GM Volt Forum banner

Chevy Volt Sports Pedal

11K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  SoCalBeach 
#1 · (Edited)
Found these on eBay for 50% off what the dealer sells it for ($150.00): http://www.ebay.com/itm/191851604005

I made an offer for $50 and the seller accepted it. Paid $13.77 for shipping.

I installed the sports pedals today, the brake petal went on easily but the accelerator pedal was a pain in the butt to install, just make sure you use a little lubricant (soap/water) for the accelerator petal as instructed.

See attached pictures!

Just found another seller on ebay selling it for $50 with "Best Offer" accepted: http://www.ebay.com/itm/182111111665?euid=21ae5c1fbbe1494abe633c2ccbc44472&cp=1 (I checked with the seller and it is the same part number)

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
#15 · (Edited)
I got the same GM set today. My Best Offer was $30. We settled on $38 + $8 s/h.

You are correct about the gas pedal. I should have used soapy water like you did, but I was too lazy to get back in the house so I struggled and finally got them both on (almost breaking my right pinky in the process). They look great and will most likely add tons of power. LOL

#16 ·
I just found this tread. The 'Surfer Foot' pedal photo put me over the line. I too am now the proud owner of Volt Sport Pedals. This is the funniest thread on the forum. If you could not control yourself and have purchased sport pedals for your Volt, then you might want to consider a trip down to Manny, Moe, and Jack's to see if there is a lighted hood ornament or equivalent with your name on it.

#17 ·
Quick question: do they feel slippery when applying a wet shoe to them? I ask because they look all metal. Also, my current, naked OEM brake pedal is starting to wear on the right side so the texturing on the right edge is disappearing into a smooth piece of rubber. I'm thinking of getting sports pedals like these to cover them up and prevent a "worn" pedal look.

#18 ·
They look like they have identical pattern in photos, but they are different. The brake pedal's "knobs" stick out to grab your shoe sole, thereby keeping your foot planted on the pedal as it should. The gas pedal's "knobs" are placed in countersunk holes so your shoe can glide on it, as it should. (The stock brake pedal is rubber, but the gas pedal is slick plastic.)

#19 ·
Oh, so those black dots are actually protruding? Well then, I think I'll give them a buy. Thank you!

#20 ·
You'll like them. Just make sure you get them cheap. Be patient and they'll show up. Best Offer ones can be negotiated well below 50 bucks. I've seen them for more than $100. That's nuts!!

#22 ·
I installed mine using Windex as the lubricant. The Brake pedal is no problem and you can do it with your fingers. The Accelerator pedal, as noted by BobHope, is more of a pain, but I did it without removing the pedal. I installed the upper right hand corner first, then down the right side using my fingers, then moved to the middle of the left side where the gap is and used the short flathead screwdriver to pull out the rubber lip out and slid it down the left side and across the bottom. The easy finale was the moving to middle of the left side where there is a gap, and then using the short screw driver to pry out the rubber lip and proceeded slide it up to and then across the top.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.