“Propulsion Power is Reduced” DTC P0A7F PIC6203 Customer Satisfaction Campaign #16055
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 11 14 LastLast

Thread: “Propulsion Power is Reduced” DTC P0A7F PIC6203 Customer Satisfaction Campaign #16055

Default “Propulsion Power is Reduced” DTC P0A7F PIC6203 Customer Satisfaction Campaign #16055

Just got this message on my.chevrolet.com

GM Program #:
    N162048200
    Date Issued:
    Oct 06, 2016
    Program Title:

Reduced Propulsion Power

Program Description:

Certain 2016 and 2017 model year Chevrolet Volt vehicles, equipped with an automatic transmission (RPO MKV), may exhibit a condition where the driver notices a “Propulsion Power is Reduced” message in the driver information center. This condition is sometimes accompanied by the diagnostic trouble code P0A7F or a significant decrease in actual electric vehicle range. The driver may also notice the engine running at consistently higher power than normal to propel the vehicle and acceleration is slower than expected.

Repair Description:

Dealers are to reprogram the hybrid powertrain control module 2.

Funny enough I had my 17 at the dealer in order to fix an annoying wind sound past 35mph(which they were unable to fix as it only occurs occasionally ugh) but according to the service guy as the campaign just started that day they were unable to apply it to my car...I guess i'll go to another dealership in a couple of weeks to apply this fix and to see if they can fix the wind noise.

Anyway, has anyone had the above happen to them?
    Last edited by WopOnTour; 12-06-2016 at 02:46 PM.

There is a new recall 16055 that just came out today, had to program 4 in stock cars already. The wind noise I have not come across yet.
    Not just a volt tech, also a volt owner.

2015 Volt

Quote Originally Posted by bakedpatato View Post
    Just got this message on my.chevrolet.com
    Funny enough I had my 17 at the dealer in order to fix an annoying wind sound past 35mph(which they were unable to fix as it only occurs occasionally ugh) but according to the service guy as the campaign just started that day they were unable to apply it to my car...I guess i'll go to another dealership in a couple of weeks to apply this fix and to see if they can fix the wind noise.

Anyway, has anyone had the above happen to them?
    Quote Originally Posted by mpmoore1979 View Post
    There is a new recall 16055 that just came out today, had to program 4 in stock cars already. The wind noise I have not come across yet.
    Since May there's been an engineering bulletin PIC6203 on this issue, intermittently affecting SOME Gen2 Volts.
    Specifically a “Propulsion Power is Reduced” message possibly combined with the DTC P0A7F

However it appears they have finally identified the root cause was an HPCM2 software issue and have issued an update via a Customer Satisfaction Campaign 16055

It appears notification has been initiated on the MyChevrolet app, as well emails/letters informing affected owners has commenced but since it was only released on Dec 5, they may not have reached out to everyone just yet.
    Some dealers may even be proactive and either email or even call owners of affected cars in which they have sold.

If you wish to know if this campaign 16055 applies to your Gen2 Volt you can call your dealer or Volt advisors at (877) 486-5846 with your VIN and they can check it in the Global Warranty system.

WopOnTour
    Last edited by WopOnTour; 12-06-2016 at 05:26 PM.
    Welcome Hidden Content as our latest forum vendor!

Follow the Chevy Volt and other GM electrified cars on Twitter! Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM-Volt.com
    Advertisements

Advertisement

I'm trying to decide if I want to have this done tomorrow or not. I haven't gotten to drive my car for over 2 weeks because of the HV battery issue that affected me, and I'm not sure how long the recall will take. I'd really like to have my car back...
    2016 Kinetic Blue LT

Unscheduled service visits: 4 Hidden Content
    Longest service visit: 2.5 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanox View Post
    I'm trying to decide if I want to have this done tomorrow or not. I haven't gotten to drive my car for over 2 weeks because of the HV battery issue that affected me, and I'm not sure how long the recall will take. I'd really like to have my car back...
    Reprogramming HPCM2 will only take about 1/2 an hour once the car is actually in the service bay and the critical connections made.
    WOT

Quote Originally Posted by WopOnTour View Post
    Reprogramming HPCM2 will only take about 1/2 an hour once the car is actually in the service bay and the critical connections made.
    WOT
    The dealer is supposed to call me to give me an exact ETA tomorrow around noon (after the part they're waiting on should get in) so I'll ask if they can do the recall then. That way it'll already be in the service bay.
    2016 Kinetic Blue LT

Unscheduled service visits: 4 Hidden Content
    Longest service visit: 2.5 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by WopOnTour View Post
    Since May there's been an engineering bulletin PIC6203 on this issue, intermittently affecting SOME Gen2 Volts.
    Specifically a “Propulsion Power is Reduced” message possibly combined with the DTC P0A7F

However it appears they have finally identified the root cause was an HPCM2 software issue and have issued an update via a Customer Satisfaction Campaign 16055

It appears letters informing affecting owners of this campaign WILL be sent out but since it was only released on Dec 5, they may not have reached out to everyone just yet. Some dealers may be proactive and email or call owners of cars in which they have sold.

If you wish to know if this campaign 16055 applies to your Gen2 Volt you can call your dealer or Volt advisors at (877) 486-5846 with your VIN and they can check it in the Global Warranty system.

WopOnTour
    Thanks for the info. It is actually coming up in the MyChevrolet app. I'll call and make an appointment with my dearlership.

Best,
    Rick
    2016 Volt LT Summit White
    Manufacture Date: 10/2015

Thanks WOT for the background! I guess I'll have to get this done sometime....it doesn't sound like it'll take too long which is nice.
    2017 Volt,Premier, Summit White w/ACC and Nav Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by rcuz View Post
    Thanks for the info. It is actually coming up in the MyChevrolet app. I'll call and make an appointment with my dearlership.

Best,
    Rick
    Right. But since not all owners use the app there will be a sort of "blast" occurring including emails, dealer phone calls, and even letters via snail mail.

These are normal actions when updates like this have been initiated by a "Customer Satisfaction Campaign"

WOT

Advertisement

So this fix takes care of the dreaded "shift to park" failure? Great!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    My Bolt EV blog: Hidden Content
    cleantechnica.com and electrek.co: you suck, don't link my stuff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 11 14 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text