GM Volt Forum banner

Some Pictures of a Blue LT at Keyes.

4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Perfectreign 
#1 ·
My wife and I have ordered a 2016 LT in Kinetic Blue with the leather interior and comfort 1 package back home in MA, but we are currently on vacation in California. I noticed we were just down the street from Van Nuys and knew Keyes, and Rick, from the forum so we figured we'd stop by to take a look at one of the cars in person. They had a Blue LT (not with the same seats however) and Rick was kind enough to have Joe bring it around for us to take a look at. While we were waiting for Joe, we had a very friendly chat with Rick, and it was great seeing someone at a Chevrolet dealership who fully understood the vehicle after dealing with a sales person back home who didn't even know the Volt could drive fully electric when charged.

We actually saw Rick unpacking one of the care packages he mentioned else where on the forum. I'd say they're well deserved.

Joe took us out to show us the car and spent a few minutes going over everything as we sat inside. I was happy to see my wife widely grinning, and clearly enamored with how the car looks in person. It's a very sharp looking car. Parked just across from a gen 1, the differences were stark. I know the gen 1 has its fans, but my wife and I both agree that inside and out the gen 2 is a much better car. The blue stitching in the seat, and the stripe of the cars exterior color on the handles were the kind of small touches that really make you feel that you're getting a $35,000 vehicle.

The displays inside the car were easy to read, and nice and crisp. The buttons we played with felt solid.

Joe couldn't stop raving about how the car drove and you could tell he was itching to take it for another spin.

My wife was happy with how easily the back seats folded down and loved the look of the interior (where the contrast between the two colors isn't as marked as it looks on the configurator, but that's neither a criticism or praise).

All in all it was a worthwhile trip to make during our vacation. My wife is now more excited than ever to get her Volt (built and waiting to ship), and the staff at Keyes were knowledgeable, excited about the vehicle and a pleasure to interact with. They really put the dealership back home to shame and if I lived in the area I know where we'd be buying our Volt from.

And as far as the 2016 Volt goes? We still haven't driven one, but it looks even better than I expected and we feel even better about ordering one.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Your post should be printed on glossy paper and distributed as a sales brochure. There must be a formal release date for the car, where ads appear in print and on TV in the Chosen Few states. From all appearances sales should be brisk for the rest of the year.

#3 ·
Thank you so much for the kind words and make sure to try out the local recommendations! You will not be disappointed.

Thank you again,

Rick Alpern
GM
Keyes Chevy
818 231 1286 Cell

I wish we could have opened the spirits but some how just not allowed ...
Have a great vacation and enjoy your Volt when it arrives.

#8 · (Edited)
@Perfectreign - I live in San Diego, nearly 3 hours from Van Nuys with traffic. When I got my 2013 Volt it was a very hectic time at my company due to a merger, and I was jammed up in back-to-back meetings, day and night. I read good things about Keyes on this forum and figured I'd give Rick a shot. I was able to work the details out with Rick via text messages and email from my cell phone. The finance manager delivered the car to my office from Van Nuys! Because he is also a Volt enthusiast he was very careful with my new car, and delivered it with a full charge by using hold mode to bring it to me because he wanted my first drive in the new car to be electric. The paperwork was already complete and I just needed to sign them in the lobby of my office building. The figures matched to the penny. I'm a numbers guy and little bit OCD- so believe me, I was thorough and leery that there was going to be a catch somewhere. Every detail was correct. I dropped him off at the train station and was able to get back to the office in under a half-hour. My colleagues were amazed that I had just bought a car though my smart phone, from L.A. and it was already sitting in the parking lot. It couldn't have been any easier. So, I wouldn't worry about being a few hours away.

They really get it.

#7 ·
We still haven't driven one, but it looks even better than I expected and we feel even better about ordering one.
Did you get any pictures of the light ash cloth seats? Someone on the forum mentioned that the Volts provided to the press for review were different from the production models. I'm curious if they look close to the Volt configurator on the Chevy website because there was a big difference in color in the Volts given to the press.

If you have some picks of the Light Ash cloth seats, I'd appreciate if you could share them. Thanks!

#9 ·
The seats all still had their protective wrap on them, so I didn't specifically snap pictures of them. You can see the color of them quite well in this picture of the trunk open, but you can't really see the textured fabric or the blue stitching in this. Best I can do I'm afraid!

There didn't appear to be any kind of green tinge to them, as I think I'd heard someone say about the press ones. They seemed perfectly nice and were comfy enough to sit in.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.