GM Volt Forum banner

Best current leasing options for Volt in California

19K views 51 replies 18 participants last post by  winchipper 
#1 ·
Am looking to lease a 2013 Volt and live in Southern California. I have seen previous postings that there were great deals through Labor Day ($199/mo and 0$ down). Has anyone been able to get a deal similar to this since Labor Day? If so, where and what were the terms? I don't expect to find that specific deal, but am wondering if there is anything comparable currently out there?

#6 ·
Thank you! I can't control what the banks do and the rates they set. I kept telling everyone to take advantage of last month's deals before they expired. Heck, I even took advantage of last month's deals and got a Volt, because I have leased enough cars in my lifetime to know an unbeatable deal when I see one. I did all the paperwork for my new Volt on August 31 when the lease rates were lower while my car was in transit to us from the factory. As everyone here knows it came in this past Friday and I took it home right away! Best car buying decision I have ever made.

Keep in mind that today's lease deals are still good considering how much the car costs. Where else can you get a car that costs this much for this low of a monthly lease payment?

Shawn

#7 ·
I think the end of last Month was the perfect storm. Good rates, 24-month terms, 2500 below invoice, dealer competition (in SoCal, at least) between Keyes, Harbor, and Rydell.

No doubt Shawn has been a real asset to members of this forum - encouraging and delivering Volts during the perfect storm.

But, we've no doubt lost some momentum on the buyer side. The 24 mo lease is gone at least for awhile and maybe the money factor on the 36 months has changed a little..... but I think; 1) dealers aren't getting to the 2000-2500 below invoice as they were before, and; 2) some kind of truce between Keyes and Rydell. (I know that Ralph has left Rydell.... don't know what's up with that.)

In his post on Friday, Shawn hinted that they could do better than the rates he posted because the inventory is up - but when I contacted him through email - there was a reluctance to share any figures below what was posted. Honestly, I expected more transparency for a dealership that seems to be more internet friendly. A personal (private) response void of any numbers and only saying to come in and "we'll take care of you" seems to be a step backward. Maybe Keyes can still get my business. This will be my fourth new car purchase/lease this year and I've always had the deal worked out before I arrived at the dealership. For the time being, I'm still sitting on the sidelines - watching the weather and trying to time jumping into the fray with other seemingly very happy Volt owners.

#8 ·
WattsCar,

I apologize for not being able to give you an exact lease figure over what is posted here on the forum. That is because I am off and in GM training and am unable to do so. It's not that I don't want to. Transparency is what we are known for as we post all of our deals on the forum for all to see.

Honestly, to get exact to the penny numbers, please contact Rick Alpern directly at: 818-231-1286. He is the general manager of Keyes Chevrolet and he has set discounted pricing structures in conjuntion with Ally interest rates and residual values. He is able to quote to the penny on leases. It is worth the phone call. Everyone else on this forum that leased their Volt through us dealt directly with Rick and they were all happy with the deals they received. Trust me, call Rick. Tell him you are a forum member and he will take care of you. This way, you will know what you will be paying before you come down from the SCV.

Get your Volt before they are all gone and keep in mind that the factory isn't building any Volts from September 15 until October 17. It will be awhile before we see our current level of inventory again. We have a good amount of Volts in stock right now and more arriving everyday. Once the in transit Volts are gone, we may see more Volts back in stock by late November or early December. It takes time for Volts to get produced and transported in to us. I am glad that I got mine already!

Shawn

#9 ·
I think what Wattscar is referring to is to see real numbers on MOST of your posts not just this one while you are away. I am sure you are a reputable dealer but hearing "we will take care of you" means little to us. I have been looking at this forum for a while and I would like some real numbers for a current purchase or lease on a base Volt in Black with nav if you had one and if not w/o nav. Included should be price, discounts, money factor and all that one would expect. We got a Prius V last month for my wife and on the prius chat forum the dealer will give the exact numbers. I think others should check it out as the dealer gives the numbers for us to make an educated decision. Other dealers please chime in and look at the Prius chat site as that dealer is selling many cars by being very candid. I am ready to buy and wish I was a month ago when lease numbers were awesome. I think the reason the Volt factory is not building is lack of sales and I don't expect to see all the Volts gone as the dealer said but time will tell. Again, I am sure you are a reputable dealer but lets get some "real" numbers and I hope to be a buyer soon.

#10 ·
If you can't get real numbers you could try other dealers. I went to my local dealer Power Chevy in Valencia and they beat Keys best price by $10/month!

