“Propulsion Power is Reduced” DTC P0A7F PIC6203 Customer Satisfaction Campaign #16055
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1 4 14

Thread: “Propulsion Power is Reduced” DTC P0A7F PIC6203 Customer Satisfaction Campaign #16055

Camera module needs replacing, waiting for it to come in. Hopefully fixed tomorrow.
    2017 Bolt Summit White Premier
    2012 Volt White Diamond Tricoat , sold, but not forgotten
    2016 Volt Summit White

Had the Propulsion recall and the front camera freezing up issue recall as well completed on our 2016 Volt on Thursday 012617. Yesterday I took if for a drive. Early morning I went to the dentist on electric, 23 mile, drive as normal. Went home charged up fully. Went fishing for steelhead down the coast via Highway 101 to Tillamook Oregon. No luck, but good exercise. Returned home of course at sea level where I left. Total miles for the day 148, 62.5 on the gas engine. Gas used, 1.16 gal. MPG on gas 53.87. Weather was 49-57 degrees, warmest its been all month, and dry roads as well, no rain.

Highway driving through several small towns along the way, speeds varied from 25 -35 through towns and up to 60 mph on the highway. Elevation varied from sea level at our house to 500 feet or so. I was alone in the car with all my gear, ice box etc.

I can't say for sure but the update may have increased the mpg on the gas engine. Also the trip down to the river where I fished was accomplished with 63.4 miles on electric that ended well above sea level as well.

So this sure looks promising. Considering winter blended gas with 10% ethanol, 87 regular Costco gas, as well. Gas mpg places this in the Prius range as well. Infact the last fill up on our 2010 Prius was about 45 mpg. Our Prius is really affected by winter temps obviously more so than the Volt. Summer the Prius is 55+ mpg on gas.

Maybe it just me but the last time I obtained gas mpg in our Volt like this was in the summer, with 70+ temps, summer formulated gas,and on highway 101 with so many tourist speeds on the highway averaged 40-50 mph when out of the local towns heavy traffic.

Probably this trip in the summer electric range would have been 70 miles and pushing 60 mpg on gas.

I believe some forum members also have noticed an increase in mpg when on gas engine propulsion....
    Last edited by alfon; 01-28-2017 at 08:43 AM.

3. Default

I lost L2 charge capability after #16055. Longer post/details waiting on moderator for new thread.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM-Volt.com
    Advertisements

Advertisement

I have a 2017 Volt purchased in late Dec. We took a three day weekend to drive to South Padre Island from Austin (380 miles each way). On the way back, two or three hours from home I got the "Propulsion Power is Reduced" error with the yellow check engine light on. This wasn't too long after I filled up the tank. Maybe I didn't tighten the Fuel Tank cap properly? It was one slight click, so maybe a good hard 2nd click was required? Onstar and I both checked; there are no outstanding recalls for my Volt. So the problem seems different from the topic of this thread.

At the time of the error, we were driving 78-80mph with temperatures in the low 90's. I accidentally cleared the error message before reading it, but the yellow check engine light was on, and at the same time, the adaptive cruise control temporarily disengaged a couple of times. I slowed down a bit to the mid 70's, and the car seemed fine. We arrived home without incident around 6pm and I plugged in to recharge. Starting yesterday evening the "Propulsion Power is Reduced" error message comes back on every time I power up, even though all mileage since has been EV. Onstar also emailed me about "an issue with the emissions system". So I'm taking the car in tomorrow morning.

Other than that, driving was good; the beach and the birds were great. We got 40mpg on the way there, and 36.7mpg on the way home averaging 38.5mpg over all of our gas miles. We also manage to get 190 miles of EV driving over the 3 day weekend by charging up whenever parked at the Hilton where we stayed. We were driving a little faster on the way home, then on the way there. The combination of heat and speed messed and then the check engine light all may have reduced the fuel economy. I rarely use the ICE, but on a previous short road trip going 65-70mph in mild weather I got 43-44mpg.
    Last edited by Sheldon; 05-15-2017 at 11:40 PM.
    Hidden Content 2017 Volt Premier Pepperdust metallic Jet Black/Brandy w/pkg I & II, AAC; Clipper Creek LCS-20

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    I have a 2017 Volt purchased in late Dec. We took a three day weekend to drive to South Padre Island from Austin (380 miles each way). On the way back, two or three hours from home I got the "Propulsion Power is Reduced" error with the yellow check engine light on. This wasn't too long after I filled up the tank. Maybe I didn't tighten the Fuel Tank cap properly? It was one slight click, so maybe a good hard 2nd click was required? Onstar and I both checked; there are no outstanding recalls for my Volt. So the problem seems different from the topic of this thread.

At the time of the error, we were driving 78-80mph with temperatures in the low 90's. I accidentally cleared the error message before reading it, but the yellow check engine light was on, and at the same time, the adaptive cruise control temporarily disengaged a couple of times. I slowed down a bit to the mid 70's, and the car seemed fine. We arrived home without incident around 6pm and I plugged in to recharge. Starting yesterday evening the "Propulsion Power is Reduced" error message comes back on every time I power up, even though all mileage since has been EV. Onstar also emailed me about "an issue with the emissions system". So I'm taking the car in tomorrow morning.

Other than that, driving was good; the beach and the birds were great. We got 40mpg on the way there, and 36.7mpg on the way home averaging 38.5mpg over all of our gas miles. We also manage to get 190 miles of EV driving over the 3 day weekend by charging up whenever parked at the Hilton where we stayed. We were driving a little faster on the way home, then on the way there. The combination of heat and speed messed and then the check engine light all may have reduced the fuel economy. I rarely use the ICE, but on a previous short road trip going 65-70mph in mild weather I got 43-44mpg.
    The Propulsion Power Reduced fix is not a recall but a customer satisfaction campaign. Take it to the dealer with the campaign number in this thread and they will fix it for you.
    2013 Volt Silver Topaz Metallic [Blue]
    2013 Volt Cyber Gray Metallic [Gray]

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    2013 No Cabin Heat? Perform a forum search on: PIC5796 PIC5943 PIC5855
    2013 Losing Miles? Perform a forum search for the following: PIC6138
    Hidden Content
    Issues contact a Volt Advisor 877-486-5846

Quote Originally Posted by 2VoltFamily View Post
    The Propulsion Power Reduced fix is not a recall but a customer satisfaction campaign. Take it to the dealer with the campaign number in this thread and they will fix it for you.
    Onstar required me to take it in within 7 days; since this morning its at the dealership. They're replacing the Hybrid Powertrain Control Module. "Putting a new PCM and it's currently programming. Once that's done we would just have to verify that fixed the issue."

I don't know if that's the same as this issue or not. I thought the newer 2017's (bought mine in late Dec) already had this applied.
    Last edited by Sheldon; 05-16-2017 at 04:36 PM.
    Hidden Content 2017 Volt Premier Pepperdust metallic Jet Black/Brandy w/pkg I & II, AAC; Clipper Creek LCS-20

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1 4 14

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text