GM Volt Forum banner

Crazy question - is there more front seat travel in a '14 than a '13 ??

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  jamess 
#1 · (Edited)
As you can see in my other thread just posted, we have both a '13 and a '14 Volt now. In the '13 I need to push the seat as far back as it will go to be comfy, but when I went to do that in the new '14, I felt like I went all the way to the back of the car! My feet would barely even reach the pedals. It feels like a FOOT more travel, but is in reality probably only 3 or 4 inches. Was this a model year change? I had never read about it if so, however it's a pleasant surprise :)

#3 ·
Doubtful because both seats are the same - what would the odds be of that.....

#6 ·
Sounds like you're in a better position to answer your question than most of us. Slide them both all the way back and then look at the distance between the front slider rail bolt and the front of the seat. It should be pretty obvious if there is or isn't a difference in the amount of track exposed.

#7 ·
Yes I will measure them tomorrow (one is out in the dark now).....I was just wondering if this was a known change from 13 to 14. Like for example the push-open charge door. Thought someone may know.

#9 ·
I doubt it. My 2013 has more rear travel than any car I've ever driven. I am 6'2" and always move seats as far back as possible and wish for more. In my 2013, there is so much leg room, I keep it a click or two forward.

Maybe your 2013 has something in the track, or the track was assembled differently, like backwards or something like that.

#10 ·
Is the steering wheel adjusted the same? It telescopes in and out, remember. That can throw off your perception.

#11 ·
This isn't some ethereal dimension that can't be verified. Just get a tape measure, or even just a piece of string, and check from the left foot rest to the front of the seat slide on both cars with the seats all the way back.

#12 · (Edited)
OK, I'm an idiot. It does indeed all depend on seat HEIGHT. I forgot that the seat moves "forward" with each pump of the lever as much as it moves "up".
It's literally raising and lowering at an angle, not straight up n down. The new one was set low, and totally fooled me :eek:

But there's my tip of the day - if you ever feel like you need more legroom, lower your seat :)

#13 · (Edited)
PS - I was out there adjusting and measuring and taking notes....pretty funny really. If anyone cares, with either seat in either car all the way back, it is 4.5" from the front edge of the stationary track to the front edge of the track mounted to the seat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.