“Propulsion Power is Reduced” DTC P0A7F PIC6203 Customer Satisfaction Campaign #16055
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 12 13 LastLast

Thread: “Propulsion Power is Reduced” DTC P0A7F PIC6203 Customer Satisfaction Campaign #16055

Oh nice... I'm his first update and when I checked with the service department for the status he replied back "it's acting weird". I reply saying "that's not good" and he said "no, no it's not..."

Apparently it's throwing codes that the 12 Volt battery is dead or too low drained. He's letting it run for a few minutes to see if it'll clear the codes... which kinda worries me considering we're having 0F to 20F temps lately. If there is a phantom drain or anything I certainly don't want to be stuck somewhere....

Oh, update! He just walked by going to the parts department and mumbled something about blowing a "very special fuse". Apparently there is a TSB out for it on all gen 2 Volts so they won't pull the fuse from the other Volt on the lot. I'm down and out until at least Wednesday while they get the part in. They won't give me the other Volt as a loaner... no Caddys either... a f*cking Cruze as my loaner... and of course I'm responsible for a full tank of gas too... on my free recall service. I highly suggest everyone HOLDS off on this recall until Chevy issues a recall for this fuse. Or at least more people have completed it.

Also, predicted up to 6 or 7 inches of snow by Wednesday and my nice Blizzaks are on the Volt... Chevy Cruze has all seasons. Crossing fingers I don't get stuck somewhere or slide into something. At this point I'm so pissed at this dealership I'm fighting tooth and nail if I do get stuck and need a tow. No way I'm paying that... also no way I'm paying for that gas.

TSB Reference
    #PIC-6182-A

And

TSB Reference
    #PIC-6200
    Last edited by acarney; 1 Week Ago at 02:19 PM.

Final update: Thankfully I know a sales guy that works at the dealership (we used to work together years ago before he left to work at the dealership) I went over and explained to him what happened and said I knew it wasn't his problem (unfortunately I didn't even buy the car from him since I didn't know he was still at this dealership!) and asked if he could just chat to his manager and see what they could do.

They swapped the Cruze out for their Colorado courtesy shuttle since it was 4 wheel drive and we have snow coming. I also work somewhere that doesn't get a lot of traffic and the roads always suck when it snows. Still all seasons which don't give me confidence when stopping at a stop sign with polished glazed snow and ice from last weeks storm... but I probably won't get stuck. He still said they couldn't do anything about the gas but he was willing to use his PERSONAL gas card to make it right... it's letter time to GM, their sales guys shouldn't have to pay for stuff like this...

Got the update but still have the chuggle.

Advertisement

Default “Propulsion Power is Reduced” DTC P0A7F PIC6203 Customer Satisfaction Campaign #16055

My17 Volt had service and update for ERDTT today. I noticed that my Volt mileage improved big time than before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Define "big time". Also, did you drive the same route with very similar weather and HVAC settings?
    Gen 2 Volt, VIN #11955, built June 2016.

Can't report back on any range changes or heating codes since my Volt is STILL at the dealership from my Saturday failed updated. Kinda hoping they didn't brick a module when the fuse went...

Default “Propulsion Power is Reduced” DTC P0A7F PIC6203 Customer Satisfaction Campaign #16055

Quote Originally Posted by quirkySquirt View Post
    Define "big time". Also, did you drive the same route with very similar weather and HVAC settings?
    Yes I work for Amazon deliveries and I usually receive between 51-72 MPGe and the weather is varies freezing and cold.

Today I will test at 100% full battery and see any difference and will report it after I finish my work today. Promise

Here screenshot

Before
    IMG_0208.jpg

After serviced

IMG_0211.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by chrootz; 5 Days Ago at 07:11 AM.

I got a "Propulsion Power is Reduced" message last night, and within minutes car died on the road and had to be towed to the dealer. Have been driving the car less than a month and it has under 600 miles on it. Waiting to hear from dealer.

Final (hopefully) update: Just now got a call that my recall is complete and the 15A fuse has been replaced. Almost exactly one week from when I dropped it off for the "about one hour" update. He also checked all the computer modules and all software updates have been applied. With the heat he explained how there is an eco button on the HAVC controls and advised when it's really cold NOT to use eco and instead I'll get hot air....

So ya, Volt is updated and the electric revolution brings with it weak heating, I kinda figured as much since we don't have little controlled explosions helping to heat up the car. I'll still try to gather some data points on the air temperature coming out of the heater vents at different settings, especially since we have another artic blast coming down with single digit temperatures.

Now do I take an hour off work to go pick it up tonight... or run over there tomorrow and get it... hmmm

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by acarney View Post
    With the heat he explained how there is an eco button on the HAVC controls and advised when it's really cold NOT to use eco and instead I'll get hot air....
    Hmmmm. When it is really cold here, I leave it in Eco, and the power indicator shows that it is still using FULL power 8 Kw to generate heat. And I get hot air from the vents. Having said that, in Eco, the system will cut back on power much quicker than it does when in Max. But Eco can/will use just as much power as the Max setting does, but for a shorter amount of time.
    2017 Premium Siren Red - H 0157 - Hidden Content Born 2/01/16 - Delivered 2/27/2016 Hidden Content
    2013 Crystal Red - D 2516 - Delivered 10/16/2012 .... Returned to Ally 11/07/2015
    U235 Powered

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 12 13 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text