GM Volt Forum banner

Greetings - New Volt owner (2015 Ashen Gray)

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Dutch 
#1 ·
Hi all, glad to be joining this community. Just picked up a NEW 2015 Volt last evening for $19,999+. It has 4000 miles and was used as courtesy transportation at the selling dealer. It has ~10mo of the 3 year warranty remaining. I expect to get the $7500 tax credit, plus I had $2000 in GM Card Earnings, making my "in the garage" price too good to pass up :cool:

Looking forward to hanging out with you all :)

#7 ·
I did gather that they had been trying to sell it for some time. What were they asking in February? (And would you have bought it for the price I paid?)

I do get to Rochester from time to time, a beer at the Voltshop sounds attractive :) (Where is it?)

#9 ·
I don't remember the numbers, but they weren't even close to reality at that point. Basically, they laughed at me, and I laughed at them. I know I was looking for about 12K off MSPR at that point. And that was before I got out my GM card, Private Offer, and winning smile....

#10 · (Edited)
Hello and congratulations. Are you kidding 20 grand and the tax credit? Wow that's incredible. Have you done a title search. Are you're really sure. You get the prize for the most cost-effective deal I've seen on this site hands down. There may have been one other fellow they had a deal on one for $21,000 and tax credit. I think

I had a chance on a 2014 for 18500 and the tax credit but it was kind of shady so I chickened out,
I bought 2015 with 2000 miles but it was a demo and sold as use so it doesn't look like I can get the tax credit. The 2015 is a good solid car. But I still have plenty of warranty. This just goes to prove that they definition of used or New by the dealer is totally arbitrary.
Congratulations again on a great deal

#11 ·
Thanks for the props :) I was very thorough regarding the vehicle status (new/used). The original MSO was reviewed (no entries), the GM Card Earnings were valid (only true for new vehicles), and it will be titled as NEW in NY. And it was sold by a reputable Chevy dealer. So I think I'm good regarding the tax credit :)

I didn't drive it to work today, first snowfall of the season and I'm not ready to salt it up yet (something you Floridians don't ever need to worry about).

#14 ·
I'm glad you posted this thread. I was looking at a NEW '14 (kind of stumbled across it) and you've given me the number to beat. The only difference is that it is still "new" and with a full warranty--but being a whole model year older has got to make it less.

May not pull the trigger on it, but the idea got my attention as I might reduce the amount owed on my '13 after the tax credit. It's also a different color with the slightly larger battery, so I get to have a "tour" of driving a couple different Gen 1 Volts with nothing more out-of-pocket. What a unique car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.