GM Volt Forum banner

2014 volt 16k miles crashed .. its a fixer upper

11K views 36 replies 16 participants last post by  terry735001 
#1 ·
I wanted to start out by saying hi to every one as i am new here

I just became a new owner of a 2014 volt with 16k miles on it that was in a small crash and i payed 5000$:eek: for the car

I am making this post to ..one.. find some help / info and to help add some info to the net as there is not much out there as the car is so new and giving the HV system in the car that GM does not like do it your self fixes with this type of car

This car does have a CA Salvage - Title and so i well have to do the FL paper work to get it back on the road after it is fixed :rolleyes:

parts from the GM website to fix the car shows around 3500$ for all 100% new parts so i am sure i can cut that down with junk yard parts OR to find a parts car

looks like i well need parts .......:confused:

33 cant find online at the min :mad:
78 BRACE. Front Fender Inner Wheel House $26.07 #23165416

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sedan Chevrolet
White Line art Text Auto part Design

See less See more
#37 ·
well small update

i have put some miles on the car and i am all most up to 20K

99% of all most all my driving sets in the 50 miles rang i am getting out of the car

being here in FL with flat roads and the AC off i some times see 55 miles but that is on a very good day but i am all ways seeing 49 miles

the only down side to the car and maybe why i cant keep it is my big foot ?? ....

yeah i have all ways had to test drive cars before getting them as i have a size 13 foot / shoe so i am having a hard time with the brake pedal as my shoe is to tall when when trying to push the pedal i push on the still from on top then on the rubber pad so the pad moves away from my foot and makes it hard to work with

so to help i have been driving it in low /L to help with this

so at this time i only have 7K in the car and its setting at 20K miles . i still need a new hood and give it to the paint shop for a min to make it all look new but if i say try to move to like a model S and try to get off it i dont think i could get what i have in it so i dont know to just deal with it

i well soon be making a new video is EV are right for RVers like me my so i well go over this and show whats going on

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.