GM Volt Forum banner

New 2013 Fully Loaded Volt - Pricing negotiation

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  IATSE 
#1 ·
I am looking at a loaded 2013 VOLT with a MSRP of 41,985. Has been sitting on the dealers lot for quite some time and I think they are ready to move it. They are asking $25,900 and I am confirming that I can still take the 7500 TAX credit (will check to see if they have MSO).

In any event, Wanted to see if any of the private offers, financing, etc. might be able to be applied to this car? Also, would it be unreasonable to make an lowball offer of 22-23k for this car?

Thanks,
Randy

#2 ·
In large part, this will be a matter of opinion.

My opinion.... based on what I paid for a new 2014 back in January 2015, is that 22-23k is not a lowball offer. That's where I'd expect the price to be on a car that will next month be considered 3 years old. (Yes I know the 2016 Volt won't be out next month, but if he goes to turn it in on a trade, you can bet every dealer is going to tell him it's a 3 year old car.)

#3 ·
Alternatively, please email me the dealer and I will take the $25900 offer. With $7500 tax credit it puts it in line with used Volts that are loaded. I will gladly buy it myself. :p

#4 ·
The 25900 is the price listed on their website - it has been this price since late spring! So, I am going to see what the dealer will do for me... Personally, I need the deal to be 25k or less OTD. I don't believe we are too far off to make this work. And, given it's been on their lot I am sure they will want to move it! Combined with a state incentive of 2k and federal of 7.5 k, I'd be getting a brand new car for 15.5k if I can get it 25k OTD. Just my thoughts, but thought I would check in with the forum to see if I should do it!

#5 ·
have you contacted the dealer at all? A quick search and I found the website with this car at that price in PA (Google is a wonderful thing). just out of curiosity I clicked Create Your Deal and the "dealer price was $41K" my bet is they are taking into account all incentive in the $25.9k figure.

#6 ·
That's true, some dealers factor in the assumed rebates into the list price. I've seen that in my searches.

While I'd love to get the deal you're aiming for, why would any dealer do it? If used cars are going for more than $15k, they will want to sell a new car for more than that after all rebates and incentives, it's just supply/demand.

#7 ·
It may have ben built three years ago but so was mine and now it has 41,000 miles on it. I think ours was 39.1k MSRP.

I'd buy it in a heart beat if it hasn't been titled and driven. 25.9 - 7.5 is way better than what i paid for my "new" 2013 in Nov 2012. I love the car so much i'd be glad to buy it's litter mate.

What color and where? seriously, I'd come and get it where ever its at.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.