Volt premium/ gloss black clearcoat

safety packages 1 & 2

jetblack leather interior /ceramic white accents

optional sport alloy rims w/black painted insert's

4. Advertisement

No, it is not WiFi, it is electromagnetic induction.

Quote Originally Posted by 2015 volt View Post
    yes, all plugless L2 chargers use wifi to charge your volt or tesla
    2017 Heather Grey Premier with all options except ACC and Ambient. Leased 3/5/2016 to replace my leased 2011 Leaf SL-e. 16,500 miles as of 12/24/16. Tesla Model 3 reserved.

Since this system bypass the usual charging way,,,could we see in close future INCREASE in KWH CHARGE, through plugless ?. I imagine the electricity will go directly to the main battery, so a 6 to 40 KWH charge would be a possibility, finally charging our Volts in a fraction of time.(assuming they use same cables used for regeneration while driving).
    Last edited by volt spain; 1 Week Ago at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by volt spain View Post
    Since this system bypass the usual charging way,,,could we see in close future INCREASE in KWH CHARGE, through plugless ?. I imagine the electricity will go directly to the main battery, so a 6 to 40 KWH charge would be a possibility, finally charging our Volts in a fraction of time.(assuming they use same cables used for regeneration while driving).
    The Plugless system only eliminates the plug. It still delivers the 240 vac to the charger in the Volt. Thus, the max charge rate is unchanged.

Default Plugless Power

Quote Originally Posted by bentbiker View Post
    Wasn't the price $1250 before or am I remembering wrong? I see it's now $2699.
    Your not wrong. $1250 was the Gen 1 price in April 2016. They also ran a Spring special that month that took an additional $300 off that price. I locked in at the $950 price before I bought my CPO 2013 premier ( I hadn't taken the test drive yet, but was scheduled at a dealer). It was the end of the month and the sale price was ending before my test drive. I talked with the Rep at plugless and told her the situation. She told me I could place the order and they would hold the order with a CC number (not charging it) until I contacted them with the out come of my test drive. After I took my test drive and committed to buying the car. I contacted plugless and gave them the go ahead with the plugless purchase. Only after I placed the plugless order did I find out I was on a waiting list with a 2 month backlog. I didn't mind because it gave me the time to figure out the electric installation at my home. At about the time I was scheduled to receive my unit. I was contacted by Eric B. Customer rep. He told me they were having production delays that were taking longer to work through than they had planned for. He Said, I was number 2 inline for the next unit deliveries. I didn't mind, because I was not ready for it on my end. An additional 2 months went by with email status updates every few weeks with progress reports. After 4 months from the order date, I finally got the email I had been waiting for. It's Ready to Ship!
    At that time, Eric made the arrangements at the Nearest vehicle adapter installer to me which was an hour drive. The installer was a one man shop. He (Eric), same name as the plugless Rep, was a very fast paced worker. I sat in a Waiting area while he did the installation. He took the time to show me how the system was well made and Plug n play. He told me that the folks at plugless were excellent to work with when he had any technical installation questions. The adapter install took about 4 hours in total ( about 45 minutes of that was spent fixing a snapped stud in the car. He told me that might happen based on previous installations he had done. He can thank midwest salt roads for that one.

Anyway it still took me an additional month before I was ready on my end with the electrical circuit work finished in my garage. I've been happily Charging On! The past 4 months.

One other thing I'm taking advantage of is a fed tax credit extension = to 30% of EVSE equipment purchase price. That's an additional $285 off of the $950. Bringing my cost down to $665.

That makes me a Very Happy Plugless owner.

I checked out the latest plugless pricing and was shocked to see the $1,419.00 price hike. They are also marketing the product differently than before. It's now being marketed as a PREMIUM Charging system. With a Premium price. I love my system, but if I were faced with that price point. There is no way I could justify it, yes I can afford it. So Yeah, it's Cool and convenient, but not $2669 cool and convenient.

Here's hoping future customers will be offered a significant Spring special discount.

For those that have a problem with the energy efficiency loss. I waste way more money on my monthly cable, internet, and cell phone bill. I'm not worrying about the cost of a cup of Starbucks in Efficiency loss. Plus I don't deplete the battery every day during normal usage.

Most of the time I'm partial charging.

Dennis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DMC5180; 6 Days Ago at 09:47 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text