GM Volt Forum banner

Message on entertainment display "4 Apps Failed To Install"

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  DZD 
#1 ·
I had just started the car, and was going down a hill slowly. I noticed I was charging on the dash display, and thought to hit the leaf button to see the power flow (not sure why).

I may have stabbed at it a few times, it seemed unresponsive, and then it showed a black strip along the bottom with "4 Apps Failed to Install".

I have no idea what triggered it, but I'm guessing I hit some secret decoder sequence or something to get the message. I can't reproduce it. I have not had the car in since last fall for the 'long idle car turn off' software update.

This isn't a problem by any means, it was just interesting.

#2 ·
OK, thinking about this, it must be that my Android phone somehow piped the message to the car. I can't say I've seen that before, but I think that was the cause.

#3 ·
Certainly unusual.
Especially since you have a 13.
If you had a '14 I would have guessed maybe a notification was misinterpreted as a text message and piped through?

Would be nice to get notifications pop up besides texts. New email, weather alerts, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.