GM Volt Forum banner

Got my ELR $36,100 under MSRP

10K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  llninja 
#1 ·
Scored a Black raven with luxury package, adaptive cruise, CD player and a few extras. I can't believe it's mine for a mere $36k after the tax incentive. What an an incredible value. Dealer even delivered 100 miles to my local GM dealership. Now that's service.

#3 ·
Congratz!
Pics?
GM should watch out. This could be seen as 'dumping' on the market.

#4 ·
GM should have priced the ELR at $50k to begin with. They would have sold many more than selling a few at $75-85k then the rest at $20-36k off. So given the low 2014 fire sale prices, who's in the ,old for a brand new 2016 model at MSRP, albeit reduced?

#6 ·
Not many is right...my local dealers all appear to be out and there are only 10 for sale within 500 miles of Dallas.

#11 ·
ELRBLISS - back when I had my first EV experience in 2009 (MINI E), I had the same feeling. Here in California, I was able to access the HOV lane as a solo driver, but I avoided it when it was "going too fast" to extend my range. I called it EV dilemma.

Even as I approach my 3rd EV, I try to be as efficient as possible. Jay Leno also talked about that in his review of his ELR drive - adjusting his driving style to match the car's intended design/purpose:

http://www.nbc.com/jay-lenos-garage/video/2014-cadillac-elr/n38105

#13 ·
That's a great deal & will make ownership that much sweeter for you. The 2016 ELR dilemma is just bit of buyers remorse because of the few spec upgrades but when you consider what you saved on the 2014 I don't see how you could get a 2016 for the price you paid for your 2014. If you paid anywhere between 40-50k before tax credit for your 2014 ELR, you got the base model of the 2016 ELR at is new MSRP. The savings between the discounted price & the current MSRP justify the lack of 4G, apple link, upgraded HP, suspension & battery usage.
my .02

#14 ·
Yeah, but in 2017 we will probably see the same pattern, ELrs heavily discounted as dropping the MSRP by $10k is still overpriced. Sure some people will pay it, but I think the car should have hit the market at $50k before tax credit and rebates.

#17 ·
Nice score. I need one of these, but can't the fact that my volt is perfectly fine (please somebody tboned me some have an excuse to get an ELR) I wonder why they even bother installing CD players any more. I haven't purchased a CD in at least a decade... well an audio CD. In have purchased bank certificates of deposits.

#18 ·
Scored a Black raven with luxury package, adaptive cruise, CD player and a few extras. I can't believe it's mine for a mere $36k after the tax incentive. What an an incredible value. Dealer even delivered 100 miles to my local GM dealership. Now that's service.
Nice score. I need one of these, but can't the fact that my volt is perfectly fine (please somebody tboned me some have an excuse to get an ELR) I wonder why they even bother installing CD players any more. I haven't purchased a CD in at least a decade... well an audio CD. In have purchased bank certificates of deposits.
In general, IMHO, as long as you listen to uncompressed digital audio tracks vs compressed formats, mp3, AAC, etc, not having a CD player makes perfect sense.
Car audio is another subject unto itself, but depending on the amount of time one spends in their car, it is the ultimate stress reducer.
From one of the foremost pioneers in this space:

http://www.lacar.com/?p=21117

#19 ·
I did not have a CD player installed in my ELR - using an old Teac portable CD player from the AUX jack in the interim. CD audio, to my ears, has better dynamic range than an MP3 file, even at a high bit rate...

Attachments

#20 ·
I don't use my CD player in the volt to play Cds either. it serves as a handy CD slot mount for my smartphone. AAC files sound better than MP3 files.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.