2012 unofficial hold mode mod
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 3 7 LastLast

Thread: 2012 unofficial hold mode mod

I am still testing Hold mode from an app I made. Screen shot of the hold mode app which I will be releasing next month in Feb as a beta on the play store.
    Screenshot_2017-01-09-21-36-30-1.jpg
    Follow me on Instagram Hidden Content

Does your app’s ability to recharge the battery via the ICE account for the glitch in the 2011/2012 Volt’s programming that counts distances driven on Mountain Mode-recharged power as Electric Miles, not as Gas Miles? I note, too, the kWh Used number on 2012 and later Volts represents net grid power consumption, so driving a 2012 Volt on MM-recharged power increases electric miles without increasing kWh Used (the number does not change until you return to using grid power).

Most people don’t use MM just to recharge the battery without plugging into the grid, so the glitch doesn’t have a large impact on most 2011/2012 Volts’ statistics. Most electric and gas miles are properly recorded, producing accurate lifetime total miles / total ev miles breakdowns, ev%, and MPGcs numbers.

If your app enables 2011/2012 Volt owners to recharge the battery via the ICE without accounting for this "MM glitch," will they see their lifetime MPGcs drop significantly and their ev% go up (by counting gas miles as electric miles)? Will 2012 owners be able to recharge via your app and then drive electric miles without any change to the kWh Used number?

this might benefit owners of later models too, as it is a significantly different operation profile.
    I'd like to try it on my late 2012
    '12 Holden, (Australian) Gen 1 Volt [#110451]talks too much
    Silver Ice Metallic, Black Leather/White Console, Bose, Nav, Heated Seats, Rear Cam, Park Assist, Safety 1 & 2, Dark tint.
    Purchased June '15 @ 12444km, 1.8l/100km.

Best All Electric km: 103km (61 miles, did it twice)
    Lifetime: ~39000 km, now average 0.7 l/100km, (300mpg)

+ '88 Skyline Ti turbo

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM-Volt.com
    Advertisements

5. Advertisement

OP - TAKE MY MONEY!!! when are you putting it up in the android app store? I'm holding my breath here This would be super useful here up north for those of us with 2012s and below.

What you are describing sounds like the very cold battery frozen behavior.

Car sounds like a pure cvt car in the battery not available mode.

Key is to log long term gas mpg in this mode, when I have encountered it you have very poor city mpgs.

Brian's still working out the little details.

I made MyVoltHold app open to anyone who wants to be a Alpha tester here is the link. It is still a bit buggy but I am working on not using OBD requests and monitor the bus which will lead to app being soley reliant on OBDlink hardware. Elm327 just does not have enough features or is fast enough. Use scantool.net OBDlink MX for full compatibility.

https://play.google.com/apps/testing...app.MyVoltHold

What does it actually do (both how it works, and what functionality)?

It controls engine ecu with ecu control commands. It reads the values by sending pid requests and controls engine ecu with a different set of commands. App is going back and fourth reading and sending. All it does it command engine on or off regardless of what drive mode you have the Volt in.

12. Advertisement

I just finished trying the app twice, and it works!!!!, Thank you Brianbri6, you just added a much needed feature to our 2012 volts. I used it to heat up the cabin and was able to turn it back off. I like that it displays the true SOC. When I first turned the engine on the SOC was already full 85% it kept adding a bit for a few minutes until it got to 86 and some change, then I got a pipe error on the app and engine turned back of. Tried it again at 70% SOC and worked perfectly, it bought the SOC to 74 driving a few miles locally. I will buy the suggested obd reader, I used a cheap $10 elm327 from Amazon I had laying around. Again, thank you, you are THE MAN.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 3 7 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text