#11 ·
Stockbu,

Keyes is discounting the Volt below invoice like we always have for the forum members and Rick Alpern (General Manager of Keyes Chevrolet) has authorized an additional $500.00 for the forum members, so the lease payments would be about $10 to $15 less per month roughly over our current lease rates. I can post all factors and lease payments, but we aren't talking much below what is currently being offered, just as an informational.

I think we have delivered enough Volts over the last few months to the forum members to have a trustworthy reputation and as I said, I believe in 100% transparency. We have people coming from all over the State of California, Nevada and Arizona to get their Volts from us. That has to tell you something. If we weren't ultra competitive and we didn't take care of every single forum member, nobody would come to us. We sold 70 Volts last month and more than half of them were to the forum members. You guys have to have seen all the positive Keyes buying experiences from the forum members. There are a few every other day. To remain skeptical after all that when all we really ask for most of you to get the best deal is to simply come in and see Rick. He is a great guy and his main goal is to take care of every forum member.

Our Volt inventory changes hourly. I am not kidding you! That many people from the local area get their Volts from Keyes. GM can't send us enough Volts! While other dealers are sitting on Volt inventory, we sell out every month and it's because Keyes discounts the Volt deeper than anyone else.

The Volt plant shutdown is mainly to re-tool the factory for the additional build out of the new 2014 Impala at Detroit-Hamtramck.

Shawn

#12 ·
I am in the San Francisco area and am looking to lease a well optioned Volt. I've seen numbers thrown all over the place and have visited two dealers in the San Mateo/Redwood City area and have been offered deals that aren't close to what is being bandied about here. Is there any particular deal/dealer in the SF area that folks could steer me to?

#14 ·
Can you please give exact numbers as I and others have mentioned in previous posts. Others please check out the Prius chat forums posts as that dealer posts weekly updates on their best deals. All we ask here is for some real numbers for your exact inventory. Please do not be evasive as you can tell us your inventory and best deals. We would like actual real numbers and we are sure you are trustworthy and transparent as you stated but we need real numbers not just words.

#17 · (Edited)
This is what the lease rates look like with $2500.00 BELOW FACTORY INVOICE as the drive off fee is now $1,000.00 less than what was posted before. Sales tax rate of 8.75% is already calculated in each payment, so keep that in mind.

2013 Base Volt with MSRP of: $39,995.00

$500.00 total drive-off, $325.00 per month INCLUDING TAX with 10K miles per year at 36 months
$500.00 total drive-off, $355.00 per month INCLUDING TAX with 12K miles per year at 36 months
$500.00 total drive-off, $385.00 per month INCLUDING TAX with 15K miles per year at 36 months

2013 Volt with an MSRP of: $42,730.00 equipped with leather, safety package 1, safety package 2, front sunshade and cargo net:

$1000.00 total drive-off, $339.00 per month INCLUDING TAX with 10K miles per year at 36 months
$1000.00 total drive-off, $369.00 per month INCLUDING TAX with 12K miles per year at 36 months
$1000.00 total drive-off, $399.00 per month INCLUDING TAX with 15K miles per year at 36 months

2013 Volt FULLY LOADED EQUIPPED WITH POLISHED WHEELS with an MSRP of: $44,715.00:

$1500.00 total drive-off, $359.00 per month INCLUDING TAX with 10K miles per year at 36 months
$1500.00 total drive-off, $389.00 per month INCLUDING TAX with 12K miles per year at 36 months
$1500.00 total drive-off, $419.00 per month INCLUDING TAX with 15K miles per year at 36 months

Shawn

#18 ·
Thank you Shawn.
Would the $500 forum discount be on top of this?
Also, regarding mileage the price is $30 more per month from 10ok t 12k. If I am doing the math correctly it is $120 more the life of the lease? If I am correct it would seem prudent to take the 10k unless you were sure you were going to do 12k per year.
What would the money factor and other numbers be?
Thank you again for including the numbers for us!

#19 · (Edited)
Stockbu,

Rick upped the discount $1,000 deeper, so instead of: $500.00, he gave you guys the $1,000 forum member discount. The monthly payments I listed above are the forum member prices including $2500.00 BELOW INVOICE. Right now, most dealers can't do $2500.00 below invoice because with low inventory levels, they won't be able to hit the target number of Volts in order to get incentive money back from GM. Right now, it is tough to get a great lease payment on a Volt. We are doing our best.

Most go with 10K miles per year, UNLESS they know for sure they are going to drive 12K or 15K miles per year.

