GM Volt Forum banner

What have you done to your Volt today?

68K views 260 replies 82 participants last post by  KNI 
#1 · (Edited)
I though it would be neat to have a thread where we could quick post what we are doing to and with our Volts on a day to day basis (and hopefully give each other ideas).....

Today....in between cleaning the garage and winterizing things around the house....I cleaned and polished the rims to protect them from the winter salt/road grime..... added a couple of decals :) and fed it some fresh premium gas (it was hungry and requires filet mignon....first full tank of gas since last March or so)......

#90 ·
First time driving it with a full charge.

C'mon... I just picked it up two days ago (used 2013).

#92 ·
Stopped by a L2 charging station at the local university. Took a lunch break there plugged in for a bit, gained a few miles charge. My first public charging. Probably won't do too much of it, especially as we don't have many around here, but neat to know about it.

#98 ·
Brandicus.... I didn't hear anything fall down into the door after the initial cracking sound.....but I also never removed them to look... When you said it cracked I assumed it "cracked"...as in it fell apart.... If you can't see anything and they are on good... Don't even sweat it....interestingly... The weathertech visors I got for my forester go on by 3m double sided tape and they are on very strong... Would have preferred that also for the volt set... But.. What the heck.... They look good anyway....

#102 ·
right what i meant is the inside that follows the groove has cracked and some small pieces have broken off at the end.

I want to like this product badly, it even cuts down on wind noise at freeway speeds, it just urks me to no end that im going to be picking these chunks of it out of my windowsill for some time.

#117 ·
Hello...Today I jump started my daughters Van that has been sitting out front for 9 months. The Volt neg terminal is not so bad, but the positive is a bit tricky. Gotta snap on the nut. I do not know why they are different. First I pumped air in the Van's tires with the air compressor. I did not notice when jumping the car that the auto elec locks locked the car with the only set of keys in the ignition. Cause the elec had been off for so long. The guy was coming back in 10 minutes to give her 500$ for this old van and he ends out helping with the coat hanger to get into the car. The nieghbors came out and i did not realize my daughter had brought my wife out in the wheel chair as I was busy. I had to move my car out of the way after the jump and instead of driving around the block I backed up with all those people standing around, not realizing my wife was behind me in the wheelchair. I really should get that back up camera. Anyways I clipped her wheelchair (just a bit) before I heard her yell. With everybody watching! The rear visibility is so bad.
he still bought the van.

#127 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.