Head to Head Comparison between my 2015 Fusion Energi Titanium & 2015 Volt Premium?
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Head to Head Comparison between my 2015 Fusion Energi Titanium & 2015 Volt Premium?

Default Head to Head Comparison between my 2015 Fusion Energi Titanium & 2015 Volt Premium?

I shopped both cars extensively and am fortunate enough to have Both to drive and use at will and find huge differences yet similarities between the two cars.. I bought the Fusion Energi First...and then the Volt...when Chevy Decided to maximize the discounts)

The new 2015 Volt offers the 17.1 KW battery and can get up to 50 mile range leaving the 20 mile range of the Fusion Energi in the dust....
    However, The Fusion Energi Titanium offers luxury features and ride and comfort second to none. Moonroof, Style, Longer wheelbase for better ride and handling. POWER SEATS which is a MUST for me (COME ON CHEVY...Power Seat?? Please?)
    Both are nice cars and it is very subjective which you like or want to like or think you need?
    In reality...these are ALL in their infancy EXCEPT FOR TESLA...and will become mainstream when the volume exceeds the price and you cant afford NOT to buy one. I think we will see this in 2017 & 2018 when there is maximum competition in many manufacturers and model lines. Then The NEW NORMAL will be what the iphone 6 is to the original pager. A modern technical marvel we will wonder how we ever lived without.
    What do YOU think??
    Unfortunately...the value of a PAGER TODAY IS??? so......DOES ANYONE WANT TO BUY A 2015 FUSION ENERGI OR 2015 VOLT TODAY??

Every now and then I look longingly at the Energi Titanium for the features - heated/cooled power memory seats, adaptive cruise, lane keeping, self parking, etc.

But I love the electric drive too much, and the Energi has less than 2/3 the electric power and a short enough range I'd have to stretch to make my daily commute.

I'm waiting for the Model X reveal to make any decisions - I think I can afford one in a year or so if I put my mind to it and stretch a little. Still waiting for Tesla to show cooled seats, though - and ideally the birdseye view parking cameras, too.
    Walter
    C4884 - White Diamond, purchased 10/15/11
    2016 Tesla X75D delivered 8/25/16

Hidden Content

I can't comment on the Energi but I cross shopped the FFE. In a lot of ways the FFE beats out the Volt. To me GM made a number of very questionable decisions to save a couple of dollars. However when it came down to it the ~50 mile battery range plus the gas motor that offers unlimited range. Out weighed the negatives on the Volt and the positives on the FFE. Financially I would have been better off with the FFE. But convenience is worth a certain amount of money.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM-Volt.com
    Advertisements

5. Advertisement

Fusion Energi is gutless. No trunk. Can't fit the dog but can fit another human. Comfy nice car with decent tech but that's as far as it goes.

Only reason to buy one is if I frequently had passengers, but then I wouldn't need the carpool sticker ... So why not get a regular Fusion with a real trunk and save the $$?

I think GM's formula makes more sense. I use my trunk and haul dog and two kids more than I haul more than three passengers.

The Volt and Energi are good cars that exist today, which gives them a big advantage over imaginary future cars.

We didn't go from pagers to iPhone 6 overnight, and EVs aren't going to stop improving in 2018. For the foreseaable future, there will always be something better coming along in a few months.
    2013 Volt 2008 Grand Caravan 2001 Ram 1500

I have a C-Max Energi, along with the Volt, and the C-Max does have a lot of creature comforts the Volt does not, many of which are mentioned above.

But besides the obvious EV range disparity, the other main thing that makes me prefer to drive the Volt? It's simply more fun to drive. I've never driven a Fusion Energi, but I imagine it drives similar to the C-Max. I don't feel the same thrill driving the C-Max. The '16 Volt will seemingly be even more fun to drive.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    My Bolt EV blog: Hidden Content
    cleantechnica.com and electrek.co: you suck, don't link my stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian13 View Post
    Fusion Energi is gutless. No trunk. Can't fit the dog but can fit another human.
    DId you really fit a human into the trunk? And is that dog so big (over 200 pounds)?

Joking aside, the Fusion Energi is the only American hybrid sedan I can buy here in Puerto Rico. My wife and I did two test drives, one with the "Parking Assist", which really works well. My wife was so surprised with that feature, and now she want a new vehicle with it. We have two small dogs but they sit inside our vehicles using a "Four Paws" safety harness that is held with the regular seat belt, so they can ride in any vehicle as small children would (I have an Equinox but never used the trunk to carry them or any human). So if GM doesn't gives us the 2017 Chevy Bolt EV or the 2016 Chevy Malibu Hybrid, a 2016 Fusion Energi will be the replacement for my 1995 Buick Regal. I don't need a big trunk, as I still keep my Equinox for cargo.
    Last edited by Raymondjram; 06-05-2015 at 11:00 AM.
    Raymond
    No Volt or Bolt EV yet!

2009 Chevrolet Equinox 2LT
    Level 2 JuiceBox EVSE installed at 7.2 kW
    Registered EVSE at PlugShare
    Waiting for the first EV to charge!

I considered the FFE for a little while, until I realized how much trunk space you lose to the battery.
    Love My Volt!

Blue Topaz, Black/Ceramic White Leather, Nav 2012
    New Hampshire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptiainSlow View Post
    I can't comment on the Energi but I cross shopped the FFE.
    I believe your use of the FFE initials is for the "Ford Fusion Energi". I read somewhere else that others use the same initials for the "Ford Focus Electric". That is confusing if both vehicles were described in the same article.
    Raymond
    No Volt or Bolt EV yet!

12. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by emartin00 View Post
    I considered the FFE for a little while, until I realized how much trunk space you lose to the battery.
    I wish Ford can redesign the Fusion to have a long wheelbase, so it can have a deeper trunk and fit a larger battery for better EV range. The Cadillac CT6 EREV version is 17 feet long, so GM placed its 18kWh (same as in Volt) battery as a rectangular box behind the rear seats, yet kept a deep trunk. Ford can do the same for the Fusion and the Lincoln MKZ.

I would definitely consider buying a Lincoln MKZ Energi with a 30+ mile EV range!
    Raymond
    No Volt or Bolt EV yet!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting