GM Volt Forum banner

Ford Model E will be a 200 mile BEV

6K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Steverino 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Aside from more and varied models to choose from (please someone build an EV-CUV) this may also kick start in a BIG way a coordinated and aggressive fast charging network.

The more the merrier. Welcome to the fight.

#7 ·
The "announcement" was hardly more than a "we'd like to" comment with no specifics. The rest is speculation by others. I don't doubt that someday Ford will have a 200 mile BEV, but this was far from an announcement of it imminent arrival. The lack of details makes the Tm3 look like a fully specified, showroom and street ready model in comparison. :)

#17 ·
I'm still expecting Congress to change the rules about the time the first companies hit 200k. Whether they'll extend the program, redefine the buckets, our kill the program entirely will depend on the Congress we have at the time, but I'll be surprised if it isn't changed at some point near there.

#18 ·
Breaking newz:

Ford has rolled out it's pre-production BEV CUV which some are calling the MagnaTron:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Auto show Motor vehicle

Following the Tesla model, this BEV was announced in 2009 and is scheduled for delivery in 2011 according to the article. :)

"Magna International, the world's most diverse auto parts supplier, announced a vehicle-development partnership with Ford Motor Company to introduce a zero-emission lithium-ion battery electric vehicle (BEV) to be delivered to market in 2011.

The electric vehicle, which Ford announced at this year's North American International Auto Show in Detroit as a key vehicle in their electrification strategy, will be a small car with an expected range of up to 100 miles without using a drop of gasoline and without compromising customer performance expectations. The Ford BEV is expected to offer consumers a familiar driving experience - it will operate similar to a conventional vehicle, but with smoother acceleration, less noise and zero emission."

http://www.motortopia.com/car-blogs/ford-magna-bev-6384

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.