Advice on loaded 2015 Volt prices
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Advice on loaded 2015 Volt prices

Cool Advice on loaded 2015 Volt prices

I've been looking at all the dealer incentive/prices/TrueCar and I am trying to make sense of all the mess.

I was originally going to lease @ $249/mo $0.0 down, but the 10k/yr miles is a real deal killer, and the deal I want (navigation/premium/safety2 package/12k miles/yr) put the lowest lease deal up to $360/mo (including taxes)

Looking at the sales price for the same car, the monthly payment factoring the CA state and fed rebates ($9000) put the monthly payment to purchase at 0%/72 at almost the same cost as the lease -- albeit for 2x the time (I am simply going to adjust withholding to factor the rebate).

I liked the option of purchasing the car, because I have more flexibility in ACTUALLY BEING ABLE TO USE IT without paying $1 for every four miles I drive past the 1000mi a month I am allotted. I am naturally planning to sell the car at about the 3-4 year mark -- I like the flexibility of being able to sell earlier or later if I need to as well.

So after calling every dealer in about an hours driving distance and a week of work later, I am still unsure of the deals they are trying to peddle.

here is an offer from Rydell:
    2015 Chevy Volt
    Premium Trim
    Bose Navi
    Safety 1
    Safety 2

38790 MSRP
    -$4000 (it was $4500 yesterday, so if another dealer gives me at least the $500 off, Rydell lost a sale)
    -$1500 GM
    -$750 USAA

+ tax, vlf, doc fee

So the total they are offering out the door, including 8% tax, doc, fees, and all promos is:

$35,525

This is compatible with the 0%/72 financing, so the payments would be:
    35525/72 ~ $493/mo

If I were to pay the $9000 I get back from feds it would reduce to ~$368/mo -- I'll have to see about that one, maybe I will, or not. Since I plan to sell, I don't see the point. I'll work that out when I have to pay off the bank in whole.

Anyways -- I was hoping some of you experts would have advice on whether this deal sounds decent/bad/really bad or whatever.

A dozen people from my office have bought Volts in the past year, because we have free L2 charging for employees... if I get a great deal, I may point others in that dealer's direction -- just wondering how much (if any) that would help...

Thank you in advance!

You should be able to pick up a $1000 Private Offer this week. That will help.

Quote Originally Posted by saltsman View Post
    You should be able to pick up a $1000 Private Offer this week. That will help.
    I've been trying to get one ALL DAY -- no luck so far.

It would only reduce the total by $250, as I qualify for the USAA $750, and I don't believe the two stack.

But $250 is $250 -- anything helps -- this is a really expensive small car!

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM-Volt.com
    Advertisements

Advertisement

How do you try and get a private offer?

Have you tried Guaranty Chevy in Santa Ana? They have a loaded white Volt with the 15% off deal that's at your number without USAA. Closer drive to FV too.

http://www.guarantychevrolet.com/Veh...-CA/2490876893

The 15% will only stack with the GM Card earnings, the USAA discount would not apply.
    2015 Ashen Gray Metallic.
    2017 SRT Volt.

gone but not forgotten (lease end)
    2013 Blue Topaz Metallic.

Quote Originally Posted by trm2 View Post
    The 15% will only stack with the GM Card earnings, the USAA discount would not apply.
    Still looks to be a better deal and is local.

I think you're conclusion that buying would be better than leasing is right, especially if you don't need to get a new car every three years, if you're worried about the miles (I don't, however, think adding more miles would make that much of a difference. Buying them on the front end usually costs half as much as paying per mile), and if you want the options you've mentioned -- when you're leasing you want to minimize the options. If you're looking at reducing the price, dropping Bose/Nav and Safety 2 would be an option.

Quote Originally Posted by bnaccs View Post
    How do you try and get a private offer?
    http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread....-that-on-Feb24

Basically, surf the Chevy site and it will pop up. Offers usually shows the last of the month.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian13 View Post
    Have you tried Guaranty Chevy in Santa Ana? They have a loaded white Volt with the 15% off deal that's at your number without USAA. Closer drive to FV too.

http://www.guarantychevrolet.com/Veh...-CA/2490876893
    According to the dealers, the 15% doesn't stack with the financing at 0%/72. The best offer compatible with the 15% off is 2.9%/48mo, which adds over $1700 in financing charges and a significantly greater monthly payment. I would have to pay down the loan quickly to reduce those charges and get the monthly to a reasonable level.

Of course, this is what dealers are telling me. If anyone has evidence to the contrary, I would be interested to know.

I'll check what Guaranty offers, and see what their bottom line price is. I'll report it on here later when I find out! :-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text