“Propulsion Power is Reduced” DTC P0A7F PIC6203 Customer Satisfaction Campaign #16055
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst 1 3 13

Thread: “Propulsion Power is Reduced” DTC P0A7F PIC6203 Customer Satisfaction Campaign #16055

Quote Originally Posted by TSquare View Post
    Hmmmm. When it is really cold here, I leave it in Eco, and the power indicator shows that it is still using FULL power 8 Kw to generate heat. And I get hot air from the vents. Having said that, in Eco, the system will cut back on power much quicker than it does when in Max. But Eco can/will use just as much power as the Max setting does, but for a shorter amount of time.
    I'll try to test it tonight with a digital thermometer to record air temp. Just coming home from the dealership picking the car up I had to engage HOLD to get the engine to run AND have it on MAX and HI to get what I would consider 80% as hot air as the Chevy Colorado loaner that I returned. Did recirculating to see if that helps and I had windows fogging within about two minutes... but it's 4F out right now...

Just had a few recalls done today. Also got my free oil change since I was at 23K miles and a tire rotation.
    • Reduced Propulsion Power #16055
    • Engine Not Available #27660
    • Manual Front Seat Track Lockset # 38240
    • Engine Misfire #32340

As others reported, the regen paddle smoothed out a bunch. Much nicer.

When I got back, I had to set up my home based charging again and delayed start time. AA was not affected and no other obvious changes.
    Last edited by Geohec; 3 Days Ago at 12:35 AM.
    Hidden Content - BLK interior - Driver 1& 2 confidence pkg - Hidden Content
    L2 Charger - Hidden Content - Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by quirkySquirt View Post
    Just got mine done today. Other than the previously mentioned settings resetting (e.g., ERDTT, charge alerts, etc.), I noticed the miles driven and energy consumed were reset to zero while the battery meter on the DIC was still 8/10 bars full. Sure enough, as I was driving around, my ICE came on at 12 kWh used (drove 35 miles on electric). I'm hoping after a full charge it'll be right back at ~14 kWh again.

I want to say the backfire issue on ICE (HOLD or charge depleted) was solved since I didn't hear it today and the ambient temps were 42F today (warmer). However, I doubt it and will keep an ear out for the backfire to return when it gets warmer. I think Arcanox's theory about incomplete combustion is spot on.
    Forgot to mention, the range did return back to ~14 kWh after a full discharge/recharge cycle. Seems I'm the only one thus far that had this non-issue.
    Gen 2 Volt, VIN #11955, built June 2016.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by quirkySquirt View Post
    Forgot to mention, the range did return back to ~14 kWh after a full discharge/recharge cycle. Seems I'm the only one thus far that had this non-issue.
    My guessometer, bars remaining and kW used seemed a little off when i arrived home last night from the delearship but forgot to mention it in my post above. Thanks for the follow up. Glad to hear all is back on track.
    Hidden Content - BLK interior - Driver 1& 2 confidence pkg - Hidden Content
    L2 Charger - Hidden Content - Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst 1 3 13

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text