I was just given discounted pricing. In this case, Ally uses interest rate and residuals. They don't use the money factor in the equation.

Interest rate on the leases is set at 1.05%
Residuals on 36 month term with 10K miles per year is: 65%
Residuals on 36 month term with 12K miles per year is: 63%
Residuals on 36 month term with 15K miles per year is: 61%

Keep in mind that NAV equipped vehicles knocks down the residual rate 1%

Rick has advised me that if we don't hit a target of at least 5 Volts sold to the forum members by THIS Friday, he will be unable to offer this deal any longer. The only way he can continue to offer this deal is if Volts are sold in relatively decent volume. If you guys are looking for a Volt, now is the time to get one while the inventory selection is pretty good.

Thanks!

Shawn

#20 ·
I was offered essentially the same deal a week or so ago at a bay area dealership without doing any negotiating. was told that these are the new ally bank prices and was shown a sheet that had the midpriced option package (the $42k MSRP) at $299/month pretax (so works out reasonably closely to $339 post tax) with $1000 drive off and was told this included $3000 off of MSRP on the car price. I was also told that this reflected a residual value of 67% after 36 months and somehow also included a discount for a portion of the $7500 federal tax credit (not sure how they do that--maybe it's just a way of saying here is the discounted price). i wonder if there is room to negotiate on the up front or the miles? i appreciate the effort here on the part of dealers to show their numbers. I also assume that not all dealers have this deal from Ally but on the other hand, i strongly doubt that anyone is taking a loss on the car, so if this is the sheet from the bank, it presumably does not include dealer incentives etc which should provide some negotiating room. thoughts and reactions?

#21 ·
The national lease offer on the Chevy website appears to be about the same as Shawn's deal.

12,000 mi Low-Mileage Lease for Qualified Lessees
$299/month 36 month lease.
+ 28.58 for difference in due at signing
+ 10% tax etc
= $360 mo

Am I missing something?

$1,529 due at signing (after all offers). Includes security deposit.
Tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment extra.
Mileage charge of $0.18 /mile over 36,000 miles.

Hide full offer details

Example based on survey. Each dealer sets own price. Your payments may vary. Payments are for a 2013 CHEVROLET Volt with an MSRP of $39,995. 36 monthly payments total $10,764. Option to purchase at lease end for an amount to be determined at lease signing. plus $350 or turn in vehicle and pay $395 termination fee. Lessor must approve lease. Take delivery by 10-31-2012. Mileage charge of $0.18/mile over 36,000 miles. Lessee pays for maintenance, repair and excess wear. Payments may be higher in some states. Not available with other offers. Residency restrictions apply

#22 ·
the monthly fee seems nearly identical. the question is, what is in the "drive off"? if a dealer really means you are done (as in docs, license, tax, whatnot) then it's definitely better to drive off for $1000 than $1500 plus this and that that likely add up to another $500 at least. maybe that's where the wriggle room is.

hey, i've never leased a car--what really happens when you turn it in after the lease? do they regularaly ding you for excessive wear and tear etc? still trying to game out leasing vs buying if i plan to hold for about 3 years

#24 ·
hey, i've never leased a car--what really happens when you turn it in after the lease? do they regularaly ding you for excessive wear and tear etc? still trying to game out leasing vs buying if i plan to hold for about 3 years
This was my first lease. I paid I think around $11 more per month, for the 36 months for a "warranty". I'm sure shawn could tell you lots about it but if I remember right it covered up to 1000 miles over the allowed amount, up to $5,000 in repairs or whatever is wrong with the vehicle ($1000 per "problem") they will take care of. stains, smells, wear, scratches, rips, burns, ect.

#29 ·
Just picked up a 2013 Silver Topaz - premium interior, safety pkg 1 & 2, navigation, Bose, polished wheels. Paying $399 including tax with 2500 down, 36 months 12K per year. I really didn't want the polished wheels or safety pkg 2 but the dealer made an offer I had a hard time refusing. Going from a 16 MPG SUV to a Volt - saving much dollar!

#30 ·
We are at about the same for the exact same car:

2013 Volt FULLY LOADED EQUIPPED WITH POLISHED WHEELS with an MSRP of: $44,715.00:

$2500.00 total drive-off, $359.00 per month INCLUDING TAX with 10K miles per year at 36 months
$2500.00 total drive-off, $389.00 per month INCLUDING TAX with 12K miles per year at 36 months
$2500.00 total drive-off, $419.00 per month INCLUDING TAX with 15K miles per year at 36 months

Shawn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.