GM Volt Forum banner

How many of you finish driving and immediately check voltstats?

4K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  Tim S FL 
#1 ·
I keep doing this even though it only updates twice a day. I guess I'm going to go bonkers when I can track my chargong data. Stats stas stats, give me the stats.

#2 ·
I admit it. No vehicle has ever cause me to behave like this and I have owned Corvette's, Camaro's, Firebirds, BMW's, Jaguar's and few other odd European makes like Lancia.

#19 ·
I'm guessing you never owned a VW TDI diesel, then. There's a community much like this one at TDIClub.com, and I definitely was frequently checking my max range achieved in my 2003 Jetta Wagon. The badge of honor there was getting 700+ miles on one tank of fuel, as well as averaging 50+ mpg, which was actually not incredibly hard to achieve.

#3 · (Edited)
I'm a data freak, too. But I keep a paper log in the car that I fill in when I pull into my garage. From there I go to my desktop computer and pull up Excel to fill in the data into a spreadsheet. Always current (zap 8^) and up-to-date.

Lifetime Mileage: 24,001
Lifetime Average ICE mpg: 37.5
Lifetime Average MPGe: 145.6
Lifetime Gallons per 100 Miles: 2.4
Lifetime Average Miles per kWh: 4.3
Lifetime kWh per 100 miles: 23.1

New 2014 Bought in June, 2015

#9 ·
#13 ·
Hello ....Every day for 25,000 miles? That is lots and lots of data.

I have not set up the below app but it sounds easier then inputting data.

http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?104337-New-App-for-the-Volt/page3

I'm a data freak, too. But I keep a paper log in the car that I fill in when I pull into my garage. From there I go to my desktop computer and pull up Excel to fill in the data into a spreadsheet. Always current (zap 8^) and up-to-date.

http://gm-v[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="linkim, post: 3430602, member: 130753"]Hi, I'm guilty of being OCD, taking data from my Volt and LEAF. I enter data into spreadsheets usually every evening when the vehicle is driven. For the LEAF, I take data from the vehicle display as well as obtained from the OBD2 connected display and ELM327 dongle. For the Volt, I record data from the displays in the vehicle. I could put the dongle in the Volt and take more data but I need to wean myself from these activities. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]Geez. I thought I was bad just logging in my last five cars on fuel, oil changes, and maintenance. Somebody say 12-step program?

"Hi. My name is Randy. I'm a data nerd."

#22 ·
Hello..... Note that the quote about the 12 step program was not my original quote.
I do keep one 11x8.5 sheet in the car to log important milestones and data. Like, when I go over 48EV miles, which is a big deal on a 65MPH highway

If you want to go back a few years, I also have data for other vehicles. I have a spreadsheet for my 2002 Prius that I donated when we bought the Volt. The spreadsheet had 13 years of data when I gave up the Prius. Does that make me a data nerd? If so, I must have a lot of company.

#6 ·
I'm a data nerd (and it's my day job) and even I wouldn't rush to check it. I think you need to begin your 12-step program sooner than later. :)

#8 ·
Once week for me as well.

I did fire up MyVolt.com yesterday for the first time in about a year just to check if they had got it able to charge again. I could tell it was indoors all day yesterday because it was unable to connect. Today the mileage jumped up a couple tenths and I was able to see it was connected and charging a few hours before I got the call that it was done...

#10 ·
Hi, I'm guilty of being OCD, taking data from my Volt and LEAF. I enter data into spreadsheets usually every evening when the vehicle is driven. For the LEAF, I take data from the vehicle display as well as obtained from the OBD2 connected display and ELM327 dongle. For the Volt, I record data from the displays in the vehicle. I could put the dongle in the Volt and take more data but I need to wean myself from these activities. Any suggestions?

#11 ·
VoltStats, what's that? j/k

#15 ·
I keep a paper log and check statistics on ChargePoint. I like getting 165 MPG. However, the engine maintenance ten-minute burn is due. I am also going to see my lifetime average drop this summer when I spend three weeks exploring remote areas in the northern Rockies with no charging stations or electric outlets. If Volt had at least 25 KwH on a charge, that would be cool.

#17 ·
Sometimes I go for days, even weeks without checking. Sometimes I check several times right around the morning update.

The one thing I won't do is avoid driving the car just to pad my Volt Stats. In fact we have the opposite problem. We like the driving the car too much and the van doesn't get much use.

Today I'm at 354 km without gas and 3146 km on this tank, without trying. If people understood how easy that is to achieve on a vehicle with "only" 61 km of EV range (or 85 km with Gen 2), Volt sales would probably be 5x what they are now.

http://www.voltstats.net/Stats/Details/3728

#18 ·
I infrequently check Voltstats... It just is not that important to me... I was the same way when I had the Leaf with regards to Carwings...

#20 ·
VoltStats doesn't help that much to keep track of TCO. I use a phone app called 'Road Trip' to record costs. I rarely check VoltStats.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.