Thought I wanted a 2016 BUT...
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Thought I wanted a 2016 BUT...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    5

    Default Thought I wanted a 2016 BUT...

    Today, my 2013 Gen 1 Volt got mad at me for even discussing the possibility of buying a new 2016 Gen 2 Volt. Take a look at the center screen readout from todays ride. I guess I really don't need a new Volt cause my old Volt can match the EPA rating of the new Volt. Granted, conditions were ideal - mid 80's, no AC and mostly backroads driving. You gotta luv the spunk of my old Volt - I think I'll keep her - hahaWP_20150909_002.jpg
    2013 Cyber Gray Volt Owner - fully loaded

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    1,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tjrdoo View Post
    Today, my 2013 Gen 1 Volt got mad at me for even discussing the possibility of buying a new 2016 Gen 2 Volt. Take a look at the center screen readout from todays ride. I guess I really don't need a new Volt cause my old Volt can match the EPA rating of the new Volt. Granted, conditions were ideal - mid 80's, no AC and mostly backroads driving. You gotta luv the spunk of my old Volt - I think I'll keep her - hahaAttachment 86122
    Are you sure your Volt doesn't need a brother or sister? On a more technical topic, does the green bulb in the display change color or size as your EV range increases?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Fighting Illini country surrounded by bean fields
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by linkim View Post
    Are you sure your Volt doesn't need a brother or sister? On a more technical topic, does the green bulb in the display change color or size as your EV range increases?
    No, but a blue pie slice shows up when you are using Dino juice.
    LLninja (greenback troll #1)
    2013 Volt G1 white diamond tricoat

    If I can get the guy in the mirror under control I can be skinny and rich.
    If you don't have the money, don't buy it. Debt is hazardous to your wealth
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by doctorq Hidden Content
    "what kind of mental problem do you have? you should really get yourself checked out, are you on any type of psychotropic medications?
    R:IQ $2.2M, at $1.7M proj $4.8M

  4. Remove Advertisements
    GM-Volt.com
    Advertisements

  5. Advertisement

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Fighting Illini country surrounded by bean fields
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tjrdoo View Post
    Today, my 2013 Gen 1 Volt got mad at me for even discussing the possibility of buying a new 2016 Gen 2 Volt. Take a look at the center screen readout from todays ride. I guess I really don't need a new Volt cause my old Volt can match the EPA rating of the new Volt. Granted, conditions were ideal - mid 80's, no AC and mostly backroads driving. You gotta luv the spunk of my old Volt - I think I'll keep her - hahaAttachment 86122
    Same here. I want a 2016 volt, but I absolutely don't need it. My white diamond tricoat works perfectly fine.
    LLninja (greenback troll #1)
    2013 Volt G1 white diamond tricoat

    If I can get the guy in the mirror under control I can be skinny and rich.
    If you don't have the money, don't buy it. Debt is hazardous to your wealth
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by doctorq Hidden Content
    "what kind of mental problem do you have? you should really get yourself checked out, are you on any type of psychotropic medications?
    R:IQ $2.2M, at $1.7M proj $4.8M

  7. #5
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    1,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by llninja View Post
    No, but a blue pie slice shows up when you are using Dino juice.
    I assume the blue pie slice remains the same size. So in other words, the green bulb shows up when on electricity, and the blue pie slice when on dino juice?

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Fighting Illini country surrounded by bean fields
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by linkim View Post
    I assume the blue pie slice remains the same size. So in other words, the green bulb shows up when on electricity, and the blue pie slice when on dino juice?
    No the blue slice grows to take up whatever percentage of ice vs. total miles - like a pie chart.
    LLninja (greenback troll #1)
    2013 Volt G1 white diamond tricoat

    If I can get the guy in the mirror under control I can be skinny and rich.
    If you don't have the money, don't buy it. Debt is hazardous to your wealth
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by doctorq Hidden Content
    "what kind of mental problem do you have? you should really get yourself checked out, are you on any type of psychotropic medications?
    R:IQ $2.2M, at $1.7M proj $4.8M

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,295

    Default

    Like this.

    volthwy.jpg
    2014 Volt, Brownstone Metallic, Loaded.
    Penguin-The other white meat.

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Southern Illinois
    Posts
    5,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tjrdoo View Post
    Today, my 2013 Gen 1 Volt got mad at me for even discussing the possibility of buying a new 2016 Gen 2 Volt. Take a look at the center screen readout from todays ride. I guess I really don't need a new Volt cause my old Volt can match the EPA rating of the new Volt. Granted, conditions were ideal - mid 80's, no AC and mostly backroads driving. You gotta luv the spunk of my old Volt - I think I'll keep her - hahaAttachment 86122
    My guess is a Gen II drive under similar circumstances would have traveled 62+ miles

    Now this is what you are shooting for
    Tom aka Accidental Electronaut
    USAF Retired
    My garage
    2017 GMC Acadia Denali
    2017 Volt Premier

  11. #9
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    1,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El Dobro View Post
    Wow! The display is very interesting compared to what I usually see on my LEAF. But then, I only see trees growing as my efficiency improves, and only with electricity. Also the Volt uses different color in the graphics which I like.

  12. Advertisement

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Fighting Illini country surrounded by bean fields
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by linkim View Post
    Wow! The display is very interesting compared to what I usually see on my LEAF. But then, I only see trees growing as my efficiency improves, and only with electricity. Also the Volt uses different color in the graphics which I like.
    You really should consider trading in the leaf for a volt if you can swing it. Yes, I know that's against what I preach, avoiding trading in cars every few years but I'll make an exception with the leaf/volt trade.

    Though having the display show blue and green makes me wonder what a color blind person would see. I'll have to get a colorblind coworker to take a peek at my volt display to see if he can tell the difference. The US government has very interesting rules about 509 compliance with user interfaces, but the fact that GM also shows number in the screen is their savior.
    LLninja (greenback troll #1)
    2013 Volt G1 white diamond tricoat

    If I can get the guy in the mirror under control I can be skinny and rich.
    If you don't have the money, don't buy it. Debt is hazardous to your wealth
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by doctorq Hidden Content
    "what kind of mental problem do you have? you should really get yourself checked out, are you on any type of psychotropic medications?
    R:IQ $2.2M, at $1.7M proj $4.8M

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Similar Threads

  1. Never thought I'd lease, but
    By n1acguy in forum Chevy Volt General Discussion, News, and Events
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-27-2015, 10:25 PM
  2. Really wanted a 2016 but...
    By alonzov in forum Buying, Leasing & Selling - Chevy Volt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-19-2015, 08:15 PM
  3. Odd Thought
    By Ladogaboy in forum Politics, Finance, and Environment
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-03-2012, 08:13 AM
  4. A Funny Thought
    By Ladogaboy in forum Politics, Finance, and Environment
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-12-2012, 03:11 PM
  5. I never thought....
    By Rooster in forum Totally Off-Topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-15-2010, 02:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts