General Presidential Election Picks
Grab our Forum Feed

Poll: Which candidate would you prefer to vote for?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 5 LastLast

Thread: General Presidential Election Picks

Default General Presidential Election Picks

Now that we are down to the last four presidential candidates, who is your pick? Up to this point, a third-party candidate has never had a chance winning, but I feel that they are worth including for a few reasons. First, if we stick with the Democratic and Republican parties, we have a choice between a buffoon and a criminal (I'll let you decide for yourself who is which). Second, social media has already had a larger impact on this election season than at any other time in the past. Despite Bernie Sanders' receiving only a fraction of the airtime of any other major-party candidate, he took close to 50% of the Democratic vote.

The one thing I would ask is, try to select the candidate who best reflects your values and beliefs. This election is more than likely going to be decided on fear (who is scarier between Clinton and Trump), so it would be nice just to see the candidate people would actually want.

From what I see, US has arrived at a crossroad: white vs diversity.
    My Volt Hidden Content
    2014 White Diamond, S1, Bose, Nav, Premium Pkg

Quote Originally Posted by voldar View Post
    From what I see, US has arrived at a crossroad: white vs diversity.
    To me, the issue is more about distribution of wealth. If we had a more equitable distribution of wealth, culture, race, and religion would have much less of an impact on an individual's place in society.

4. Advertisement

Equitable distribution of wealth? Nope, that's not the answer. Equal opportunity is the answer. The outcome is up to the individual.

If by some magic, today, everyone was granted exactly that same amount of "wealth", in a generation (or maybe less) the distribution of that wealth would be as diverse as it is today. That's just the natural diversity of human nature.
    2014 Volt, Diamond White, Black Interior. Premium package, Safety 1 and 2, Bose.

Quote Originally Posted by twoheeldrive View Post
    ... Equal opportunity is the answer. The outcome is up to the individual.....
    That's right, there's no such thing as privilege, be it color or wealth. Just ask Trumpf.

The rich should get richer and the poor should get poorer. 'That's just the way it is. Some things will never change.' ,B. Hornsby

The lesser of all evils is Trump at this point. At least he's not a political lifer. Kind of scary with his rhetoric though.

What the heck is up with claiming COAL is due for a re-start? Probably more of an anti-Clinton thing than factual. (Clinton made a faux pas earlier in a speech saying that coal is 'going away'. Which people took to mean that coal miners would be unemployed instead of up-employed.)

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/07/gop-convention-day-2/
    Last edited by Loboc; 07-21-2016 at 05:41 PM.
    Driving a show car. Every day!

Don't Pokemon and drive!

------------------------
    2014 Crystal Red ELR (REDD) code R w/Cashmere interior
    L2 - GE WattStation
    iOS 10.1 on iPhone 6. MyCadillac App version 3.3.0
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I'm choosing to vote for the sleazy one, over the Bond Villain.

You can decide for yourself, which one is which.

EDIT:
    From the OP: "First, if we stick with the Democratic and Republican parties, we have a choice between a buffoon and a criminal (I'll let you decide for yourself who is which)"

Somehow I missed that... just "voted and posted."

D'oh! @ myself, but I guess it's gonna be a common thought, this election cycle!!
    Last edited by Mike-o-Matic; 07-22-2016 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Apologizing to the universe for my hastiness
    My 2012 Blue Topaz Metallic Volt... "C YA OPEC"... is GONE!
    *bzzt* -- Lease over! Whatta bummer! We had 33,200 great miles together.
    Lifetime MPG 270+, 90% EV driving bliss! May she serve her new owner well.

Her replacement: a new 2014 Black Volt: "C YA OPEC mk.2"!
    7,550 miles so far, 90% on electricity, and 270 lifetime MPG!
    (650+ MPG when you ignore the gas burned by the dealership I bought 'er from!)

Lookin' forward to finding NEW roads and a thousand more "Volt Smiles!"

Quote Originally Posted by twoheeldrive View Post
    Equitable distribution of wealth? Nope, that's not the answer.
    You're right, and that's not what I was saying. I was saying a MORE equitable distribution of wealth. It is not possible to have a healthy society if the top 1% of the population control more wealth than the bottom 80% of the population.

Did you see any of his convention the man is a racist, misogynist and it looked like a god damn Nazi rally, he should be nowhere near the presidency.

11. Advertisement

HELLO.... The middle class is getting squeezed from above and below. The disparity between a CEO salary and blue or Tech workers is much greater now than it was 30-20 years ago. Fair opportunity may be a better set of words, but that is semantics to the issues of short term gains that drive the markets and even many Job opportunities.
    Never even heard of contract work (.5-1yr) 25 years ago. Now I would guess it is about 25% of the jobs or more.
    Something has to give

Quote Originally Posted by Ladogaboy View Post
    You're right, and that's not what I was saying. I was saying a MORE equitable distribution of wealth. It is not possible to have a healthy society if the top 1% of the population control more wealth than the bottom 80% of the population.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 5 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text