Homelink for 2017 Volt
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 6

Thread: Homelink for 2017 Volt

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanox View Post
    Would a dealer install an OEM auto-dimming mirror? Even if I don't install that mirror from eBay for homelink (I carry a garage door clicker right now), I do really miss the auto-dimming mirror in my old Toyota hybrid
    I'm sure a dealer would do it but it would be a lot cheaper to have a good stereo shop do it since all you need is switched power run to the area.
    2017 Chevy Volt Premier, Pepperdust - black/brandy interior - built 11/16
    2011 Nissan 370Z Nismo, Gunmetallic - Stillen Supercharged to 525HP
    1999 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4, Flame Red
    1995 Harley Davidson FLSTF Fatboy, Black/Purple
    1968 Camaro Coupe, White w/black stripes - 454 bored to 468

Other than the homelink transmitter for $40 on ebay, what else is required to have this installed??

Could the OP please list what else is required or anyone else knowledgable to tell a stereo shop?

Quote Originally Posted by placebo View Post
    Other than the homelink transmitter for $40 on ebay, what else is required to have this installed??

Could the OP please list what else is required or anyone else knowledgable to tell a stereo shop?
    FYI: If you have a Premium model (i.e. there's power in the RV mirror), you can also just replace the rear view mirror with a Homelink enabled rear view mirror. Lots more info over in this (original) thread: http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread....omelink+optima

Also fyi: I got the mirror for $29 and (for a different model car) I also got one of those 3 button pods for $17, both from auto salvage yards on ebay.

All either one needs is simple power and ground. If you are hiring someone to do this, and they can't figure out how to get that, then they're incompetent and you should be looking elsewhere.
    Last edited by good2go; 1 Week Ago at 06:56 PM.
    Current: 2017 Bolt . . . . Previous: 2016 Volt (passed on to son), 2014 Volt (passed on to daughter)

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM-Volt.com
    Advertisements

5. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by good2go View Post
    FYI: If you have a Premium model (i.e. there's power in the RV mirror), you can also just replace the rear view mirror with a Homelink enabled rear view mirror. Lots more info over in this (original) thread: http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread....omelink+optima

Also fyi: I got the mirror for $29 and (for a different model car) I also got one of those 3 button pods for $17, both from auto salvage yards on ebay.

All either one needs is simple power and ground. If you are hiring someone to do this, and they can't figure out how to get that, then they're incompetent and you should be looking elsewhere.
    I don't have the premier model, just the base. That's why I was asking

Quote Originally Posted by placebo View Post
    I don't have the premier model, just the base. That's why I was asking
    My comment still applies. If someone is charging you (as they're supposedly a professional) to do the job, they should ALREADY know full well how to source power and ground. Otherwise, they are categorically unqualified. It would be like going to a tire shop and thinking you needed to tell them how to rotate your tires.
    Current: 2017 Bolt . . . . Previous: 2016 Volt (passed on to son), 2014 Volt (passed on to daughter)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 6

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text