GM Volt Forum banner

Picked up a 2LT Spark EV lease

10K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  bro1999 
#1 · (Edited)
Just too cheap not to. $11,475 total incentives, $150 a month for 36 months/10k miles a year, with just first payment due at signing. $27,135 unit.
Used a private offer and farm bureau rebate to get an additional $1k off. AND of course a $2,300 MD EV rebate is coming my way too.
So bottom line is about $87/month.
It's definitely a sporty little thing!! :D

And I just found out I guess I am eligible for $500 towards a Bosch L2 unit? Not that I need one, but another plus! Ebay, here I come.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
One of these days I'll make it out to one of those.

One quick observation: the Spark EV has the "oh sh!t" handles in the front, but the Volt doesn't?? Why is that?
Also was surprised the Spark has heated seats. I kept wondering "Why the hell are the seats so damn hot?!" and chalked it up to the hot weather...then I finally noticed the heated seats were on!

#4 ·
That Spark EV is a good example of a "Green Car"!! Congratulations for a great acquisition!

Now you can really drive on pure electrons only, and get a preview of driving the 2017 Chevy Bolt EV.

#5 ·
Yeah, this is my first BEV experience....should be fun!

On my first commute to work, I started out with a full charge and 81 miles of estimated range. After my 8 mile drive, the new estimated range was 83 miles. Lol
Pretty sure I'll be able to get it up to 100+ miles of estimated range on a full charge soon...unless I start lead footing it, which is very tempting...

#6 ·
Spark EV would cover 99% percent of my driving. But then my volt covers 100%. My commute is completely electric and the vast majority of my travels are gas-free. Plus, I can't see having two vehicles for me.

Spark EV is just too small for my needs. Glad it works for you.

#7 ·
Honestly, the Spark EV is just a short term thing. Will be sold/transferred/flipped once the Bolt EV is out. But it's a good preview!

#10 ·
So FWIW, I had my Spark EV with 133 miles appraised at Carmax for kicks. A MSRP $27,135 2016 Spark EV 2LT is worth......$12.5k as a trade-in.

$27.1k - ~$5k dealer discount/incentives - 7.5k fed credit - 2.3k MD credit = 12.3k for a brand new Spark EV. Perhaps that $12.5k offer is actually generous!

#11 ·
Found out one more tidbit I didn't know before purchasing: the brake lights will come on while in 'L' if it is decelerating fast enough.

Still haven't been able to test out the QC capability.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.