GM Volt Forum banner

2015 Nissan Leaf at AutoFeria in San Juan, PR

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Dakster 
#1 · (Edited)
Nissan gave a "AutoFeria" (Auto Fair) at the center of the Plaza Las Americas shopping center in San Juan, PR (it is the largest in Latin America with three floors and over 400 stores). I went there yesterday with my wife and saw the Nissan cars being exhibited. Most were 2016 and 2017 models, but the only EV was the 2015 Nissan Leaf. That proves how weak the Leaf is sold here in Puerto Rico, since it was a 2015 model.

In the pictures you can see details about the Leaf, and in the "sales" picture*, the saleswoman (in the red blouse) was explaining the interior to my wife (seen inside). The "bonus" label on the door means that this particular model, which has a $35,450 window sticker price (note the shipping destination as "Nissan AutoFeria"), will be sold for $10,000 less. When I head that, I was surprised how desperate Nissan was to unload this car, and the saleswoman didn't say if the local Nissan dealer had others (obviously they had no 2016 models!).

The other EV offered here was mentioned (the BMW i3 BEV), and the Nissan saleswoman said that it was ugly, which my wife and I agreed (we saw it before, and I posted a picture of it here in the forums). She gave my wife a card and mentioned again the discount. We left and kept looking at the other Nissan cars at the "AutoFeria", but we both knew that the Leaf will not be one of our cars.:(

GM, you can do better! lLet our local dealers sell any car, including the Chevy Volt and the new 2017 Chevy Bolt EV. If I buy one, I will do my part, as many Volt owners have done, to show off the BEV to others, and win new sales leads.

* Pardon the palm tree trunk seen over the saleswoman in the picture. We have them EVERYWHERE, even inside shopping centers.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Why is LEAF off your list? It is assembled in the USA. i3 would definitely be on my list if Volt/ELR/Bolt/CT6 were not offered in Texas.

I am considering a Bolt as my granddaughter's first car. Looks good! Teen driver tech is a much needed invention. A lot of young people are killed each year in the US by giving them high-power cars with no training.

#3 ·
The point of assembly will not convince me of what is an "import" or a "domestic" vehicle. My present 2009 Chevy Equinox was assembled in Canada with a Chinese engine and a Japanese transaxle, yet it is "American" because of the brand and manufacturer. So even if the Leaf was assembled in my own neighborhood, it is still a Japanese product and an "import" because the parts were designed and mostly made in Japan. For every Nissan Leaf sold, the profit goes to a Japanese bank.

I will only take in a Leaf if it was given to me with "no strings attached". and I will trade it in for a Chevy Bolt EV. And my wife still sees it ugly!

#4 ·
So even if the Leaf was assembled in my own neighborhood, it is still a Japanese product and an "import" because the parts were designed and mostly made in Japan. For every Nissan Leaf sold, the profit goes to a Japanese bank.
So, as a stock holder in Nissan my profits go to a bank in Japan instead of me???? When did this start?

Keith

PS: Not a direct intentional stock holder, but wouldn't be surprised if I am invested there via my 401k. Just pointing out how ridiculous the "the money goes to x y or z country" argument is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.