Tissue Box, Trash Can, Glove Compartment Light
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tissue Box, Trash Can, Glove Compartment Light

Default Tissue Box, Trash Can, Glove Compartment Light

http://imgur.com/Pmptmub

Tissue Box (For tissues, I just opened a regular box of Kleenex and transferred)
    Swivel Trash Can
    Velcro Strap
    Motion Detection Light for Glove Compartment

Very nice.
    I have a hard plastic trash can that hangs off the back of the passengers seat, and a "caddy" that sits on my passengers seat for my work commute to hold water and tissues and other stuff. It goes in the trunk if I'm not commuting.

hadn't found a good spot for tissues though, and I need that given the pollen and all.
    A study in opposites
    1997 Jeep Cherokee
    2013 Chevy Volt "OHM-RIDE"

That's what I like to see in here - Volt owner resourcefulness! These are those little things that add up to big things when we don't have space for them. When automakers think of the small stuff, it gives you confidence they took extra care with the big stuff ( drivetrain...etc ). I for one have always lamented the lack of forethought automakers give to trash. We have every ilk of cupholder imaginable, but we all sadly produce trash constantly - especially if you're like me and drive your kids around in your car!

That trash can sure looks useful, but I'm leaning towards the trash bin that hangs over the back seat headrest. Only thing is,
    when the kiddos ride back there - they don't want trash facing them... Our Prius has this big gap between the console and
    dash, this is where I put a round black trash bin - held down with a velcro patch. Zips in and out easily for emptying. The
    Volt is another thing - both gens 1 and 2 have no place for the bin.

I like seeing the clever solutions owners come up with. Thanks for the input.

BTW, is there truly NO GLOVEBOX LIGHT on the gen 2?!!! I have heard as much but not seen it in person.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM-Volt.com
    Advertisements

5. Advertisement

Since my passenger side gets occupied often, the trash I wanted was relatively small but not too small, I think mine suits my needs of a few tissues and straw casings. The swivel lid is nice for easy stick-in and cover. To empty, I just unvelcro. Almost went with this one but it was too big. For kids, bigger may be better Metal Tall or Black plastic

Here's some kid friendly bins
    Snoopy and His Friends Trash
    Snoopy Swivel
    Plush Snoopy Trash
    These are also cute
    Keep Clean
    Keep Clean 2

The 2nd Gen LT has no glove light nor visor light. The premier I think has visor lights; not sure on glove compartment. I bought and clipped this on my bottom visor for light, but it's rather bright and distractingly sticks out a little.
    Last edited by gdog; 06-07-2016 at 06:32 PM.

No back door seat pockets, no garage door opener unit built in, no lighted vanity mirror in visor, no CD player, no light in glove box.
    ALSO (thank US Govt) no more pedestrian horn chirp. Now its a low spaceship motor noise when driving below 30MPH.
    All things I had on my Gen 1 2014 Volt. Now I have a 2016 and better electric minus those amenities.
    2016Chevy Volt
    Kinetic Blue
    Gray Leather
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie2 View Post
    No back door seat pockets, no garage door opener unit built in, no lighted vanity mirror in visor, no CD player, no light in glove box.
    ALSO (thank US Govt) no more pedestrian horn chirp. Now its a low spaceship motor noise when driving below 30MPH.
    All things I had on my Gen 1 2014 Volt. Now I have a 2016 and better electric minus those amenities.
    No espresso maker either. Don't trade in your Fiat.
    2012 Standard w/ Navigation

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text